Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby RedKnight » Aug 15th, 2015, 12:38 am

After over a year of anticipation and wait, Arkham Knight is out, and a lot of people are saying that the game is bad. Now while not neceserally the worst thing ever, it has been disappointing to some people, including myself. So I decided to make a list of things I personally disliked about this game. Be aware that this is reaching for minor pet peeves and not everyone will feel the same way. Also be aware that even though I'm talking about the bad things I still enjoyed the game.

11. Tim x Barbara
This has to be the one I hate the most. For starters this is the first time we've ever seen this. Ever. While there may be a fanfic somewhere out there, I simply hate this relationship. The only relationship Tim and Barb have had is this little brother older sister relationship, and it seems odd to me that there's an easter egg out there about Cluemaster, which means Steph Brown also exists, and Tim isn't with her. You can obviously tell that most of my frustration is coming from me personally shipping Tim x Steph, and seeing this just confuses me. But other reasons this sucks, Dick x Barb isn't real. And the only reason Tim and Barb are a thing is for plot purposes. You can be sure Dick would go after Scarecrow during the game's events, but nooo we need to have him for the side mission and not use a fan favorite character in the main story. Just it feels this relationship was made solely for the plot. And things shouldn't be like that. I know that this is being nit picky but yeah, not a fan of this.

10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?


09. Jim Gordon Betrays Batman
Another thing done for the sake of the plot. Totally out of character, he never would do that in the comics, I don't care if he "knew what he was doing," when he shot batman. Shouldn't have happened because he wouldn't do that unless, you know, the plot says to do that.

08. Underusing Batman's allies
Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, all of these great characters who could be helping out are underused, because, we wanted to focus more on the Batmobile than these guys. Look the thing that really bother me about this one is that we could already use Catwoman as a free roam character in city. This was a nice addition to the story and it was fun and refreshing to play as someone else. Oddly enough it's sacrificed in this game. Now when you sacrifice something that has already been in your games, you better have a good reason, or a great new addition. The Batmobile failed to do that, and became the most annoying part of the game. More on that later.

07. Gotham City
Is it hard for all of Gotham to be exportable? Especially since we see the rest of it in the distance? And when I say all of Gotham that includes The Batcave, which was also not here. The little portion of Gotham was decent, but it doesn't feel like a city, just a portion. Not only that but also, there's no one in the city. No civilians who were accidentally left behind that we need to save. Not only that but Founder's Island is the worst part of it. It's lazy this half-assed part of the city with like 0 detail. Other parts like Bleak and Miagani were nice, but it just feels like there wasn't enough Gotham.

06.Knightfall Ending
Now I like the idea, but it doesn't feel right here. Why? Because it's been established that Bruce Wayne was the key to helping Gotham City. You can see Bruce Wayne was redeveloping parts of Gotham, including Arkham City. So if Bruce Wayne dies, so does the redevelopment stuff or any other ideas Wayne had. Another thing is that the police force still needs a Batman. Why? They're not corrupt anymore, in fact they were getting better. And you could see Wayne logos all over GCPD, so killing himself off for Batman is almost useless. And why do the criminals need to be scared of him, it's not like them not being afraid will stop Batman from braking they're bones. It just feels stupid.

05. All of Batman's allies are incompetent
This is another one of those "for the sake of the plot things" But it's a damn good one. Look having one or two of Batman's allies be taken down by a villain makes sense. But it's not one or two or three, it's every ally. The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people. Not only that he gets his ass handed to him by Harley Quinn. Oracle who would probably have counter measures in her HQ in case anyone invaded the clock tower, is taken down by militia, when in reality she would've locked herself in the clock tower, or have some security system in place. Freaking Gordon gets kidnapped yet another time making it the 3rd time we've seen him kidnapped, not counting the fact that he gets kidnapped twice in Arkham Asylum. At least every ally gets kidnapped or taken down in a way that doesn't make sense, all because of the f%$#ing plot.

04.City Buildup leads leads to underwhelming side mission
This only talking about two side missions. First off Azreal's side mission. This was a thing built up since Arkham city, and you have all this anticipation and it's an underwhelming, repetitive side mission. Then we have the hush side mission. You have all this buildup in City. Thomas Elliot stole people's faces to look like Bruce Wayne and then boom! He shows up a year later to get past security only to not be able to get past security, and then takes luscious hostage. But if that wasn't exciting enough his master plan is foiled by timing when you press the counter button. Was that the plan all along? No. You can tell that these were plots that were sacrificed for the mysterious Arkham Knight which isn't as interesting as the other stuff. Which brings me to our next point

03. The Arkham Knight
I really want to know who came up with the idea of Arkham Knight. You can tell a lot was sacrificed for this character. Plot ideas from city were dropped for the sake of this character. Tank segments were added for this character. And in the end it's just a retelling of the red hood story we've already seen. And in the end it wasn't good. The reveal wasn't a big shock to any loyal bat-fan. And you can tell a lot of plot was sacrificed for this. Instead of Arkham knight it could've been Hush trying to take down Batman. Instead of being tested by Batman, Azreal could've been helping batman with the situation deceiving batman to trust him until he can strike him down for the order, or something, I dunno. You can bet Rocksteady had an idea like that and it was tossed aside fo this Arkham Knight character.

02. The Batmobile
Oh Jesus where do I start with this? Look I'm not gonna beat a dead horse because lets face it everyone has already talked about this. The battle mode makes no sense, why does batman have it even though he's against guns. The tank segments are annoying, and can we just talk about how there was a segment where the batmobile has to hang from the roof and lower itself through multiple ventilation things till you get to the bottom of the hole and then... look forget it. The batmobile sucks and if they make an origins sequel it better only be used as a means of transportation.

01. Challenge Maps are gone
When it came to picking a number one it took me a bit to decide what I wanted to be at the top of the list for people to agree with me and be like, "yeah totally, everything before top 5 was dumb but number one made so much sense that I can't disagree and write rant underneath." I was about to put the batmobile, but the worst thing about this game is that the challenge maps are gone. Like what the hell rocksteady? This has been in every game, and it's now going to be DLC only, and we're probably going to pay for it. This is just an absurd cash grab, and takes away something I've always loved. If I don't feel like playing as Batman, cool I can play as Robin, or nightwing, or Catwoman. Now I have to pay for it? Even for Batman, you could just screw around with maps and do things differently that you couldn't do in game. Everyone agrees that this sucks and it sucks that to have access to it we need to pay for it. Maybe rocksteady will give it to us for free due to complaints, but most likely not, seeing as we are getting multiple packs instead of just the one.

And alright that's all I've got, do you agree or do you think Arkham knight is the best game ever. And what did you think was awful that I missed, you can comment below. Ok Bye.
RedKnight
Tyger2
Tyger2
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 8th, 2015, 1:09 am
Favourite Villain: riddler

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Jack out of Box » Aug 15th, 2015, 3:25 am

I have to agree with the knightfall ending. I don't think things would get better after faking his own death. Criminals would get rich from lawsuits, everything Wayne enterprises did would go down the drain. Corrupt businessmen would take advantage. the police would be called into question for their co-operation.

Throughout Arkham Knight it just seems like batman is giving up by pushing his allies away and turning himself into scarecrow so easily. He literally just gave up.
In the room where scarecrow asks him to put his belt on the table you can't honeslty tell me that he couldn't come back with some hidden tools? no one is there to check him and if there are cameras then he could leave like the game lets you and just come back. have nightwing follow the truck etc.

How did scarecrow get batman in a gurney at the asylum with no help around and only a pistol? batman has faced worse.
User avatar
Jack out of Box
.........
.........
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Apr 30th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Muramasa » Aug 15th, 2015, 6:04 am

Agreed for the most part. Barbara definitely should have had countermeasures in the clock tower. Not to mention there were times she has forgotten she was Batgirl. Answering the door and then tries to run away from the Joker. Didn't she just kick his ass recently? Thinking her dad killed Batman. Batman's armor stops bullets and he also has a grappling hook and can glide. Something she used to do.

Jim should know better that Scarecrow would never keep his word. Also, shouldn't Batman have at least tried to recover Jason's body and lay him to rest. Would have been nice to see a recreation of the iconic Death in the Family panel of a distraught Batman carrying Jason's lifeless and battered body.
User avatar
Muramasa
...
...
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mar 21st, 2014, 12:19 am
Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham City Endgame

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby ArthurWynne » Aug 15th, 2015, 6:09 am

RedKnight wrote:11. Tim x Barbara

10. Tim Drake's character design

09. Jim Gordon Betrays Batman

07. Gotham City

04.City Buildup leads leads to underwhelming side mission


I agree with #11. I don't want the Batgirl DLC for this reason. I can see Tim having a thing for Barbara, but I can't see Barbara having a thing for Tim. He really should be more of a little brother figure to her.

I disagree with #10 that Tim looks like Jason. Tim had a shaved head in Arkham City too, he just wore the hood then. Not sure why Tim Drake Robin would lack the hood in AK. It's like he suddenly doesn't care about concealing his identity.

As for Gordon betraying Batman - well, I think it's a bit harsh to judge Gordon for looking out for his daughter and being upset that Batman kept Barabara's crimefighting life a secret from him. In the Batman Animated Series episode "Over the Edge" we get some insight on Barbara's feelings and her fear that Gordon would go after Batman were something to happen to her during a mission.

As for Gotham City - I think it's too much to ask for a map that big, and I don't see how bigger map=better game. I'm glad AK didn't get too crazy with that and I'm not too bothered about the Batcave. We got Oracle's apartment and Wayne Tower this time around as substitutions. To say the game is wrong for not giving us all of Gotham City is unfair criticism.

I agree half-way about AC side missions. I didn't find Azrael & Hush's missions to be all that great in AC. Everyone assumed incorrectly that AC was building up towards some epic chapter in AK about those characters. I think they were really red herrings... RS meant to mislead us on their importance. Both could have worked for the role of the Arkham Knight after all. Still, there's nothing really out-of-character about them in AK... their side missions are just too simple. Hush's plan was to steal Wayne's money but Batman shows up on time and shocks Thomas with his identity, and there was nothing Thomas could do but take Lucius hostage. Azrael is training to replace Batman, but didn't know The Order implanted a microprocessor in the frontal lobe of his brain, so he gets disqualified. I absolutely agree RS should have done something more with those 2 missions since they are great characters from the comics - but I can't really say they did much less than they previously did (scanning bodies and symbols).
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Benji » Aug 15th, 2015, 7:51 am

I agree with all except 9 & 10.
Image


Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
User avatar
Benji
..............
..............
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:44 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Mr. Serpent » Aug 15th, 2015, 10:15 am

10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?

Because in comics Tim Drake is awful character who nobody likes. As all Robins before him. In Rocksteady games, for the first time in history, Robin looks like a hero, like a man, not as a joke.

The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people.

Why not? Penguin is a fearsome supervillain and good fighter with knowing of martial arts. Why Nightwing couldn't loose to him? Heroes doesn't have to win every time.
User avatar
Mr. Serpent
........
........
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Oct 14th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Favourite Villain: Gotta catch 'em all
Favourite Graphic Novel: AA: ASHOTSE

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Red leader » Aug 15th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Mr. Serpent wrote:
10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?

Because in comics Tim Drake is awful character who nobody likes. As all Robins before him. In Rocksteady games, for the first time in history, Robin looks like a hero, like a man, not as a joke.

The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people.

Why not? Penguin is a fearsome supervillain and good fighter with knowing of martial arts. Why Nightwing couldn't loose to him? Heroes doesn't have to win every time.

Where the hell did you get the idea that no one likes Tim. He has a massive fan following as do the other robins. Just cause you dont like a character does not mean that everyone else hates them also.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
User avatar
Red leader
...........
...........
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Oct 20th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Location: Arkham asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Mani-Man » Aug 15th, 2015, 1:10 pm

hmmm.

11. I dont really see the reason why so many people have a problem with it...its not like we get it shoved down our throats every 5 minutes.

It is uneccessary because it plays no role in the plot at any point.
You dont need to stop Tim from going crazy, you dont build a strong enough friendship with barbara in the game to really be interested in it etc.
The Reaction to barbaras "death" that tim has, would be the same if they would have a Brother/sister relationship.
I dont get why it bothers people so much in this arkham verse, but i do find it a thing that was not needed in any way and doesnt do anything emotionaly or plot wise...i simply dont care about that at all.

10. I personally like the design of tim.
This Urban fighter/MMA look is interesting...even though he doesnt fights like that(which would have been cool)
Jason, Dick, Tim often look very similar to each other, so i liked that they did something else with Tim here.

09. Of course it was a plot driven thing...what else should it have been?
The plot for Gordon was that he only had barbara left and was so scared etc.
So he did what a FATHER would do...he was desperate.
You cant say he wouldnt do that in the comics, because there was never such a situation before.
He knew where to shot batman, so its not a big deal.
That was imo one of the better plot "twists" the game did...the whole part on that "rooftop" was fantastic.

08. True

07. ehm, do you know how long it takes and how much data, textures, models need to be done to create a place like arkham city or just the islands?
Do you know how huge whole gotham city is?
There is no way we will ever be able to explore whole gotham.
The Three islands in Knight were fantasticly designed and built.
The Plot explained why there are no people in the city, only criminals...so its not a big deal.
Yeah, saving civilians would be nice...but its still a lot of fun going from one island to the next imo.

06. "Killing" bruce wayne really annoyed me, but if the Arkham verse has more of the playboy bruce wayne and not the one who re-builds the city, helps the people etc...then im okay with it...but the ending was not the best they could have come up with.

05. Yeah, pretty much.

04. Yup.

03. Yes.

02. I get the idea of the batmobile, the design and why it works like it does.
Gotham is a battlefield at this point, so batman needed a Battletank...its a bit too convinient for my taste...but okay.
The Batmobile problems have been discussed 10000 times so yeah.

01. Yeah, not good...either this mess is due to Warner having their hands on many things involving the game...or it was rocksteady who decided this stuff with the Challenge maps etc.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby JordanT4021 » Aug 15th, 2015, 1:40 pm

I've said this numerous times on the forums and on youtube threads but I really do think the downfall of this game was caused by marketing. There were numerous mistruths and blatant lies told by the Marketing department.

We were told time and time again the Arkham Knight was an original character made by Rocksteady with the help of DC. Now, I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy watching
Spoiler: show
the Red Hood
being unmasked and Batman being in complete shock, but it was predictable and it was NOT an original character.

They also said during interviews that the Villains teamed up. They even showed shots of a Villain meeting in a trailer to add on to this misconception. In no way did the villains team up what so ever. Two-Face, Penguin and Harley Quinn went off to do there own thing even though the first trailer we saw showed them getting ready to take down Batman together. It can also be said for the Batfamily. They were barely featured in the main story at all and played no real part in the plot.

Also, when a lot of fans started questioning the overuse of the Batmobile in the gameplay trailers, Rocksteady reassured us that we were only seeing the first 10-20 minutes of the game and that there was a fair balance of Batmobile and combat.

What's worst of all though is that there has not been a single recognition of fan complaints. They've turned a blind eye and instead threw crappy DLC's at us to get us to stop complaining. The latest Arkham Insider confirms this as they didn't feature a Q&A. I don't think there was even a formal apology for the PC users who won't be able to play their game until September which is outrageous.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Mr. Serpent » Aug 15th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Red leader wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:
10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?

Because in comics Tim Drake is awful character who nobody likes. As all Robins before him. In Rocksteady games, for the first time in history, Robin looks like a hero, like a man, not as a joke.

The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people.

Why not? Penguin is a fearsome supervillain and good fighter with knowing of martial arts. Why Nightwing couldn't loose to him? Heroes doesn't have to win every time.

Where the hell did you get the idea that no one likes Tim. He has a massive fan following as do the other robins. Just cause you dont like a character does not mean that everyone else hates them also.

Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.
Tell me, what good books was written about Tim Drake, that could be considered high literature? Batman have books like these. Tim Drake? No.
User avatar
Mr. Serpent
........
........
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Oct 14th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Favourite Villain: Gotta catch 'em all
Favourite Graphic Novel: AA: ASHOTSE

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Benji » Aug 15th, 2015, 2:24 pm

of course they're good characters that's why they have fans lmfao
Image


Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
User avatar
Benji
..............
..............
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:44 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby JordanT4021 » Aug 15th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Mr. Serpent wrote:Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.

Ummm, you just listed some of DC's best heroes? I don't know if that was intentional or not.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Harvey Bullock » Aug 15th, 2015, 3:40 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.

Ummm, you just listed some of DC's best heroes? I don't know if that was intentional or not.

He's trolling everyone. :oldyella:
Image
User avatar
Harvey Bullock
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5030
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011, 9:03 am
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Red leader » Aug 15th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Mr. Serpent wrote:
Red leader wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:
10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?

Because in comics Tim Drake is awful character who nobody likes. As all Robins before him. In Rocksteady games, for the first time in history, Robin looks like a hero, like a man, not as a joke.

The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people.

Why not? Penguin is a fearsome supervillain and good fighter with knowing of martial arts. Why Nightwing couldn't loose to him? Heroes doesn't have to win every time.

Where the hell did you get the idea that no one likes Tim. He has a massive fan following as do the other robins. Just cause you dont like a character does not mean that everyone else hates them also.

Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.
Tell me, what good books was written about Tim Drake, that could be considered high literature? Batman have books like these. Tim Drake? No.

Lonely place of dying is about Tim and its great. Also Dixon had a 100 issue run on robin that was a critical success and is incredibly ahead of its time. Oh and you think Tim has unwarranted fans yet you like penguin. :riddler:
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
User avatar
Red leader
...........
...........
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Oct 20th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Location: Arkham asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Mr. Serpent » Aug 15th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.

Ummm, you just listed some of DC's best heroes? I don't know if that was intentional or not.

He's trolling everyone. :oldyella:

Oh, you again. Smart-ass kid, who constantly trying to prove me that Origins does now suck, whenever I write about it. Now you accusing me in trolling just because I have diffrent opininon? Is this some kind of self-affirmation? You see, I am critic. In my country I'm writing comics reviews for it's biggest comics news site. My tastes need to be harsh and strict. You don't need to like me or my views, but don't comment on me every time you read me. No offence.

Red leader wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:
Red leader wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:
10. Tim Drake's character design
The reason I'm putting this one here is because it's so similar to Jason Todd's character design. This more of a Omg rocksteady was really lazy and reused a character model, than an I hate the design. Even though I do hate the design. Seriously why the heck did they shave his head?

Because in comics Tim Drake is awful character who nobody likes. As all Robins before him. In Rocksteady games, for the first time in history, Robin looks like a hero, like a man, not as a joke.

The most infuriating one being nightwing, a 6ft tall adult is able to be held at gunpoint by the penguin, a 4ft 7in person. Freaking Nightline, a person trained by batman was taken down by Penguin of all people.

Why not? Penguin is a fearsome supervillain and good fighter with knowing of martial arts. Why Nightwing couldn't loose to him? Heroes doesn't have to win every time.

Where the hell did you get the idea that no one likes Tim. He has a massive fan following as do the other robins. Just cause you dont like a character does not mean that everyone else hates them also.

Easy, easy. I case you don't know, all, even the worstest characters have fanbase. Even Green Arrow has fans, you know? Or Teen Titans. Or Cyborg. Or Supergirl. Or Batgirl. But that doesn't make them any brighter as characters.
Tell me, what good books was written about Tim Drake, that could be considered high literature? Batman have books like these. Tim Drake? No.

Lonely place of dying is about Tim and its great. Also Dixon had a 100 issue run on robin that was a critical success and is incredibly ahead of its time. Oh and you think Tim has unwarranted fans yet you like penguin. :riddler:

Lonely Place of Dying is completely archaic by now, which is sad.
Yes, I like Penguin, but I like Arkhamverse Tim Drake too.
User avatar
Mr. Serpent
........
........
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Oct 14th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Favourite Villain: Gotta catch 'em all
Favourite Graphic Novel: AA: ASHOTSE

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron