Rocksteady and the future of batman

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Rocksteady and the future of batman

Postby The_prophet » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:46 am

I think rocksteady could be working on either a Dark Knight returns style game, or a Batman Beyond game. Still set in the Arkham canon but not an Arkham game. Hence why they said Arkham Knight was the last in their trilogy.

This would make since why they keep including the the Arkham future skin packs.
The_prophet
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing joke

Re: Rocksteady and the future of batman

Postby Batarama » Jul 13th, 2015, 4:00 am

I'm hoping for a Justice League game that features the Arkhamverse Batman in it. It could also be a Suicide Squad game since WB Montreal is reportedly working on a Superman game (which I am not very interested in). Batman has had his time in the spot light, but I hope whatever they are working on is still some what related to the Arkham games. My theory is that WB Montreal will release their Superman game and then after that, since the two most famous DC heroes have had there own stand alone games, Rocksteady will release a huge JL game with all of the characters. That's my dream anyways...
Batarama

Postby The_prophet » Jul 13th, 2015, 5:42 am

Can you post a link that talked about them making a superman game? I'm not saying your lying, it's just that want to read the article. :adam:
The_prophet
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing joke

Postby Mr. Serpent » Jul 13th, 2015, 9:45 am

We don't need another Batman game. This idea is completely exhausted itself after Arkham Knight. In fact Batman game idea completely exhaused itself after Arkham City, that's why Arkham Knight is all about Batmoblie - Rocksteady didn't want to repeat themselves.
Mr. Serpent

Favourite Villain: Gotta catch 'em all
Favourite Graphic Novel: AA: ASHOTSE

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jul 13th, 2015, 12:23 pm

If you check my signature I cover everything from Batman Beyond to Green Arrow and much more. :adam:

Personally I'm beginning to think Rocksteady's talents are going to end up being wasted on Batman if they continue with it for another outing (unless it's Beyond), so the more different franchises the better.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Batarama » Jul 13th, 2015, 1:42 pm

The_prophet wrote:Can you post a link that talked about them making a superman game? I'm not saying your lying, it's just that want to read the article. :adam:

There was a leaked image and concept art of the game. It has yet to be confirmed but I thought it looked pretty real.
Batarama

Postby RAID3N » Jul 13th, 2015, 2:27 pm

I'm one of those 7 people in the world who is, to say the least, in doubts that Rocksteady's next game is going to be also about a superhero/comic book character.

The fact that they nailed the gameplay aspect of Batman, character who is just a highly trained guy without extraordinary powers or abilities, doesn't mean they can make a game about JL, or Superman or any other big DC superhero.

I think it's probably some new out-of-the-blue IP, that might not even be based on anything.
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Batarama » Jul 13th, 2015, 11:15 pm

RAID3N wrote:I'm one of those 7 people in the world who is, to say the least, in doubts that Rocksteady's next game is going to be also about a superhero/comic book character.

The fact that they nailed the gameplay aspect of Batman, character who is just a highly trained guy without extraordinary powers or abilities, doesn't mean they can make a game about JL, or Superman or any other big DC superhero.

I think it's probably some new out-of-the-blue IP, that might not even be based on anything.

We'll see...
Batarama

Postby jifw52 » Jul 14th, 2015, 7:05 am

I can bet that there's someone out there who's dying for a sequel to Urban Chaos: Riot Response....
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby SupermanKnight24 » Jul 14th, 2015, 11:59 am

I personally think Superman is next on there list, I highly doubt WBM is working on the Superman game since its been debunked with the image being fake. To me a Super-powered character makes sense since Paul Dini didn't write Arkham Knight and only rote city and asylum cause he wanted the studio to do a superpowered character and Superman came out of his mouth a couple of times over.

I still think Rocksteady is doing Superman since they would want to do there own style of the character cause Brainiac concept art looks way too Geoff Johns version like a skin or something. So for me Superman is a logical choice to go and something "different" cause Green Arrow is copy and paste Batman. In all honesty folks we have to understand Rocksteady Superman if done will not be COMIC BOOK Superman. When a character like Batman and Superman go to another medium they are always depowered no matter what. Grant Morrison Batman would never have worked in these games, Bat-God could never work in these games you know the Batman that knows EVERYTHING this Batman required a lot of aid something New 52 Batman doesn't even do.

So of course the Superman where gonna be isn't going to be the All Star version nor Silver Age version he will be depowered for the sake of gameplay just has Batman is in this universe. You don't see me complaining about "hmm why is Batman not using his mech suit to wreck crap up?" I want the seven of the JLA to get respect just has Batman did. They gave Batman's universe respect now give us Superman's Universe, Flashes Universe has well with the same dedication. Rocksteady you guys have 80 years worth of Superman material to work with can same goes for Flash.
SupermanKnight24
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Ras Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham Asylum House

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 14th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Batarama wrote:I'm hoping for a Justice League game that features the Arkhamverse Batman in it. It could also be a Suicide Squad game since WB Montreal is reportedly working on a Superman game (which I am not very interested in). Batman has had his time in the spot light, but I hope whatever they are working on is still some what related to the Arkham games. My theory is that WB Montreal will release their Superman game and then after that, since the two most famous DC heroes have had there own stand alone games, Rocksteady will release a huge JL game with all of the characters. That's my dream anyways...

The images are fake
I doubt rocksteady will do another super hero
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE