Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby pukipuki » Oct 7th, 2015, 7:58 pm

Top 11 thing wrong (in my book)

1.Unmanned tanks: The arkham knight just wants batman dead. Then why have unmanned tanks even though he clearly knows his one rule. The tactical "genius" didn't use the bats greatest weakness against him.

2.Lack of characters: I'm gonna list the names; batman, gordon, oracle, joker, scarecrow, arkham knight, Ivy, henry adams, alfred (none other matter in the main story)

3. The joker confusion: I still don't get what it was. Was it the fact that bats had his blood inside him or was it a hallucination caused by scare gas. I know someone can correct me, but the game is supposed go do that by itself.

4. Alfred: The guy almost didn't even flinch hearing about Oracles death. He just says "oh well, cant save everyone can you? go save gotham".

5. Catwoman: Or the lack of her. She was such an important character in city, reduced to being a housecat.

6.Harley quinn: Why was she even here?

7.Boss fights: Nothing but tank fights. Was feeling like playing world of tanks.

8.The arkham knights army: Still couldn't figure out how he managed to build an army having no resources at all. People can say its cleared up on the comics, but a game shouldn't have comics to make us understand the main plot related storytelling.

9. The reveal: Was so obvious. And "ORIGINAL CHARACTER" my bottom. The hood was the first guess everyone had looking at the design. They might just have called it "under the red hood"

10.The forced love interest: We did not see them together in a room and I'm supposed to believe they're in love? Bull excrement.

11.Scarecrow wins?: So..... Batman is destroyed. Mission accomplished? I know he seems to be back even scarier but in reality, he lost, didn't he? He basically had to kill himself to become something else. So scarecrow was successful? I hate the endings where the hero loses. Makes my whole adventure pointless.

I did enjoy the game but it was the worst of the series for me........ Shame it ended this way.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 7th, 2015, 8:57 pm

pukipuki wrote:Top 11 thing wrong (in my book)

1.Unmanned tanks: The arkham knight just wants batman dead. Then why have unmanned tanks even though he clearly knows his one rule. The tactical "genius" didn't use the bats greatest weakness against him.

2.Lack of characters: I'm gonna list the names; batman, gordon, oracle, joker, scarecrow, arkham knight, Ivy, henry adams, alfred (none other matter in the main story)

3. The joker confusion: I still don't get what it was. Was it the fact that bats had his blood inside him or was it a hallucination caused by scare gas. I know someone can correct me, but the game is supposed go do that by itself.

4. Alfred: The guy almost didn't even flinch hearing about Oracles death. He just says "oh well, cant save everyone can you? go save gotham".

5. Catwoman: Or the lack of her. She was such an important character in city, reduced to being a housecat.

7.Boss fights: Nothing but tank fights. Was feeling like playing world of tanks.

8.The arkham knights army: Still couldn't figure out how he managed to build an army having no resources at all. People can say its cleared up on the comics, but a game shouldn't have comics to make us understand the main plot related storytelling.

9. The reveal: Was so obvious. And "ORIGINAL CHARACTER" my bottom. The hood was the first guess everyone had looking at the design. They might just have called it "under the red hood"

10.The forced love interest: We did not see them together in a room and I'm supposed to believe they're in love? Bull excrement.

11.Scarecrow wins?: So..... Batman is destroyed. Mission accomplished? I know he seems to be back even scarier but in reality, he lost, didn't he? He basically had to kill himself to become something else. So scarecrow was successful? I hate the endings where the hero loses. Makes my whole adventure pointless.

I did enjoy the game but it was the worst of the series for me........ Shame it ended this way.

This is very accurate.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Xranf » Oct 8th, 2015, 12:04 am

1. You are right

2. Again you're right, the main story in city is miles away better than this one. Besides, obviously it has been cut no matter what sefton says.

3. About joker, i think the story is pretty clear. Joker was alive, because in his blood was his consciousness (thing that explain you at the end, even in the official novel) and he was looking for his alpha (he was deciding about henry or bats, again in the novel it is better explained). About he confusion for the hallucination stuff when he appears he is/isnt an hallucination, his blood (the sickness) was joker himself but the image batman see is the mix of the blood (consciousness) and the toxin just give body to that consciousness. Even joker tells you he is not an hallucination.
Sefton just made a return of the joker but arkhamized.

* to get that event about joker telling that you just have to go to panessa studios after the first time oracle is taken (after beating ace chemicals and the struggle you have with gordon because of her).

4. I dont know how to tell it in English but the whole story feels so forced, so fake. I even can feel sorry or any feeling for anyone in that story.

5. Again you are right, and again I tell you city is miles away better (batman) game than this arkham knight.

6. When you beat the HQR you thought she would have a great role but the reality? She is just garbage reduced to a tiny screentime in a tiny little part of the story.

7. You came from city (ras, clayface, solomon, mister freeze) and origins (deathstroke, bane, firefly, etc) and you see arkham knight and... Nowadays i cant believe it, but im still thinking (or believing) season of infamy will fix that part.

8. Well... In the tapes you can listen to aekham knight talking about creating an army... And scarecrow giving him the sources (money) to do that.

9. All the game was a lie, sefton just lied. Lying about joker (he just lost his body), arkham knight (a completely brand new character built from the ground up), the challengue maps (they would be bigger and better).

10. Right.

11. Of course, scarecrow won (while joker totally lost, dead and gone). The main aim of him was taking off his mask and show the people he is just an ordinary human with fears to break the symbol. Of course you can say both win and lost at the same time, bats and scarecrow.
Xranf

Postby J-Man » Oct 8th, 2015, 1:50 am

Xranf wrote:

1. You are right

2. Again you're right, the main story in city is miles away better than this one. Besides, obviously it has been cut no matter what sefton says.

3. About joker, i think the story is pretty clear. Joker was alive, because in his blood was his consciousness (thing that explain you at the end, even in the official novel) and he was looking for his alpha (he was deciding about henry or bats, again in the novel it is better explained). About he confusion for the hallucination stuff when he appears he is/isnt an hallucination, his blood (the sickness) was joker himself but the image batman see is the mix of the blood (consciousness) and the toxin just give body to that consciousness. Even joker tells you he is not an hallucination.

* to get that event about joker telling that you just have to go to panessa studios after the first time oracle is taken (after beating ace chemicals and the struggle you have with gordon because of her).

4. I dont know how to tell it in English but the whole story feels so forced, so fake. I even can feel sorry or any feeling for anyone in that story.

5. Again you are right, and again I tell you city is miles away better (batman) game than this arkham knight.

6. When you beat the HQR you thought she would have a great role but the reality? She is just garbage reduced to a tiny screentime in a tiny little part of the story.

7. You came from city (ras, clayface, solomon, mister freeze) and origins (deathstroke, bane, firefly, etc) and you see arkham knight and... Nowadays i cant believe it, but im still thinking (or believing) season of infamy will fix that part.

8. Well... In the tapes you can listen to aekham knight talking about creating an army... And scarecrow giving him the sources (money) to do that.

9. All the game was a lie, sefton just lied. Lying about joker (he just lost his body), arkham knight (a completely brand new character built from the ground up), the challengue maps (they would be bigger and better).

10. Right.

11. Of course, scarecrow won (while joker totally lost, dead and gone). The main aim of him was taking off his mask and show the people he is just an ordinary human with fears to break the symbol. Of course you can say both win and lost at the same time, bats and scarecrow.

To be honest, if we could choose all characters, these would be my favorite challenge maps. I like the objective variety.
"I always did consider life the killing joke! Ha!"
J-Man

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby pukipuki » Oct 8th, 2015, 11:11 am

Xranf wrote:

1. You are right

10. Right.

I do agree with you on the Joker point.... But I don't see how scarecrow can earn BILLIONS of dollars.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Postby Xranf » Oct 8th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Pukipuki I told you about the tapes because i didnt know if you listen to them. But again im agree with you.

My theory is that Ras was going to be so important (if you see, the assassins are in the arkham knight army) but at the last moment he was cut because of the dlcs wave in coming.

Im still thinking ras is not only the guy who put the money but the one who resurrected him or at least trained him...

The only thing that can fix arkham knight is the season of infamy, i hope RS do well in that dlc.

Cheers friend!
Xranf

Postby smilex » Oct 8th, 2015, 4:04 pm

The thugs in the game say that Lex helped fund the army. That was good enough for me.
smilex

Favourite Graphic Novel: \

Postby pukipuki » Oct 10th, 2015, 6:37 am

Xranf wrote:Pukipuki I told you about the tapes because i didnt know if you listen to them. But again im agree with you.

My theory is that Ras was going to be so important (if you see, the assassins are in the arkham knight army) but at the last moment he was cut because of the dlcs wave in coming.

Im still thinking ras is not only the guy who put the money but the one who resurrected him or at least trained him...

The only thing that can fix arkham knight is the season of infamy, i hope RS do well in that dlc.

Cheers friend!

Yeah, I also think they cut a lot of their content. I couldn't believe they would waste the material they set up from arkham city. HQ and Ra's had too much potential. But arkham knight seemed to have deviated from the lore that was created throughout the whole arkham series. Seemed like a whole new story.

And, I cant really be excited for a downloadable content I wont be able to play. I am a PC player. Plus, downloadable contents shouldn't fix story issues. They are not supposed to be better than the game. They are supposed to be small expansions. But apparently "A matter of family" has the best boss fight in the game. I didn't see it (hoping rs will give pc players some compensation for the shitty port) so I cant say, but that's disappointing.

Anyhow, nice to have someone who agrees with my points.

Cheers!
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Previous

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE