BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Oct 13th, 2015, 2:31 pm

From the official forums.



We're pleased to announce that the Character Selection Update for Combat AR Challenges will be rolling out for all users throughout the day. This new update allows you to take on existing combat AR Challenges from both the main game and DLC with up to seven new characters.

In order to access this content, please download the update when prompted.

The characters available will depend on the DLC that you have installed on your console. Everyone can play as Robin, Catwoman, Nightwing and Azrael, even if your story save file hasn't reached the point where these characters have been introduced. Red Hood, Harley Quinn and Batgirl are exclusive to their respective DLC packs. Season Pass Holders automatically get access to everyone, as long as they have the respective packs installed.

How do I select a different character in AR Challenges?
In the AR Challenge menu, go to the AR Challenge you'd like to play, and press the directional pad left or right - you'll see the leaderboard portion of the screen is replaced with portraits of the characters you have available, and the name of the character in the selection box will turn yellow. Hit X (PS4) / A (XB1) to confirm, then get stuck into combat with the character of your choice.




What is different about the new characters?
The new characters have all of their abilities from the main game or their respective Arkham Episodes. Some players will probably find that completing the more advanced challenges as other characters is a little more difficult than playing as Batman. That's intentional: Batman is a legendary hand-to-hand fighter, and a great deal more powerful than his allies, but you'll find that the other characters' abilities and animations reflect their respective skills as well.

Alternate characters also do not have dedicated leaderboards. The competitive balancing of each map was done with a particular character in mind, and it wouldn't have been possible for us to add support for well over 100 additional leaderboards. However, there's an extra 3 stars to earn for each character on each challenge, and these contribute to your overall Gotham's Greatest rating. You can see how many extra stars you've earned by checking the yellow number in the top right-hand corner of the screen.




That's all for now. Thanks again to our awesome community for telling us what you wanted. It's been a blast getting these new modes into the game. And remember that this month's update is for FreeFlow Combat AR Challenges. A future update is in the works that will also include the ability to use these characters on the Invisible Predator AR Challenges. Now get out there, grab those extra stars, and tell us all about your favourite moments in the comments.


This is wonderful, downloading the update right now! (EST - US PSN)
Image
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby DatBat » Oct 13th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Sweet! I'll actually play AK when I get home!
User avatar
DatBat
...........
...........
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mar 4th, 2014, 7:14 pm
Favourite Villain: Clayface

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby E.Nigma Show » Oct 13th, 2015, 5:53 pm

I already posted about this in another thread. But, as nice as this change is, for some reason I can't find myself coming back to this game and playing for long periods of time. I download the new DLC when it drops, play it for 15 mins (about the average length for most of this DCL stuff) then exit out of the game.

I don't know why and I can't seem to put my finger on it. But I played the first three Arkham games MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE times in a row, back to back, when they came out. I've play Knight a lot, but I just don't feel the same about it. It's really sad.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
User avatar
E.Nigma Show
...........
...........
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Jan 31st, 2012, 2:10 am
Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby ArthurWynne » Oct 13th, 2015, 11:37 pm

I was hoping for the 1966 races this week but this update is just as good. Love that the blue walls are mostly gone, and very cool to have more challenges for red hood, batgirl, harley, n azrael
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Oct 14th, 2015, 12:26 am

ArthurWynne wrote:I was hoping for the 1966 races this week but this update is just as good. Love that the blue walls are mostly gone, and very cool to have more challenges for red hood, batgirl, harley, n azrael


My estimations are these:

13th October = AR Character Select (Combat)
20th October = Race Track '66 (and Challenge maps)
27th October = Catwoman DLC (and Challenge maps)
Image
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby J-Man » Oct 14th, 2015, 1:41 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
ArthurWynne wrote:I was hoping for the 1966 races this week but this update is just as good. Love that the blue walls are mostly gone, and very cool to have more challenges for red hood, batgirl, harley, n azrael


My estimations are these:

13th October = AR Character Select (Combat)
20th October = Race Track '66 (and Challenge maps)
27th October = Catwoman DLC (and Challenge maps)


Hyped for 1966. Been waiting for that pack to finish off the Riddler mission in New Game + with the classic Bats, Cats, and Batmobile. Challenge maps too, especially now with the update and news of Bats/Azizy dual play.

Catwoman DLC I care very little about TBH.
"I always did consider life the killing joke! Ha!"
J-Man
........
........
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 19th, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Oct 14th, 2015, 2:54 pm

J-Man wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
ArthurWynne wrote:I was hoping for the 1966 races this week but this update is just as good. Love that the blue walls are mostly gone, and very cool to have more challenges for red hood, batgirl, harley, n azrael


My estimations are these:

13th October = AR Character Select (Combat)
20th October = Race Track '66 (and Challenge maps)
27th October = Catwoman DLC (and Challenge maps)


Hyped for 1966. Been waiting for that pack to finish off the Riddler mission in New Game + with the classic Bats, Cats, and Batmobile. Challenge maps too, especially now with the update and news of Bats/Azizy dual play.

Catwoman DLC I care very little about TBH.


I hope for variety they release Catwoman DLC first, then the maps and races!
Image
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: BREAKING: AR CHARACTERS UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby dk09w1ngz » Oct 14th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Other than 66mobile, we need the PS4 content this month. But yay new update.
dk09w1ngz
...........
...........
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Oct 24th, 2014, 7:10 am
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs


Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron