Seasons of infamy speculation

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Seasons of infamy speculation

Postby Peel » Oct 16th, 2015, 11:52 am

HaHaHa wrote:At the moment Season of Infamy is play out like this.

Set after the events of Knight.
It'll be set at Christmas in the snow.
Batman will be using fear toxin. I had an idea that it could be used to make enemies attack each other.

Mr Freeze dual play
I'm hoping with Black Mask we'll be up against the classic mobsters in suits.
New interiors.

I'm going to guess that if the Roman Sionis version of Black Mask is returning in this DLC, and with the Red Hood DLC being set after the main game, that this dlc pack will be set before the events of Arkham Knight began. I'd love to be proven wrong though and for this DLC to show what happened to Bruce after the Knightfall Protocol.

I just hope Rocksteady actually take their time with the DLC for once and don't make it just ten to fifteen minutes long. They really ought to up their game with DLC packs.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 17th, 2015, 7:58 am

Peel wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:At the moment Season of Infamy is play out like this.

Set after the events of Knight.
It'll be set at Christmas in the snow.
Batman will be using fear toxin. I had an idea that it could be used to make enemies attack each other.

Mr Freeze dual play
I'm hoping with Black Mask we'll be up against the classic mobsters in suits.
New interiors.

I'm going to guess that if the Roman Sionis version of Black Mask is returning in this DLC, and with the Red Hood DLC being set after the main game, that this dlc pack will be set before the events of Arkham Knight began. I'd love to be proven wrong though and for this DLC to show what happened to Bruce after the Knightfall Protocol.

I just hope Rocksteady actually take their time with the DLC for once and don't make it just ten to fifteen minutes long. They really ought to up their game with DLC packs.

Well it doesn't matter now as we're not even getting him. He was the one character I was looking forward to most as Rocksteady have never really included him in any narrative.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby ADarkHunter » Oct 24th, 2015, 4:49 am

For some reason, I feel like the Batmobile is going to come into play in the Croc mission....it's just a sneaking suspicion. I think it's because he's bigger than in the other games and looks more dangerous. I could see RS having Batman use the Batmobile to fight him for those reasons. :/
Remember the Arkham Asylum forums? Good times, right?
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby Peel » Oct 24th, 2015, 12:16 pm

ADarkHunter wrote:For some reason, I feel like the Batmobile is going to come into play in the Croc mission....it's just a sneaking suspicion. I think it's because he's bigger than in the other games and looks more dangerous. I could see RS having Batman use the Batmobile to fight him for those reasons. :/

I really hope they do, we didn't have enough of the Batmobile in the original game.

I'm calling it now though; the Croc mission will be pitiful. It'll either be a trail mission with a cinematic of Batman taking down Croc, it'll be something like in AA or it'll just be Batman chasing/chasing away Croc with the Batmobile. No way will there be a straight-up fight like everyone wants.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby pukipuki » Oct 25th, 2015, 10:01 am

I hope we see Prometheus. My theory is, freeze is now a good guy but Prometheus still tries to kill him because things he has done in the past. Would be nice to see batman fighting for freeze instead of against him. While freeze asks batman why is he helping him after all he has done. Would be cool (pun intended). :freeze:
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Jack out of Box » Nov 25th, 2015, 1:19 am

I sincerely hope that the next story-related DLC offers some closure on just what the hell happened with the knightfall protocol.

as far as post-ending story details go we know that:

GCPD is hopeless at ever keeping gotham safe. seriously, what the hell was the point of locking up gotham's most wanted if they break out like the bars are made of tin?

Robin and Babs don't even seem to care. they get married and barbara keeps telling Tim about how he can be better. If i had to guess they probably blew up bruce as revenge for what happened to both of them

Red Hood is murdering criminals

Nightwing is just going to chill out in bludhaven as usual

All this seems like a big POW you to Batman. it gives the message that what he accomplished was meaningless and in the end he essentially gave up and those around him didn't really care.
This isn't a heroes end.
Jack out of Box

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby DatBat » Nov 25th, 2015, 7:01 am

Jack out of Box wrote:I sincerely hope that the next story-related DLC offers some closure on just what the hell happened with the knightfall protocol.

as far as post-ending story details go we know that:

GCPD is hopeless at ever keeping gotham safe. seriously, what the hell was the point of locking up gotham's most wanted if they break out like the bars are made of tin?

Robin and Babs don't even seem to care. they get married and barbara keeps telling Tim about how he can be better. If i had to guess they probably blew up bruce as revenge for what happened to both of them

Red Hood is murdering criminals

Nightwing is just going to chill out in bludhaven as usual

All this seems like a big POW you to Batman. it gives the message that what he accomplished was meaningless and in the end he essentially gave up and those around him didn't really care.
This isn't a heroes end.

:I

But really this hits the nail on the head. Nobody cares.
"He's dead? 'kay, we'll continue to fight crime sort of and crack jokes about him every now and then."
I swear the Bat-family has some sort of group inbox and one of them said that and everybody agreed. All Batman's sacrifices and hardships were for nothing. He took Dick in when his parents were murdered. He let Barbara and Tim fight crime with him because they wanted to, it was a voluntary effort for Batgirl getting shot, she signed up for a dangerous life. He took Jason out of the slums, and searched for him like crazy when Joker got a hold of him, and let him get away when he was Arkham Knight. He let Selina get away with crimes countless times. After all this, none of them seem to care. At all. Whether it's lazy writing, or some strange, cruel twist ending, it's horrible.
There are almost no chances that SOI will tell us what really happened, as they confirmed on the official forums it's set in the same night as the main story, before Knightfall. His allies, from within their episodes, have shown that they believe that he is dead. In SOI he's dealing with Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and Ra's. I doubt he's going to tell any of them (which would be the only way for us to find out in SOI) something like that when he doesn't tell his closest allies. The only situation I can think of is entirely far-fetched, but it's the only one. In the Ra's mission, Talia is back, and she has little baby Damian (aka Master Matt). Batman knows the only way to keep the mother of his child, and little baby Matthew safe is to make himself go away, and to be with them. He fakes his and Alfred's deaths, and becomes a father for Damian, who can maybe be Batman in a Beyond game because I don't know how they're going to explain Cadmus and Terry McGinnis. It's all still highly unlikely and we'll probably never know. I think open endings are great, but not in the case of Arkham Knight. All the work the player has done as Batman throughout the games, all the things Bruce has gone through, only to end it with a stupid cliche where he maybe dies. So many franchises have used the "maybe die" plot device, I won't name any to avoid spoiling things completely unrelated to Batman. But then again the last Batman movie used it. The last major Batman media (barring Origins, but it's a prequel so you can't use that) used it, and Arkham Knight, the finale of a franchise with excellent storytelling....uses the exact same plot device. At least The Dark Knight Rises gave us a hint that MAYBE he was alive! Unless we believe that nightmare thing was Bruce Wayne, we have every indication that he is dead! An acceptable reason would be he killed himself to keep his loved ones safe, but he wouldn't bring Alfred down with him, so that one's already off of the table. If he didn't blow up Wayne Manor, someone else did? But who? We see Calendar Man and maybe Lex Luthor in the ending. Calendar Man is a character we've seen at least a reference to in every Arkham game (except maybe Blackgate I don't know, I've never played it). They were all in prison. In Asylum, we find his cell. In City, we find his cell. In Origins, we see him about to be executed in prison (if he did something bad enough to be executed, how is he a free man in the AK ending cinematic?). Then he shows up in AK, where you can find a room with a Gotham story about him being angry that Scarecrow stole Halloween from him, and then he shows up physically in the last damn cutscene. We also see someone who may very well be Lex Luthor, someone who we get many confirmations as to his existence in the Arkhamverse, and it's possible as there have been bountiful rumors about a Superman game. But then the Arkham series feels cheap. Like the whole thing was just buildup for one little prologue to a Superman game. It could give a cool plot to a DC Universe game franchise, Lex Luthor trying to eliminate all of the other heroes to make it easier to get to Superman. He sees on the news that Bruce Wayne is Batman, and kills Batman. This is the only one there's any proof of (I say proof lightly). My Damian theory fanfic has no proof. Damian's existence in the Arkhamverse has not been alluded to once. There's the "Night in Metropolis" line in City, but just because Bruce and Talia were in a relationship doesn't mean she became pregnant with his child. Now let's look at every thing proving (lightly) that Lex Luthor and Superman exist.

The aforementioned "Night in Metropolis" line.

The LexCorp building(s?) in Arkham Knight. Also there are buildings for other DC Universe characters, including Queen for Green Arrow and AmerTek for Steel, a character directly linked to Superman. Both Queen and AmerTek logos can be seen in the Arkham Origins reveal trailer, and as the Superman game has been rumored to be developed by WB Games Montreal, it could be showing that they've been planning this. Also there are shops owned by Zatarra and John Constantine, other DC characters.

The Lex Luthor phone calls in Bruce's office in Arkham Knight.

The almost forced amount of thug chatter referencing Superman/Metropolis/Luthor in Arkham Knight.

The travel posters around Gotham, which can be found in the Diner opening scene if you're interested, that show several other cities that are home to other high-profile members of the Justice League, and taglines alluding to their powers. (Fly to Metropolis, Run to Keystone, etc.).

So, unless SOI finds some way to explain things, I think this might be it. Certainly more references to Superman and Lex than there are to Damian, and almost every single one of the Superman/Lex references are in Knight, the only one in City is also the one I used for Damian. Fly around Gotham for a minute, and you will hear a thug reference Superman or Lex Luthor. Could this be to raise some hype for the BvS movie? Ehh, maybe. It's another explanation as to why out of nowhere they're over-acknowledging Superman's existence, but the other, more likely scenario, is that they are doing this to tell us Superman and Lex exist in the Arkhamverse. An explanation as to why they've not been mentioned before now? Why all the thugs seem to be buzzing about Superman, even though there is a miltia occupying the city they live in? Superman has just hit the scene, in between City and Knight. It explains the sudden amount of construction going on Founders' Island, it could be that Lex is trying to establish himself there because Batman is there, and he's trying to eliminate the other heroes one by one so they don't stop him from finally killing Superman. The multiple, insistent calls to Bruce Wayne's office could be that Lex is starting to think Bruce might be Batman, and wants to get rid of him, but then Lex hears that Batman took off his mask and was Bruce Wayne. Obviously a place like Wayne Manor is too big to be hidden, so he'd easily be able to find it, and easily be able to pay some thugs to rig it to explode. Boom, one down, however many heroes they decide to include to go. Obviously from the references we've gotten we know that Flash and Green Arrow exist. Steel too, but Steel's origins are too close to Superman fighting Doomsday for him to already be Steel if Superman's origins were in the year between AC and AK, so if we see Steel at all, he will still be John Henry Irons, a weapons engineer for AmerTek. If you're not aware of his story, a weapon he created was used to kill innocent people. He left AmerTek and went to Metropolis, where he fell off a building and Supes caught him. Later, Irons tried to stop Doomsday with a sledgehammer when Superman was being killed, but it didn't work. He made power armor that looked like Superman after this. Maybe a side mission could be a random encounter where you catch him falling, and he tells you (a deviation from the original source material) about his weapons now being on the street, being used by thugs, and a side mission could be finding the gangs that have them, destroying them, and finding a warehouse where there are all kept and destroy those, as to establish Irons as a character.
All in all, I really want the death of Batman to be for something. My wall of text is done.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Clayface

Postby crush8503 » Nov 25th, 2015, 10:25 pm

I'm with you guys on being disappointed with these story packs. The gameplay is fine but they give us no insight on Knightfall Protocol or what happened to Bruce. They don't even mention Alfred! In Tim Drake's episode he's more bummed about cutting his honeymoon short. It seems Rocksteady is insistent on keeping AK's ending a cliffhanger.
crush8503

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby cloakandcowl » Dec 4th, 2015, 1:37 pm

DatBat wrote:
Jack out of Box wrote:But really this hits the nail on the head. Nobody cares.
"He's dead? 'kay, we'll continue to fight crime sort of and crack jokes about him every now and then."

He's not dead though and everyone int he Bat Family would know this... so you have learned something from the the Bat Family in the DLC content.
The fact they're not mourning his death and just whinging about his absence tells you, he ain't dead.
cloakandcowl

Postby TheJester » Dec 4th, 2015, 1:45 pm

cloakandcowl wrote:
DatBat wrote:

He's not dead though and everyone int he Bat Family would know this... so you have learned something from the the Bat Family in the DLC content.
The fact they're not mourning his death and just whinging about his absence tells you, he ain't dead.

I think that's attributed to bad voice acting and dialogue to be honest :oldyella:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red leader » Dec 4th, 2015, 5:20 pm

cloakandcowl wrote:
DatBat wrote:

Fair enough but it doesn't fix the fact that Bruce learned nothing form the oral of the game and abandoned the Bruce wayne part of himself. i mean he blew up his family's house. Nolan bats would not approve.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Previous

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE