Torture- Most likely location at AA?

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Torture- Most likely location at AA?

Postby Detective Crusader » Jul 21st, 2015, 7:31 am

dk09w1ngz wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:One of the Riddler stories in AK tells us that Jason was captured before the re-opening of the Asylum so technically every place is abandoned at that point. It's probably just one of the places we visited in AA.

Great. Another continuity snarl.

Anyway, the City Story I know for sure said Jason ended up in the Sanatorium and Batman's memories seems to imply Jason was kept somewhere in the medical building. I don't recall anywhere else with marble tiles in Arkham Asylum.

On my first play through of AA, I had this feeling that the Asylum had been around Over a hundred years, and that It's all just been built over or onto of each other with all the new technology. Giving it this ghostly vibe to the whole island. Then seeing it was actually closed down and reopened kinda took that away a little. Because why was it even closed down in the first place?

Anyway, If Endgame is still cannon, I think it might have been the cell that batman threw Joker into. I think they even say it is off records or not in use anymore or something like that.
Dr. Jonathan Crane plans on elevating fear to new depths.
Detective Crusader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death Of The Family

Postby Arkham Knight » Jul 21st, 2015, 3:34 pm

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:One of the Riddler stories in AK tells us that Jason was captured before the re-opening of the Asylum so technically every place is abandoned at that point. It's probably just one of the places we visited in AA.

Wut ?!
Wasn't it reopened somewhere after the events of Cold Cold Heart DLC ?!
And There was no Dick in Arkham Origins Blackgate (couple of weeks after Arkham Origins) I just don't understand anything !
What were they thinking ?! (AVGN Voice)
"I've waited long enough! Batman dies...tonight!"
Arkham Knight

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Year One

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 21st, 2015, 4:12 pm

I have a couple suggestions but I'm really not sure.
-The run down building which leads to the catacombs opposite Intensive Treatment.
- In the water treatment facility above the catacombs, there were three elevators. We only knew where one of them went...
-A secret room like Quincy's AC room. Likely in the Medical Facility.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Ebbtide » Jul 21st, 2015, 4:33 pm

It'd be neat if they expanded on this, and in some way Quincy Sharpe actually knew about Robin's capture. It would explain his markings being around where Robin was being held.

If they twisted it like that, like Quincy allowed the Joker asylum there with a Bat partner, hoping to "cleanse" Jason of his wrong doings by being a vigilante, it would be such a warped storyline. Further adding to why Quincy Sharpe is so hateful to the Joker in Arkham Asylum. There seems like a secret they have with the way Joker talks to Sharpe when he's being carted in. If it was that he was somehow involved, and enraged when Joker killed Todd, realizing there was no salvaging the Joker's demented mind, leading to the Joker's escape from the Asylum (with Harleen turned Harley) and plot against Sharpe and Dr. Young.

I just like the idea that while Batman believes that each time he locks away the Joker that the Joker is being treated, not realizing that he's actually being enabled by people like Harleen and Sharpe, making it mean no place in Gotham is beyond corruption. It would make the first game have an even more sinister underlying tone in retrospect and replay.
Ebbtide

Favourite Villain: The Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 21st, 2015, 5:47 pm

Ebbtide wrote:It'd be neat if they expanded on this, and in some way Quincy Sharpe actually knew about Robin's capture. It would explain his markings being around where Robin was being held.

If they twisted it like that, like Quincy allowed the Joker asylum there with a Bat partner, hoping to "cleanse" Jason of his wrong doings by being a vigilante, it would be such a warped storyline. Further adding to why Quincy Sharpe is so hateful to the Joker in Arkham Asylum. There seems like a secret they have with the way Joker talks to Sharpe when he's being carted in. If it was that he was somehow involved, and enraged when Joker killed Todd, realizing there was no salvaging the Joker's demented mind, leading to the Joker's escape from the Asylum (with Harleen turned Harley) and plot against Sharpe and Dr. Young.

I just like the idea that while Batman believes that each time he locks away the Joker that the Joker is being treated, not realizing that he's actually being enabled by people like Harleen and Sharpe, making it mean no place in Gotham is beyond corruption. It would make the first game have an even more sinister underlying tone in retrospect and replay.

I think Quincy hates Joker so much because of the Amadeus Arkham mental illness thing that Quincy has. Quincy tried to kill Joker in his cell before AA and was overpowered by Joker who let him walk away. But it would be awesome if it turned out that Joker used this to blackmail Quincy into allowing him to torture Jason in the Asylum.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby M. Malone » Jul 23rd, 2015, 2:24 pm

Detective Crusader wrote:On my first play through of AA, I had this feeling that the Asylum had been around Over a hundred years, and that It's all just been built over or onto of each other with all the new technology. Giving it this ghostly vibe to the whole island. Then seeing it was actually closed down and reopened kinda took that away a little. Because why was it even closed down in the first place?

I agree completely with your impression of AA. Here's how I rationalize the continuity in my mind, for what it's worth: The asylum was abandoned and allowed to fall into disrepair, hence the dilapidated appearance in so many places. The 'reopening' was nothing more than adding a bunch of Waynetech gates and security equipment, along with a new penitentiary. The rest of the infrastructure was left undisturbed for the most part due to budget constraints and/or a pervasive unconcerned attitude by administration.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Previous

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE