Things you want in the next Arkham game

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Things you want in the next Arkham game

Postby legion » Aug 7th, 2015, 12:20 am

Not sure if this is a topic already, but I'll take the chance. With the large amount of people disappointed with how AK ultimately turned out, I thought we should share what we would like to see or not see in a potential Origins sequel or other form of Arkham game.

Wants:
    Keep Batwing Fast Travel- While Pursuit mode in AK was mostly fun, I do wish we could have used the Batwing to avoid tedious driving sections. Plus, if they do implement a pre Asylum Batmobile and people get tired of it, they have a back up mode of fast transportation.

Proto-Asylum Batmobile- Strictly used for pursuits
    Batgirl or Dick Grayson Robin- I would be fine with either of these two being Bruce's sidekick in the game in order to give us a look at their dynamics during this stage in their lives.

More Substantial/Varied Side Missions

More Riddles, Less Useless Riddler Trophies- If they do make another Arkham game, its a no brainer that Riddler is gonna be in it. I really wish that they either cut down on the trophies or make each one unlock something.

Keep Duel Play- I loved using this mechanic in Knight and hopefully it get implemented in another games.

Lesser Utilized Villains- Depending the villains that show up in AK's Season Pass content, I'd really like to see villains we've been teased about but haven't physically appeared yet.

Expanded Batcave- Enough said.

Don't Wants:
    Tank Battles

Batmobile Races (Unless tied into Gearhead)

Joker as the Main Villain
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Re: Things you want in the next Arkham game

Postby JordanT4021 » Aug 8th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Continuity alignment. In other words, sort your sh*t out WBM & RS.

Moving on, I'd like to see a relationship between Batman and Robin. Let's see how Dick came into the Arkhamverse and how Batman dealt with it. And hopefully get some time to play as Robin.

Also, an expansion into the already beautiful rogues gallery. Origins did a great job with this in my opinion. Taking villains that are often ignored or unheard of and making them a huge threat is really exciting and makes for a great story.

I'd also like to see another great story line, full of twists and turns.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Wyrewho » Aug 8th, 2015, 11:46 pm

- Batmobile used more sparingly
- Two Face as main villain
- Joker as a secondary villain
- A punchy, character driven story similar to AO
- An inclusion of Dick's Robin and possibly Batgirl
- An emphasis on the mob

This is all I need.
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby J-Man » Aug 9th, 2015, 1:35 am

- More Dual Play w/new characters and combinations
- Less Batmobile tank stuff, more Batmobile Batmobile stuff
- Free roam for all playable characters
- Not a ton of boss battles, but when there are some, they're really cool
- Fewer Riddler collectibles and a worthwhile conclusion like in City/Knight
- Real challenge maps with choosable characters and Dual Play combos
- Steady worthwhile DLC releases so the game stays with me for a long while
- More interesting Collector's Edition

Not much. :batman2:
"I always did consider life the killing joke! Ha!"
J-Man

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby JordanT4021 » Aug 9th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Am I the only one who liked the Batmobile moments??
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby CrazyQuilt » Aug 9th, 2015, 5:11 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:Am I the only one who liked the Batmobile moments??

No, I'm sure everyone enjoyed them at first but the game kinda over did it. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it was to complete all of the batmobile related AR challenges.

As far as my wants for the next Arkham game:
-Bring back atmospheric claustrophobic interiors
-No more abandoned Gotham unless the story has solid reason for it and I mean SOLID
-Leave Joker out of it
-One on one boss fights similar to Deathstroke but go bigger
-Improve combat experts by maybe combining them with the martial artists?
-New gadgets, no more rehashes of old gadgets

I could go on... But I'll leave it at that for now
CrazyQuilt

Favourite Villain: Two-face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Muramasa » Aug 9th, 2015, 8:39 pm

-Definitely keep it pre-Asylum
-Batmobile limited to travel and pursuits
-Robin (Dick Grayson) sidequest in hunting down Tony Zucco
-Harvey Dent having a prominent role
-Have the game take place in a span of several days and not limited to just one night
-The Batsuit being a mix of the Origins and Asylum suit
-Bring back Casefiles
-Barbara Gordon becoming Batgirl but without Detective Mode or being able to glide
Muramasa

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham City Endgame

Postby Papa Lazarou » Aug 10th, 2015, 2:30 pm

- A Full Return to Arkham Asylum. Still can't believe we've not properly been back there in 3 sequels. A section their, maybe introducing Dr Crane would be great
- Seeing Dick or Barbara become their alter-ego's (I'm guessing both is out of the question because of there timelines don't match up)
- Batmobile only used in pursuit mode
- A Fully Exlorable Gotham including all the areas of the previous games
- Proper Boss Fights (see Origins for inspiration)
- Proper Riddles. The Riddler leaves packages around the City like the one's in Batman Forever, this will take you to a different location where there is another package etc. You then have to put these together to find out his location (not fighting Robots)
- No Joker apart from the odd reference
- See Harvey Dent become Two-Face
- Perhaps see it set over a week instead of one night and maybe some playable time as Bruce Wayne. Maybe start it in Wayne Tower as Bruce during his day job and there's an incident whilst he's there.
Papa Lazarou

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Peel » Aug 10th, 2015, 5:12 pm

All I really wanted was Arkham Knight but for Paul Dini to have written the story. Arkham Knight, graphics wise and gameplay wise, was perfect. Story wise however, it was far from good. I can't help but imagine that if Dini returned, the story would have been as good as City, which imo was a lot better than Knight.

If there is another Arkham game set after Knight, I don't want the story to revolve around trying to make a cure for something. I'm sick of the 'Oh all these people are ill and you have to try to make an antidote to save yourself' routine for the past three Arkham games not including Origins.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby raven1048 » Aug 10th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Proper crime scenes like Assassin Creed Unity did them. Origins was great at this just wasn't really enough of them. Have a look at some of the criticism video's of victim recognition.

Make the side missions tie into the story properly and not be so optional nor feel a cheap kick at the end to see a 2 min video.

If you're going to have a trophy e.g. 20 takedowns without using batmobile - have a count screen within the game so you can see where you're up to.

Merge Arkham Origins Dark Knight Challenges with Arkham City's method of reward. That is so parts can be done anywhere not just specific locations or certain times with the game.

Boss fights - just make them not simply rehashes of old engines. Copperhead vs Ra's Al Ghul.

Character control screens. Its one thing to have playable characters. Is it really so hard to give us a proper screen saying what their weapons are.

PROPER visible targeting icons - Batgirl batarang one disappears against the fish and erratic with villains. The idiot who thought Pale Grey on White was a good idea should be fired for the map in Arkham Knight.

The multiple batcaves that Batman has within Gotham City post Knightfall saga.

Proper DLC - Cold Cold Heart is the minimum length for a dlc not the maximum.

Use all the bat vehicles. There's plenty of inspiration of how to employ them and make it work.

Make fast travel actually be fast travel. Many times it is quicker to use the glide than the batwing or the batmobile.

Keep the batmobile instant summons.

Check the gadgets and moves work properly before letting the game out into production. E.g. Batclaw near a flight of stairs in AK! Line launcher perch in AK. Redirected aerial attack in every game!
raven1048
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Catwoman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby ArkhamRoyale » Aug 11th, 2015, 2:36 am

To not have to find Riddler trophies.
Seriously, it's time for a new gameplay element. :bane2:

I know they're, pretty much, the same thing... but the Datapacks
in Arkham Origins felt a lot less tedious. Also, I like how they revealed
character stories/background.
ArkhamRoyale

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham Asylum: SHOSE

Postby raven1048 » Aug 13th, 2015, 1:06 am

ArkhamRoyale wrote:To not have to find Riddler trophies.
Seriously, it's time for a new gameplay element. :bane2:

I know they're, pretty much, the same thing... but the Datapacks
in Arkham Origins felt a lot less tedious. Also, I like how they revealed
character stories/background.

Agree they felt more riddler and realistic than the silly trophies. It gave riddler a purpose in the game and something for Batman to fight against. The breakables served a purpose as well in Origins.
raven1048
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Catwoman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby legion » Jan 11th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Characters I want to see properly introduced in future Arkham Games:
Carmine Falcone
Rupert Throne
Maxie Zeus
Lock Up
Great White Shark
Killer Moth
Prometheus (maybe)
Ventrilquist
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby DatBat » Jan 12th, 2016, 2:42 am

A Batman Beyond-esque setting.

Player Character:
Terry McGinnis/Arkham Equivalent
Spoilered for length
Spoiler: show
Notes:
One of the big things about Beyond is the Joker gang, and I have come up with a perfect (in my opinion) way to do it. Sure, they could travel the beaten path of them just being an army of street thugs Batman takes on by himself and have them stand around for no real reason. Or, they could do something like the Rook gang system in AC: Syndicate where you build up forces of allies (for the Batman setting we could have a 'We Are Robin' type gang) and upgrade them to fight the gangs as well. They could also incorporate something akin to the Nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor with more high profile gang members.

Joker is D E A D. He died in the Monarch Theatre. His weird virus-self died in Batman's mind-asylum or whatever. The OG Joker is gone for good. The Joker gang could have a leader much like the Joker himself, but he/she would not be THE Joker. Harley, from what we know, is still alive. She could become a potential ally later on because she feels the Joker gang is a disgrace.

Tim and Barbara (eww def not OTP) have settled down and are raising their child(ren) in peace. Nightwing is in Bludhaven doing his thing. Azrael is doing whatever IDK. Red Hood is still around in Gotham. Somewhere between Knight and this game he stopped using guns and killing. He's much older now, of course, and is a lot like Batman in his later years. You can Dual Play with him and also Dual Play with Carrie Kelley as Robin (I'm combining elements), and of course free roam as them.

Bruce is dead, along with Alfred, and the mystery of the killer haunts Gotham decades later. The Bat-Family spent years chasing the answer but eventually lost hope.

Harvey Dent has gotten re-constructive surgery and is now in therapy. He was deemed okay to release, and has not been seen since.

Ra's Al Ghul has risen again. He killed Nyssa out of revenge for her trying to end him. He spent years in the Lazarus, and is young again. He has been elected mayor of Gotham under a new name.

Tommy Elliott escaped prison a few years after the events of Knight and hasn't been seen in a long long time.

Scarface has received a new owner.

Poison Ivy had turned over a new leaf (pun very much intended). She saved Gotham. She died for it. Only, she didn't die. She's been trapped as a life force inside the plant life of Gotham, and she grew resentful as Gotham eviscerated the plant life and built industrial towers of inorganic material on top of her.

And some other stuff but I want to move on

Story:
Protocol Eleven has been fully commenced. The details of Protocol Eleven are
1.) A robotic Batman will be deployed. (the suit Riddler saw in one of the AC stories)
2.) Control of this robot was handed over to the Al Ghul family
3.) Tommy Elliot was to place explosives in Wayne Manor at a time when the city was distracted (the events of Knight)

The plan was executed.
The robotic Batman is the Batman seen at the end of the Knightfall Protocal. It emanates a modified fear toxin (hence the fear toxin in Hush's place in City) to make the victims see a nightmarish Batman.
Ra's quickly rose to power after the events of SOI (either ending) and killed Nyssa. He put her in the pit, only to use her as a power source for himself. He pumped her full of Lazarus and hooked an IV between them. He recieved medical care on his grievous wounds. With the constant bloodflow of Lazarus, the wounds healed quickly. After this, he killed Nyssa and spent several years inside the pit while Tommy Elliot controlled the robot. After he was fully restored to a very young state (around mid twenties), he got himself elected mayor, with the endorsement of Bruce Wayne (actually Elliott). The new Batman decides to investigate.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Manbat

Postby Xranf » Jan 12th, 2016, 9:59 am

Not rocksteady (all wbm) and not paul cocker (which wrote the "story" of arkham knight).
Xranf

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE