Everyone gets kidnapped or taken as hostage

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Everyone gets kidnapped or taken as hostage

Postby MooCow » Jul 16th, 2015, 2:59 pm

Kidnappings aren't anything new to the arkham games, I mean c'mon, in asylum gordon got kidnapped by boles then harley and gordon still managed to get captured by joker. Harley also took the warden, Dr young was taken by Zsasz. In city, catwoman got taken, the entire medical team got taken, half of the gotham general doctors were captured by strange, fries was taken by penguin and even talia was taken by joker.

My point is kidnappings are kinda tradition in the arkham games.
MooCow

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby AW8 » Jul 16th, 2015, 7:31 pm

MooCow wrote:Kidnappings aren't anything new to the arkham games, I mean c'mon, in asylum gordon got kidnapped by boles then harley and gordon still managed to get captured by joker. Harley also took the warden, Dr young was taken by Zsasz. In city, catwoman got taken, the entire medical team got taken, half of the gotham general doctors were captured by strange, fries was taken by penguin and even talia was taken by joker.

Most of those aren't Batman's close allies in his war on crime though, like Gordon or the Bat-family.
In Asylum, there was Gordon (the second kidnapping just comes out of nowhere to set up the silly ending).
In City, there was Catwoman and Talia (twice, and once again the second hostage situation is just nonsensical to set up the ending).
I guess Origins is the only game without and kidnappings/hostage situations (sans Bane knocking Alfred around), but he also didn't have any incompetent allies to be kidnapped at this point.

In Knight, EVERY ally gets kidnapped/taken hostage. Catwoman, Oracle, Nightwing, Nightwing, Gordon, Gordon, Lucius, Robin. The only prominent one left alone is Alfred.
It's like Joker says, "they can't be left alone for five minutes without being kidnapped." :lol:
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Red leader » Jul 20th, 2015, 2:20 pm

AW8 wrote:
MooCow wrote:Kidnappings aren't anything new to the arkham games, I mean c'mon, in asylum gordon got kidnapped by boles then harley and gordon still managed to get captured by joker. Harley also took the warden, Dr young was taken by Zsasz. In city, catwoman got taken, the entire medical team got taken, half of the gotham general doctors were captured by strange, fries was taken by penguin and even talia was taken by joker.

Most of those aren't Batman's close allies in his war on crime though, like Gordon or the Bat-family.
In Asylum, there was Gordon (the second kidnapping just comes out of nowhere to set up the silly ending).
In City, there was Catwoman and Talia (twice, and once again the second hostage situation is just nonsensical to set up the ending).
I guess Origins is the only game without and kidnappings/hostage situations (sans Bane knocking Alfred around), but he also didn't have any incompetent allies to be kidnapped at this point.

In Knight, EVERY ally gets kidnapped/taken hostage. Catwoman, Oracle, Nightwing, Nightwing, Gordon, Gordon, Lucius, Robin. The only prominent one left alone is Alfred.
It's like Joker says, "they can't be left alone for five minutes without being kidnapped." :lol:

Wow that's a really good point.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 20th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Guys, lets not forget Ivy being taken by Scarecrow at the start of the game which is very strange to me idk what happened there. :ivy:
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 20th, 2015, 5:53 pm

In Knight its painful obvious...its as if they all are a bit incompetent...or the villians are smart when it comes to abduction.:D

Its a old hat when civilians, cops, firefighters etc get kidnapped...but you would think batmans allies are not that easy to capture.
It seems to be as hard as taking candy from a baby.:) :oldyella:
Mani-Man

Postby Biggest Bane » Jul 22nd, 2015, 5:38 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:This is what happens when quality writing doesn't happen. Paul Dini had his shit figured out.

What can you do, at least the game-play is awesome!

:oldyella:
Which is why Arkham City's plot is so contrived, right?
Biggest Bane

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jul 22nd, 2015, 5:56 pm

At the very least, it had LESS loose ends. And I, personally, liked it more, tbh...
Prisoner 4011

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 22nd, 2015, 6:02 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:At the very least, it had LESS loose ends. And I, personally, liked it more, tbh...

Yes, Dini messed up on other parts big time, but the city and asylum storys had less plotholes and things that made you shake your head.
Mani-Man

Postby TheJester » Jul 22nd, 2015, 7:07 pm

A lot of the plotholes/loose ends in Arkham City come down to editing, not Dini's writing. Protocol 10 was clearly cut to make way for the Joker subplot - funny how the same thing happened in Knight, with Rocksteady once again in charge of edits :P
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Previous

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE