John Noble's Scarecrow Monologues

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

John Noble's Scarecrow Monologues

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Sep 23rd, 2015, 6:49 pm

Hi everyone,

so as many like you, I too have been fascinated with how incredible John Noble was as Scarecrow in AK. Does anyone have file and/or videos of his monologues in Arkham Knight? I really want .mp3 files of his monologues, maybe I'm crazy but whatever... :oldyella:

So here's a video that is somewhat to what I want, and what I want is only the voice:

So, anyone can help me out? Feel free to PM me as well! :)

Thank you in advance!
Prisoner 4011

Re: John Noble's Scarecrow Monologues

Postby Red leader » Sep 24th, 2015, 1:22 am

People liked the monologues? Wow I'm glad at least some people enjoyed it. I for one thought that while Nobel was great that character was so bland here. I just listened to the asylum tapes today and my God did they nail the character. He just kinda rambles nonsense in knight plus he needs a thesaurus cause he only says fear and nothing else. He's like "fear is facinating cause it makes you fear for that with is fearful to those who don't like fear.....fear". Crane is my favorite villain in fiction so have him be the main villain was exiting to bad he was dull.

But back to your question, if you have the time you can use this as an excuse to re play the game with the asylum skin and record his speeches. Hopefully someone will have all his stuff and jokers lines up soon.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 24th, 2015, 12:45 pm

I thought Rocksteadys' interpretation of Scarecrow worked in both games, however I couldn't imagine the Scarecrow from Asylum being in control like he is in Knight. Scarecrows' best dialogue in my opinion is from the nightmare race tracks. I think he says different things if you restart. Overall his presentation there is a lot more monster like whereas he's pretty normal in Knight apart from having a sack for a face.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby smilex » Sep 24th, 2015, 4:14 pm

I loved both representations of Scarecrow. I thought John Noble was fantastic. I got chills when he said something along the lines of "this is terrorism in it's purest form". Also after the cloudburst when he welcomes you to "gotham, the city of fear" and we see the city covered in toxin. Fulfilling his promise from AC (I think "city of fear" was one of the codes used on the sequencer).
smilex

Favourite Graphic Novel: \

Postby Peel » Sep 24th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Never really cared for Hugo Strange 2.0, for the first time ever in an Arkham game, I was actually glad Joker stole the spotlight once more.

John Noble had an incredible intimidating voice, but to me, it just didn't suit the overall character of the Scarecrow. Maybe I just miss my Scary from AA :oldyella:
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Sep 24th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Scarecrow is 2 different persons from AA to AK

Both are awesome

John Noble was flawless

He was the true villain, joker was just an awesome side companion

However he didnt appeared as much as he should
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby Red leader » Sep 25th, 2015, 12:08 am

Peel wrote:Never really cared for Hugo Strange 2.0, for the first time ever in an Arkham game, I was actually glad Joker stole the spotlight once more.

John Noble had an incredible intimidating voice, but to me, it just didn't suit the overall character of the Scarecrow. Maybe I just miss my Scary from AA :oldyella:

Yeah I think he was a good villain but his lines felt so generic. I wasn't hanging onto his every word like in asylum cause here it's just variations of the same thing. Plus I prefer crane to not be badass and larger then life but to rather be a devil figure but not the big horned monster but rather the sly snake you accidentally let into your mind. I feel like the tapes in asylum nail the character better then even 90% of his comic appearances do. Plus he and strange both have the most obvious points. Yeah we get it batman makes the city worse. It doesn't work for crane at all since he thrives for the terror batman causes. They are like partners fighting for a common goal in cranes mind. I hate to agree but yeah joker stealing the show was a good thing.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby kain9998 » Sep 27th, 2015, 12:00 am

I don't know of an mp3 with all of his monologues, but I certainly loved the AK representation of Crane. Personally I found him to be way better than the Asylum version of the character, because this one sounds more frightening than the one in Asylum. Some of his lines in Knight sent chills down my spine. I felt Noble did a most excellent job of bringing my favorite bat-character to life.
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Jig96 » Sep 27th, 2015, 4:12 pm

I also prefer the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow in all aspects - design, voice, characterisation, etc. As Peel touched upon, Arkham Knight's Scarecrow felt more like Hugo Strange to me, which left me wishing it was Strange instead the whole game. Not that Scarecrow shouldn't have been in the game at all, I just think the role he was given is more fitting for Hugo.

That said, I’d love to see John Noble play Hugo in live action! :hugo2:
Jig96

Favourite Villain: The Joker, Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Arkham Lunatic » Nov 12th, 2015, 12:49 pm

The voice wasn't bad, but the dialogue was like it came from a child's fanfic.
Arkham Lunatic

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE