Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Arkham Knight a catastrophic mess.

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 6th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Red_Nightwing wrote:Arkham knight is a massive let down, the whole game, I can't even pretend I enjoyed it. It felt to me like it was put together by 30 different people, who were told to just make terrible side missions, then stuck together with cheap glue.

Bat mobile was so boring, all secondary characters have been down graded.

It seems to me a like a massive mess. Like it was so hard to admit the screwed up they had to just push it out the door.

DLC is awful, all characters have been let down. After having two fantastic games this is trash, no replay value.

Challenge map's are non existent and just plain awful, bug filled messes.

I could go on all day, but all I want is rock-unsteady to know how bad Arkham Knight is.

Games in my bin, and its staying in it.

Peace.

P.S - Sorry for the messy unorganized structure of this post, but I wanted to be true to this awful game.

I totally agree with you but there's already numerous threads about this already. Could you stick to one of those. It's best if we just keep hate to one place so that those who like the game and other members on the forums aren't bombarded with AK hate.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Sep 6th, 2015, 5:22 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
Red_Nightwing wrote:Arkham knight is a massive let down, the whole game, I can't even pretend I enjoyed it. It felt to me like it was put together by 30 different people, who were told to just make terrible side missions, then stuck together with cheap glue.

It seems to me a like a massive mess. Like it was so hard to admit the screwed up they had to just push it out the door.

DLC is awful, all characters have been let down. After having two fantastic games this is trash, no replay value.

I could go on all day, but all I want is rock-unsteady to know how bad Arkham Knight is.

Peace.

P.S - Sorry for the messy unorganized structure of this post, but I wanted to be true to this awful game.

I totally agree with you but there's already numerous threads about this already. Could you stick to one of those. It's best if we just keep hate to one place so that those who like the game and other members on the forums aren't bombarded with AK hate.

I disagree. The more the merrier.
Prisoner 4011

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 6th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

Peace.

Yeah, Rockesteady can´t be reminded often enough that they have messed up.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby Red leader » Sep 6th, 2015, 6:03 pm

jifw52 wrote:I thought that Batman's allies would be more mature in this game. Nope, you just have whiners. You have Jim Gordon whining like an irrational idiot towards Batman, while there's Barbara and Tim whining about each other for absolutely no reason (their relationship ended 2-3 years before the game and is completely over, if the events of Arkham City meant anything, so they should just shut up), as they overreact and deny Batman's orders. I mean come on, Batman trained them better than this! They should be more mature!

Yeah plus they miss the point of Tim drake. He is loyal to a fault. He searched the freaking time space countinum to save Bruce before.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 6th, 2015, 8:26 pm

Tbh, I think they had the mindset of "we've co-wrote the past two games with Paul Dini and they've been a huge success. We can do it on our own." Obviously, this is where things have mostly gone wrong. They really needed someone with real writing talents who could execute this out the way the fans wanted it.
JordanT4021

Postby legion » Sep 6th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

Peace.

And I have to disagree with you my friend. More threads complaining about AK is unnecessary when this one suffices all the same as a "Why AK Sucks". RS has to be aware of how much hate they've gotten thus far and more threads is simply beating the already dead horse into further paste.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Red leader » Sep 7th, 2015, 1:23 am

legion wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

Peace.

And I have to disagree with you my friend. More threads complaining about AK is unnecessary when this one suffices all the same as a "Why AK Sucks". RS has to be aware of how much hate they've gotten thus far and more threads is simply beating the already dead horse into further paste.

Fair enough but this is less about letting them no and more about getting this stuff off our chests.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Sep 7th, 2015, 8:55 am

There isn't an official thread about how much RS have screwed up; the official forums are swamped with I WANT FREE SKIN posts, only here we have some sort of order of things. This and like 2-3 others are surrounded with RS (Hate) -- Everything else is Easter Eggs, Mods and the Lounge Chat; oh and constant disappointment of DLC's that are released.

So if you have something to say, either pros or cons, don't be afraid to make a new thread about it!
Prisoner 4011

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 7th, 2015, 11:36 am

I can understand being fed up with people complaining if they were relatively minor issues but honestly this game has so many glaring flaws it's beyond excusable. Complaining or constructive criticism Is a sign of people caring strongly enough about something that they're willing to expose it's faults which Arkham Knight has many. What annoys me more are all the high review scores it received which Rocksteady/WB shove in your face if you watch the latest trailer. Youtube channels were more honest with fans of the series like Greg Miller and Angry Joe saying the game was mostly enjoyable but had major flaws. Of course Rocksteady/WB will just sweep that under the rug and act like it's all okay. Even the IGN review post discussion which IGN gave a 9.2 picked up on the same issues yet still gave it a high score. At least Gamespot wasn't afraid to tell you how it is.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 7th, 2015, 12:23 pm

The same way we can make any sort of thread praising an aspect of a game, book, film, or what have you, we can make threads to criticize or complain about them. There's absolutely nothing wrong about it. You want to complain about Origins? Go ahead. Personally, I have a lot of negative things to say about it, but a lot of great things as well. The same goes for Knight, although I may have more disappointment for it than praise at this point.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Sep 7th, 2015, 2:43 pm

It's not the complaints and expression of disappointments that are annoying but rather the essentially dup!icated topics. We don't need ten topics to cover one complaint from AK just like we don't need ten topics to cover a point of praise.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 7th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:It's not the complaints and expression of disappointments that are annoying but rather the essentially dup!icated topics. We don't need ten topics to cover one complaint from AK just like we don't need ten topics to cover a point of praise.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't mean we shouldn't complain about Arkham Knight, I genuinely did not like this game. I just think we should be mindful of those who enjoyed the game and have a singular topic (this one would suffice) where we can talk through our disappointments.
JordanT4021

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Sep 7th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Someone here is a mole. Rocksteady has turned us against ourselves in a ploy to distract us from their terrible game design decisions. DO NOT BE FOOLED MY BRETHREN! There may come a day when Rocksteady rises from the ashes of Arkham and achieves greatness again, but today is not that day.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 7th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Another problem I have with this game was that there weren't enough powerful females in the game. Where was Shiva or Copperhead or Peyton Riley??? Harley Quinn was shown to be really influential to the main plot in several trailers but had five minutes of screen time (DLC included). Poison Ivy saved a city that she hates, and although you could argue that she was protecting Gotham's wildlife, if she had sided with Scarecrow, none of that would have happened. No matter how many times you try to explain it to me, I'll never understand how a man who leaves cute little collectibles on high up shelves was able to kidnap Catwoman. Oracle was pretty cool with her hacking skills but she vanishes for half of the game. And no, I'm not even going to mention Christina Bell because the 5 Joker's storyline was ridiculous and boring.
JordanT4021

Postby Red leader » Sep 7th, 2015, 9:11 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:Another problem I have with this game was that there weren't enough powerful females in the game. Where was Shiva or Copperhead or Peyton Riley??? Harley Quinn was shown to be really influential to the main plot in several trailers but had five minutes of screen time (DLC included). Poison Ivy saved a city that she hates, and although you could argue that she was protecting Gotham's wildlife, if she had sided with Scarecrow, none of that would have happened. No matter how many times you try to explain it to me, I'll never understand how a man who leaves cute little collectibles on high up shelves was able to kidnap Catwoman. Oracle was pretty cool with her hacking skills but she vanishes for half of the game. And no, I'm not even going to mention Christina Bell because the 5 Joker's storyline was ridiculous and boring.

Granted peyton is dead but good point.
Red leader

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE