Best Fight in AK?

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Best Boss Fight in AK?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Best Fight in AK?

Postby ArthurWynne » Jul 19th, 2015, 8:14 am

So the boss fights may not have been what people expected but what among these is the best?
Last edited by ArthurWynne on Jul 19th, 2015, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArthurWynne

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Best Fight in AK?

Postby gary2692 » Jul 19th, 2015, 10:39 am

You need to give us at least 2 options on the vote. I can't just chose one

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby MooCow » Jul 19th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Honestly my favourite fight was batman and oracles vs the miltia. I loved the siege of GCPD and thought the final part on the rooftop with wave after wave of more challenging enemies just felt great.

I also found it cool how the gameover screen is the mitia killing everyone in GCPD.
MooCow

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby ArthurWynne » Jul 19th, 2015, 9:23 pm

gary2692 wrote:You need to give us at least 2 options on the vote. I can't just chose one

all right, no problem - now everyone can vote 2 options

-- Jul 19th, 2015, 9:29 pm --

gary2692 wrote:You need to give us at least 2 options on the vote. I can't just chose one

all right, no problem - now everyone can vote 2 options

-- Jul 19th, 2015, 9:29 pm --

MooCow wrote:Honestly my favourite fight was batman and oracles vs the miltia. I loved the siege of GCPD and thought the final part on the rooftop with wave after wave of more challenging enemies just felt great.

I also found it cool how the gameover screen is the mitia killing everyone in GCPD.

That was the hardest battle in the game for me. Having Oracle help was awesome but it was not easy focusing on her hacking and dodging tank attacks at the same time, especially with all those homing missiles coming at the batmobile. Totally epic fight though - may as well have been a boss fight. The combat challenge on the roof of GCPD (near those Arkham Asylum-ish doors) was great also.
ArthurWynne

Postby Batarama » Jul 19th, 2015, 11:03 pm

What fight? Lol, just kidding. Out of the main story I thought the Excavagator fight was satisfying, although I would have preferred to get my hands on Arkham Knight. Out of the side missions I thought the Proffesor Pyg fight was fun. My favorite would have to be Batgirl and Robin vs Joker and Harley Quinn, although it was just DLC.
Batarama

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jul 20th, 2015, 12:20 am

That's a tough one but I chose Riddler and Harley + Joker.

I loved fighting the robots and the fact that Riddler was actually a physical threat this time around. I also find it more and more satisfying to beat him. In AA you listen to the cops who arrest him, in AC you performed a silent takedown on him and this time around you finally got to fight him. And I loved the Dual Play mechanics, which is also the reason for my second choice. Seeing Harley in her original outfit is a great bonus and I liked this fight more than the one against Albert King. I liked that one as well. I thought it was cool to have a bossfight with a character that didn't appear in any comic and was created specifically for this game. But as I said I just liked the other fights more.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby ArthurWynne » Jul 20th, 2015, 2:07 am

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:That's a tough one but I chose Riddler and Harley + Joker.

I loved fighting the robots and the fact that Riddler was actually a physical threat this time around. I also find it more and more satisfying to beat him. In AA you listen to the cops who arrest him, in AC you performed a silent takedown on him and this time around you finally got to fight him. And I loved the Dual Play mechanics, which is also the reason for my second choice. Seeing Harley in her original outfit is a great bonus and I liked this fight more than the one against Albert King. I liked that one as well. I thought it was cool to have a bossfight with a character that didn't appear in any comic and was created specifically for this game. But as I said I just liked the other fights more.

I also chose Riddler as my favorite. Loved it for the same reasons. Aside from Origins' Enigma, I really loved the evolution of the Riddler in the series, from an overconfident trash-talking distraction to a death-trap maker and hostage taker to totally insane super villain genius (and brash jerk) with a robot army. Having it end with such an epic boss fight really completed Riddler's story arc in the Arkham saga.

I also agree it was cool to have a good boss fight with a character created for the game (Albert King). Very creative decision on Rocksteady's part, although a bit risky of them too as evident from the poll.
ArthurWynne

Postby Remote Claw » Jul 20th, 2015, 5:32 am

1. Albert King
2. Riddler

Kind of surprised with the difference of votes between "Joker and Harley" and "Albert King." They're both Dual Play battles with a tougher enemy as the boss. The quick time events are why I didn't choose Joker and Harley. It's fun, but that's always a step down.
Last edited by Remote Claw on Jul 20th, 2015, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remote Claw

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 20th, 2015, 5:36 am

WBGM is still kicking RS ass when it comes to boss fights

Joker & harley vs robin & batgirl was amazing
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby Justice » Jul 20th, 2015, 6:27 am

Batgirl and Robin versus Joker and Harley Quinn is the only one I like. Possibly Riddler but I haven't fought him yet.
Justice

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 20th, 2015, 7:45 am

Batgirl and Robin vs. Joker and Harley
Professor Pyg and the Dollotrons

Neither fight overly complicated and blended in well to the pre-existing freeflow combat mechanics. That to me is all that really needs to be done to make a great boss battle in the Batman games. Freeflow and Predator situations with Uber bosses. Joker and Harley you could actually hit. Pyg you had to stun by countering his knives and then use an environmental takedown. Freeze from Arkham City was one of the best uses of Predator combat in a boss battle. The Arkham Knight predator encounter to a lesser extent.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby ArthurWynne » Jul 20th, 2015, 10:29 am

PriestlyBlock67 wrote:WBGM is still kicking RS ass when it comes to boss fights

They used RS's gameplay system (dual play combat) for that boss fight - so not really -

This poll wasn't made to spark a RS vs. WBGM debate though...

But it does appear the dual play fights are the most popular style.

Joker and Harley are the most popular Arkham villains, so I really think that has the most influence on the votes as well.

Personally I think it's uncool the one boss fight that doesn't involve Batman at all is winning this poll.
ArthurWynne

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 20th, 2015, 10:36 am

It feels like Asylum all over again...the question is more, which boss fight is the least bad one?:D

Professor pygs was nice.
Then the Joker/Harley one from the dlc.
The one with Arkham Knight underground was surprisingly enjoyable too.

But other then that, rocksteady has gone back to the asylum days with the boss fights.
Mani-Man

Postby TheDoctorofDCnU » Jul 21st, 2015, 6:27 pm

I have to go with the Arkham Knight predator fight.

Spoiler: show
You're fighting a now revealed Jason Todd. And it's not about a fight, became about Batman trying to bring Jason to his senses. Because Bruce doesn't want to fight him, he wants to help him. He knows a flat out fight won't do anything, that's why when you grab him in the battle you don't start beating on him. Batman grabs him by the arms and trys reason with him.

And as you sneak around the area, taking down his thugs that you can't use detective vision on, he starts talking about what Joker did. It makes the encounter that much more powerful of an event. Hearing the hell he went through, and Bruce wanting to help him makes it my favorite boss encounter of the series.
TheDoctorofDCnU

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 21st, 2015, 9:00 pm

Lol, the fact that the fan favourite fight is between a DLC and a side mission shows how much this game was lacking in terms of bosses and challenging fights. I loved the Professor Pyg side mission and I'm looking forward to playing the Batgirl DLC but they're both just regular combat scenarios.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE