Seasons of infamy speculation

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Sep 17th, 2015, 10:41 pm

E.Nigma Show wrote:My expectations:

Seasons of Infamy retail price of $19.99 USD
Each villain "mission" will last roughly 10-15 minutes.


End of Line.


Sold. :quinn:
Image
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby zeke10 » Sep 17th, 2015, 11:33 pm

m sure it'll be good
zeke10
..........
..........
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 6:46 am
Favourite Villain: Bane/Man-bat/Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: No mans land

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby Dick » Sep 18th, 2015, 5:40 pm

I can't wait to be left severely disappointed yet again.
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby XavierSaviour » Sep 19th, 2015, 2:02 am

I mean, why on earth did they think they could charge £33 / $40 for a fucking season pass is beyond me. I'd have problem paying that amount but only if the content justified the price.
XavierSaviour
........
........
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2011, 12:55 pm
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 27th, 2015, 1:38 am

WHITE RABBIT AS A HENCHMAN FOR MAD HATTER.THAT IS ALL!
lol whoops how did that happen... But in all seriousness. Imagine having a chase scene through Gotham, like the chase in AC when Batman is trying to catch the assassin. Except whenever Batman gets close, she disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears further away. And at the end, she taunts Batman and disappears again. Then,when we go back to Wayne enterprises, theres a missed call from Jaina Hudson asking to meet Bruce for dinner sometime soon.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby AbbieXEric » Sep 27th, 2015, 3:31 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:WHITE RABBIT AS A HENCHMAN FOR MAD HATTER.THAT IS ALL!
lol whoops how did that happen... But in all seriousness. Imagine having a chase scene through Gotham, like the chase in AC when Batman is trying to catch the assassin. Except whenever Batman gets close, she disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears further away. And at the end, she taunts Batman and disappears again. Then,when we go back to Wayne enterprises, theres a missed call from Jaina Hudson asking to meet Bruce for dinner sometime soon.

is she the chick that looks like a playboy bunny?
User avatar
AbbieXEric
..........
..........
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sep 26th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Favourite Villain: Black Mask/Firefly
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long halloween

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 27th, 2015, 4:09 pm

AbbieXEric wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:WHITE RABBIT AS A HENCHMAN FOR MAD HATTER.THAT IS ALL!
lol whoops how did that happen... But in all seriousness. Imagine having a chase scene through Gotham, like the chase in AC when Batman is trying to catch the assassin. Except whenever Batman gets close, she disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears further away. And at the end, she taunts Batman and disappears again. Then,when we go back to Wayne enterprises, theres a missed call from Jaina Hudson asking to meet Bruce for dinner sometime soon.

is she the chick that looks like a playboy bunny?

haha yeh :-? I have no idea why but I really like the character. The costume is dreadful and is bad taste but she's definitely got potential as a main stay in Batman's rogues gallery. Especially now Ivy, Harley and Catwoman are all anti-heroes.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby ArthurWynne » Sep 27th, 2015, 6:02 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
AbbieXEric wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:WHITE RABBIT AS A HENCHMAN FOR MAD HATTER.THAT IS ALL!
lol whoops how did that happen... But in all seriousness. Imagine having a chase scene through Gotham, like the chase in AC when Batman is trying to catch the assassin. Except whenever Batman gets close, she disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears further away. And at the end, she taunts Batman and disappears again. Then,when we go back to Wayne enterprises, theres a missed call from Jaina Hudson asking to meet Bruce for dinner sometime soon.

is she the chick that looks like a playboy bunny?

haha yeh :-? I have no idea why but I really like the character. The costume is dreadful and is bad taste but she's definitely got potential as a main stay in Batman's rogues gallery. Especially now Ivy, Harley and Catwoman are all anti-heroes.


Harley is no anti-hero.

Peyton Riley (the new Ventriliquist), and Lady Shiva are likelier to be used than obscure female villains like White Rabbit. I do agree it'd been cool to see more female rogues though (excluding made-up weak ones like Candy and Tracey from A:O).
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 27th, 2015, 6:27 pm

ArthurWynne wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
AbbieXEric wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:WHITE RABBIT AS A HENCHMAN FOR MAD HATTER.THAT IS ALL!
lol whoops how did that happen... But in all seriousness. Imagine having a chase scene through Gotham, like the chase in AC when Batman is trying to catch the assassin. Except whenever Batman gets close, she disappears in a puff of smoke and reappears further away. And at the end, she taunts Batman and disappears again. Then,when we go back to Wayne enterprises, theres a missed call from Jaina Hudson asking to meet Bruce for dinner sometime soon.

is she the chick that looks like a playboy bunny?

haha yeh :-? I have no idea why but I really like the character. The costume is dreadful and is bad taste but she's definitely got potential as a main stay in Batman's rogues gallery. Especially now Ivy, Harley and Catwoman are all anti-heroes.


Harley is no anti-hero.

Peyton Riley (the new Ventriliquist), and Lady Shiva are likelier to be used than obscure female villains like White Rabbit. I do agree it'd been cool to see more female rogues though (excluding made-up weak ones like Candy and Tracey from A:O).

I meant in general. Harley's involvement with the suicide squad and her team up with Power girl means that there aren't many truly evil supervillainesses in media as a whole. I like White Rabbit because in the comics she continues to baffle Batman and almost always gets away which is unusual for any bat villain to do. Granted the comic she appeared in, Batman was irritatingly oblivious to everything around him.
A couple of people have told me that Peyton is dead as well, which is unfortunate and Shiva will probably be overshadowed by Ra's Al Ghul, that's if she even makes an appearance.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Oct 12th, 2015, 10:42 am

AbbieXEric wrote:
J-Man wrote:Wait, what exactly are the Mad Hatter and Prometheus missions? Sorry, I missed out on this.

Spoiler: show
Mad hatter kidnaps cops for reasons i don't know and you save them and prom is something about a cop car rigged to blow


I really hope that isn't all we'll get for Prometheus and Mad Hatter. I mean thee Prometheus one doesn't sound too bad. It could be like the Zsasz mission in AC where you get evidence of which cop car in Gotham has a bomb and you have to race against the clock to get to it, while it's on the other side of the city. And just like those Car Takedown moves you have to land on top of the cop car as it's driving and disarm it there. Maybe everytime you disarm the bomb Prom gets angrier and angrier that they're so alike but Batman chooses to defend cops.

But anyway, the Mad Hatter one seems a bit too boring. Just capturing cops and holding them hostage? I reckon it should have something to do with the AK story about him dressing up guys. It would be interesting. Maybe Jervis instead of trying to hypnotise Batman, just wants to turn Batman into his Alice and do weird sexual things to him.
Image
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
User avatar
thatguywiththebeanie
.........
.........
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2013, 3:11 am
Location: <Insert Joke Here>
Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby Jack out of Box » Oct 12th, 2015, 9:01 pm

I just hope each villain gets a story with varied gameplay and a decent boss battle. Not copy-pasted monotonous side missions consisting of the same repetitive task.
User avatar
Jack out of Box
.........
.........
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Apr 30th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby Dick » Oct 12th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Jack out of Box wrote:I just hope each villain gets a story with varied gameplay and a decent boss battle. Not copy-pasted monotonous side missions consisting of the same repetitive task.

Now that's asking a lot.
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 12th, 2015, 10:31 pm

I was sad to hear Mr Freeze would be involved. I was kind of hoping he would have a happy ending, running off into the sunset with Nora. I hope that they give him a different motive other than chasing after Nora who is taken by everyone and anyone. Perhaps Nora has died, and Fries becomes a truly broken man who blames the Bat for his biggest failure. If RS are able to even come close to the standard of AC's interaction with this character then I'll be happy.

The Mad Hatter is something that bothers me a little. I really don't like the idea of him kidnapping cops but I don't see how this encounter could be any different from those in AC and AO. There was an Arkham City sequel comic where Tetch was able to brainwash Catwoman, Ivy, Vicki Vale and the Carpenter into thinking they were Alice in Wonderland characters, which could be interesting. They could change it to have Batman's sidekicks like Nightwing, Robin and Red Hood being mind controlled.

Killer Croc could be difficult but I can see RS utilising the sewer system under Bleake Island. These sewers were kind of underused during the game and served no real purpose. Plus, they're perfect size for Croc to run rampant in.

I'm probably most excited for Ra's al Ghul's appearance and I'm excited to see the civil war occurring in the League of Assassins since his death in AC. I really hope to see Lady Shiva in here as well as an important figure trying to take Ra's down so she can take his position in the league. As I've said before countless times, this game severely lacks a female presence so this is where things can be fixed as there is a lot of influential females in the League such as Shiva, Nyssa or even Cheshire. Perhaps a return from Talia?? I don't know, I'm probably asking for too much.

I don't expect much from Black Mask. I find him pretty boring. However, they do need to resolve the whole issue from Red Hood's story pack which is pretty intriguing. Was it Roman Sionis or some imposter? Or will we see a new Black Mask like Jeremiah Arkham? I do want to see a powerful Black Mask though, because he's been pretty pathetic in the previous games.

I'm also happy to see Prometheus here as he's not someone we've ever seen before in the Arkhamverse. I'm hoping he can make up for the disappointment Arkham Knight turned out to be. Prometheus is a complete reverse of Batman, so it'll be interesting to see how this conflict will turn out. I really want a direct boss battle here and I'm hoping it'll live up to the boss encounter with Deathstroke (who was also a massive disappointment in AK) in AO.

I'm disappointed we're not getting to see Deadshot, Maxie Zeus, Clayface, Great White Shark or Killer Moth. Its a bit ridiculous that we're expected to read a million sequel comics and several graphic novels to get the full story and find out what happened to these characters but I guess, at the end of the day, its all about the profits (which is a shame because I thought RS weren't like that).
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby DatBat » Oct 13th, 2015, 1:45 am

Hey, maybe the Freeze mission won't be fighting him. Maybe it could be a thing like the mission in AC where you go find Nora, or maybe *crosses frozen batfingers* MR FREEZE DUEL PLAY.
User avatar
DatBat
...........
...........
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mar 4th, 2014, 7:14 pm
Favourite Villain: Clayface

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 13th, 2015, 7:12 am

At the moment Season of Infamy is play out like this.

Set after the events of Knight.
It'll be set at Christmas in the snow.
Batman will be using fear toxin. I had an idea that it could be used to make enemies attack each other.

Mr Freeze dual play
I'm hoping with Black Mask we'll be up against the classic mobsters in suits.
New interiors.
"don't you know I'm loco"
User avatar
HaHaHa
............
............
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron