Barbara Gordon Fate

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Barbara Gordon Fate

Postby emperorob17 » Jul 18th, 2015, 1:48 pm

I'm just wondering why Barbara Gordon wasn't part of Knightfall protocol and had to fake her death as well. Wasn't her identity exposed by Arkham Knight and Scarecrow during the main story?
emperorob17

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Barbara Gordon Fate

Postby MooCow » Jul 18th, 2015, 2:09 pm

She gets married to robin, in the full knightfall protocol Gordon gets a message from her to not forget the ring and his phone's background is a photo of tim and barbara. Oh and he's wearing a tux just to hammer home the fact he is heading to the wedding.
MooCow

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby emperorob17 » Jul 18th, 2015, 2:58 pm

MooCow wrote:She gets married to robin, in the full knightfall protocol Gordon gets a message from her to not forget the ring and his phone's background is a photo of tim and barbara. Oh and he's wearing a tux just to hammer home the fact he is heading to the wedding.

No I know that is what actually happened - but as her identity got exposed wouldn't her life be in danger as villains will know she was Batman's ally and come after her?
emperorob17

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jul 18th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Plot hole after plot hole... ugh.
Prisoner 4011

Postby MooCow » Jul 18th, 2015, 3:09 pm

emperorob17 wrote:
MooCow wrote:She gets married to robin, in the full knightfall protocol Gordon gets a message from her to not forget the ring and his phone's background is a photo of tim and barbara. Oh and he's wearing a tux just to hammer home the fact he is heading to the wedding.

No I know that is what actually happened - but as her identity got exposed wouldn't her life be in danger as villains will know she was Batman's ally and come after her?

Well the only person that straight up knew she was oracle was the arkham knight and now he is red hood. All the other villains just thought she was just another hostage that had a lot of leverage. I mean look at penguin, he didn't even know who AK kidnapped until batman told him. So I think that the only threats to her would be scarecrow and high ranking miltia.
Also if batman is dead, then there is no need to attack barbara because thugs would gain nothing out of it.
You can't hurt what is already dead.
MooCow

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 20th, 2015, 6:03 am

She wouldnt need to since she was just a hacking ally in a wheelchair, they never revealed she was actually batgirl, so no more batman no more of his allies

With bats supposedly dead there is no point in going after allies that don't do anything since his death
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 20th, 2015, 7:39 am

emperorob17 wrote:

It would be no different to knowing that Jim Gordon worked with Batman. Just because Jim worked with Batman doesn't mean he would have to die in the Knightfall Protocol. Why would Barbara have to die just because she worked with him?

The idea of Knightfall Protocol, aside from protecting Barbara, Jim, Tim, Dick, etc. is to give rebirth to a new myth and legend. Batman exposed as Bruce Wayne. The mystery and myth of the Batman would no longer have the same effect. For a new Batman to appear and be able to be even more mythic than the original involves Bruce being killed because if Bruce Wayne is dead, who or what is the new Batman stalking criminals?

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby emperorob17 » Jul 20th, 2015, 9:41 am

TFDutchman wrote:
emperorob17 wrote:

It would be no different to knowing that Jim Gordon worked with Batman. Just because Jim worked with Batman doesn't mean he would have to die in the Knightfall Protocol. Why would Barbara have to die just because she worked with him?

The idea of Knightfall Protocol, aside from protecting Barbara, Jim, Tim, Dick, etc. is to give rebirth to a new myth and legend. Batman exposed as Bruce Wayne. The mystery and myth of the Batman would no longer have the same effect. For a new Batman to appear and be able to be even more mythic than the original involves Bruce being killed because if Bruce Wayne is dead, who or what is the new Batman stalking criminals?

Ok that makes a lot of sense - thanks for the reply!
emperorob17

Postby Red leader » Jul 20th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:Plot hole after plot hole... ugh.

At least knights plot holes are not done within a single paragraph of dioluge.

-- Jul 20th, 2015, 2:16 pm --

Prisoner 4011 wrote:Plot hole after plot hole... ugh.

At least knights plot holes are not done within a single paragraph of dioluge.

-- Jul 20th, 2015, 2:16 pm --

TFDutchman wrote:
emperorob17 wrote:

Which promptly ruins the characters whole need for Bruce Wayne and the balance but I guess dramatic endings are more important then good character resolution right Rises? Though really peoe know batman was a man so really he will have the same effect just now he has no Bruce Wayne to balance him out.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE