What If?: Arkham Knight's Identity

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

What If?: Arkham Knight's Identity

Postby joker_knight » Jul 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Hey guys,

I kinda had some ideas about what Arkham Knight could have been that his identity could have shocked us. Instead of Jason...seriously, everyone guessed it from the announcement.

So my idea? First off, AK's mask looks a lot like an owl than a bat. Why? Well, if it is going to mock Batman and resemble him shouldn't it have long ears like the rest of Bat's costumes?
Secondly notice that the mask doesn't look all round like traditional Red Hood helmet. Instead it takes a little detour and kinda forms a beak.

If you look at the mask it does look like an owl with beak. BUT, what makes this even more plausible?
He intends to kill the Batman who is in symbol a BAT. What can kill a Bat? An Owl.

So he has a mask that resembles an Owl and wants to kill the Bat which only an Owl can. Hmmm

Owls, what do they remind us of? Court Of Owls. Richest community ever that can very easily afford all those drones and armies. Who can be AK? How about Talon or at least someone like Talon who Batman has done wrong to him and now wants revenge because of it.
Someone said maybe it's Damian or his other clone that is significantly older than him. I actually like Damian theory makes it more personal considering Ra's and Talia's Death.

You may ask why the name...Arkham Knight? Well first off he needs to hide his identity for sure. But if it were Damian and the Owls the name comes easily.
Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were huge failures when it came to stop the criminals and the city has failed because of it. Since Owls care about the city...apparently they need someone from those ashes to rise and become someone to redeem those and the city. Well...who has a personal thing in Arkham City lost? Damian.
So he must become a Knight to redeem not only the failed Arkham City but redeem the city itself.
Something Batman could never be.

But the thing is...this could have been amazing. Both Talon and Damian posses enough power to be a true challenge to Batman. And something tells me maybe they were supposed to be the Villains and something stopped it.
I mean....RED HOOD? Really? If the story for Batman's family's death and failures continued it could have lead to Joker (in the hallucinations) kill Talia again and make Batman go nuts. Showing him all his failures could have been his undoing.

This is all a theory and as it says...What If?

Do you think Arkham Knight could have been an Owl? Makes sense if you think about it and kinda heartbreaking. I'm sure all would have been surprised too instead of again Jason.
I'm a huge fan of Red Hood Story always have been but come on. This is too much. And isn't all that shocking. They practically gave it away.

So, what are your thoughts?
joker_knight

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: What If?: Arkham Knight's Identity

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 16th, 2015, 6:36 am

Anything is better than Jason bro, even deathstroke
AK being Todd was so obvious that I thought for a sec it wasnt him bc I thought RS wanted us to think its Jason when actually it would be [insert anyone here]

The AK was a huge opportunity to create something new and original to Batman, imagine how awesome in a few years from now you watching a Batman movie with the AK on it?
But nope, Todd blew it up

-- Jul 16th, 2015, 6:36 am --

AK being Todd was so obvious that I thought for a sec it wasnt him bc I thought RS wanted us to think its Jason when actually it would be [insert anyone here]

The AK was a huge opportunity to create something new and original to Batman, imagine how awesome in a few years from now you watching a Batman movie with the AK on it?

-- Jul 16th, 2015, 6:36 am --

PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Re: What If?: Arkham Knight's Identity

Postby cloakandcowl » Jul 16th, 2015, 9:58 am

My only problem with Damian and Talon is they have no relation to anything else going.

Todd is directly connected to Joker and allows us relevant flashback/hallucinations and, on a metaphorical level we get good narrative-resonance.
Yeah maybe the unveiling wasn't a surprise to us but the surprise to Bruce/Alfred was handled well I thought.

However. I like the idea of the Court of Owls being involved somehow, possibly being the guys that picked Todd up after Joker ditches him? And the guys who put him in contact with Scarecrow, however, including the Owls is a big job imo, worthy of it's own game and would've significantly muddied the water of Arkham Knight.
cloakandcowl

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE