New Challenge Map / Character found in files

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

New Challenge Map / Character found in files

Postby km16 » Jul 15th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Spoiler: show
The Joker

The map is Million Dollar Mayhem where you have to do one million dollars in damage within' 5 minutes.

Was this known already?
km16

Re: New Challenge Map / Character found in files

Postby birdman » Jul 15th, 2015, 11:08 pm

km16 wrote:
The Joker

The map is Million Dollar Mayhem where you have to do one million dollars in damage within' 5 minutes.

Was this known already?

yep
birdman

Favourite Villain: scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby TheJester » Jul 15th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Don't believe we'd seen this yet. Interesting find, hmm, wondering if this means we will be getting separate challenge maps or if this will simply be another Arkham Story.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Batarama » Jul 15th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Cool. I just wish they would stop making maps for specific players and let us play as whoever we want on all maps like in Arkham City.
Batarama

Postby Xranf » Jul 16th, 2015, 12:19 am

Km16 please, couldyou explain better that "new" character? I dont understand whats new about it, he was in the game, no? Or is it other dlc? Explain more.

Thanks!
Xranf

Postby km16 » Jul 16th, 2015, 12:44 am

Xranf wrote:Km16 please, couldyou explain better that "new" character? I dont understand whats new about it, he was in the game, no? Or is it other dlc? Explain more.

Thanks!

It's going to be released with the Challenge Map DLC, so new in the sense of it's a new map thats been discovered and I wasn't sure if people knew about it yet. New in the sense of half the games fans have never been able to play as the character in a challenge map before.
km16

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 16th, 2015, 6:23 am

YESSSSSS!!!!
I wanted to play as joker since AA PS3 exclusive BS
Finally! Thank you RS!!!!
Now we have 8 characters and no decent challenge maps XD
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby HaHaHa » Jul 16th, 2015, 9:53 am

Hmm interesting. I wonder where this will be located!? I'm hoping we'll see some cool interiors as there were very few in Knight suitable for challenge maps.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby cloakandcowl » Jul 16th, 2015, 10:00 am

HaHaHa wrote:Hmm interesting. I wonder where this will be located!? I'm hoping we'll see some cool interiors as there were very few in Knight suitable for challenge maps.

I kinda disagree. When I was playing through I kept seeing places I swore would've been used, they looked almost purpose built. It wasn't until later i found out there were no real challenge maps. :(

Although I kinda agree in so far as , most of the in-game combat-areas ended up being variants of a rooftop fight.
cloakandcowl

Postby HaHaHa » Jul 16th, 2015, 10:12 am

cloakandcowl wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Hmm interesting. I wonder where this will be located!? I'm hoping we'll see some cool interiors as there were very few in Knight suitable for challenge maps.

I kinda disagree. When I was playing through I kept seeing places I swore would've been used, they looked almost purpose built. It wasn't until later i found out there were no real challenge maps. :(

Although I kinda agree in so far as , most of the in-game combat-areas ended up being variants of a rooftop fight.

Yeah the game is either rooftop combat/predator or it takes you underground. Panassa Studios is the only building fully utilized. What places did you see that you thought looked purpose built for challenge maps?

I don't think many of them would be practical, but I'd like to see some old Asylum, City and Origins locations for old times sake.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby cloakandcowl » Jul 16th, 2015, 11:02 am

HaHaHa wrote:Yeah the game is either rooftop combat/predator or it takes you underground. Panassa Studios is the only building fully utilized. What places did you see that you thought looked purpose built for challenge maps?

I don't think many of them would be practical, but I'd like to see some old Asylum, City and Origins locations for old times sake.

The Orphanage(Riddler HQ) looked like it had good potential.
I'd expect either the GCPD or Wayne Tower carparks to have been used so we could smash faces into cars or bollards or whatever.
One of the Penguin weapons staches as they are all already combat rooms.
There's that underground'ish combat room for one of the firecrew on founders island which would've been a nice alleyway environment.
There is an exterior Bank of Gotham area where there's a massive glowing goat head on the floor that looks purpose built for a combat challenge but is never used for anything as far as I recall.(There's an exploding wall nearby for a riddle i guess)
Pyg's arena and the Dollotrons.
One of the Twoface banks probably could've worked.
Panessa Studios had some fun looking spots, not necessarily just the Albert King room, the room with the big statue would've worked or even the main Bat Computer room with the holding cells.
I would've wanted to see one on the Zepellin(interior or exterior) with the ship occasionally lurching to one side or the other to mix things up a bit.
There could've been one in the clocktower or Wayne's office.
There SHOULD have been a trippy Scarecrow one where the horizon is melting away, or set in the diner or in crime alley or something, and the thugs are intermittently turning into demons(from the intro) or Joker or Batman and/or his allies or just random villains.

There should be a street level one with the batmobile parked to one side to do the occasional takedown with.
Several of the militia outposts and the AK HQ looked appropriate.

Just so much potential and we end up drowning in Batmobile challenges.
cloakandcowl

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jul 16th, 2015, 5:33 pm

km16 wrote:
The Joker

Was this known already?

So... Jokermobile come back? When do we get a Joker/Harley dual-play map?
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE