Best Arkhamverse Serial Killer?

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Who do you think is the best serial killer character in the Arkham series?

You may select 1 option

32%
11%
14%
29%
14%
No votes

Total votes : 28

Best Arkhamverse Serial Killer?

Postby ArthurWynne » Oct 21st, 2015, 11:05 pm

Who is Gotham's #1 Serial Killer?
Last edited by ArthurWynne on Nov 9th, 2015, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArthurWynne

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Best Arkhamverse Serial Killer?

Postby DatBat » Oct 21st, 2015, 11:27 pm

Hahaha I thought this was going to be a "most likely to be a serial killer" poll because you put Arkhamverse in the tile.

But Pyg
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Clayface

Postby ADarkHunter » Oct 22nd, 2015, 1:18 am

Ok, so I actually thought about this one. So, Calendar Man is pretty predictable. Kill someone on a holiday. That's his thing. I feel that the best serial killer would be unpredictable, so CM is out. The Identity Thief was only after certain individuals, so I don't think he really counts. Since he's killed the people he wanted to kill, he probably isn't going to kill anyone else unless they get in his way. So, The Identity Thief (Hush) is out. As for the "other" option, I mean, technically the other villains (Joker, Croc, Firefly, etc.) could be considered serial killers too, but I took this to mean "traditional serial killer", so that's why I didn't go with "other". Now, Zsasz is able to pull off a lot of crazy murders and he is able to find people, like Dr. Cassidy, but as far as we know, he's only been able to kill people inside of Gotham. And even then, he seems to be identified as the killer pretty fast and his victims are also identified quickly. Pyg, however, was able to grab people from places outside of Gotham, and he was able to kill and string up people around the city without anyone noticing him. Once he operates on his "patients", he's even able to wipe away their identity, leaving them as John Does, without any evidence that they can be returned to normal; so even if they do die and are found, they're unidentifiable. Sounds like a pretty good serial killer to me. I went with Pyg.
Remember the Arkham Asylum forums? Good times, right?
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 22nd, 2015, 1:35 am

I went with Zsasz solely because he fully intends to kill people whereas Pyg only kills when he can't create perfection. Pyg doesn't intend to kill, he intends to change his victims. So on that basis, I have to vote for Zsasz. Also, he's the first serial killer we meet in the Arkham games. I feel Calendar man wasn't really fleshed out in the Arkham games and only really had cameos. Hush was just one big disappointment.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Peel » Oct 22nd, 2015, 9:32 pm

DatBat wrote:Hahaha I thought this was going to be a "most likely to be a serial killer" poll because you put Arkhamverse in the tile.

You rang?

Also went with Pyg, he was just so brilliantly done and was the one of the list who terrified me the most. Zsasz comes close, but he is just one skinny guy - his stunt in AC was good and had a lot of thought put into it, but he was still just one man. Pyg had his Circus and his Dollotrons to do his bidding and capture people as he pleased and killed those who weren't 'perfect'.

Also also, should Mad Hatter not be included on the list? I mean, he did kill any woman who he believed was 'Alice'. Does that count as a serial killer or not? I'm not sure on the definitions.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby ArthurWynne » Oct 22nd, 2015, 11:25 pm

Peel wrote:
DatBat wrote:Hahaha I thought this was going to be a "most likely to be a serial killer" poll because you put Arkhamverse in the tile.

Also also, should Mad Hatter not be included on the list? I mean, he did kill any woman who he believed was 'Alice'. Does that count as a serial killer or not? I'm not sure on the definitions.

Yes, Hatter sort of counts, but I only specifically listed the characters that were labeled as serial killers in the games, thus my "Other" option is for any of the other villain that fits the bill.

Hatter is so delusional and out of touch with reality he doesn't really realize he is responsible for the killings of "Alice", and when Hugo Strange tried to make him realize that Jervis started to freak out and cry. The lack of psychological gratification and lack of awareness involved in Hatter's killings may technically disqualify him as a serial killer in the purest sense, although his mental illness/psychopathy is a common serial killer characteristic. While Professor Pyg is similarly delusional and out of touch with reality like Hatter, he does seem aware that he is killing off people who aren't up to his dollotron standards, and he feels gratification in pleasing his "Mother" by posing the defective ones. Zsasz, Hush, and Calendar Man also get abnormal psychological gratification from their series of killings.

Some other villains that can count:

Killer Croc - His disease aside he was a bullied youth (which many serial killers were) who grew up to be hitman that later got really into Serial Cannibalism killings... and really enjoys it. Total serial killer.

Joker and Harley - Both of them are Thrill motivated serial killers.

Riddler - A Mission-oriented serial killer who wants to weed out the stupid.

Poison Ivy - I'd consider her a sexual serial murderer/lust killer since she gets some sort of erotic satisfaction from killing people with a poison kiss.

Arkham Knight/Red Hood - I'm considering the Arkham Knight a serial killer who targets Batman villains.
ArthurWynne

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 22nd, 2015, 11:57 pm

ArthurWynne wrote:
Peel wrote:

Yes, Hatter sort of counts, but I only specifically listed the characters that were labeled as serial killers in the games, thus my "Other" option is for any of the other villain that fits the bill.

Hatter is so delusional and out of touch with reality he doesn't really realize he is responsible for the killings of "Alice", and when Hugo Strange tried to make him realize that Jervis started to freak out and cry. The lack of psychological gratification and lack of awareness involved in Hatter's killings may technically disqualify him as a serial killer in the purest sense, although his mental illness/psychopathy is a common serial killer characteristic. While Professor Pyg is similarly delusional and out of touch with reality like Hatter, he does seem aware that he is killing off people who aren't up to his dollotron standards, and he feels gratification in pleasing his "Mother" by posing the defective ones. Zsasz, Hush, and Calendar Man also get abnormal psychological gratification from their series of killings.

Killer Croc - His disease aside he was a bullied youth (which many serial killers were) who grew up to be hitman that later got really into Serial Cannibalism killings... and really enjoys it. Total serial killer.

Poison Ivy - I'd consider her a sexual serial murderer/lust killer since she gets some sort of erotic satisfaction from killing people with a poison kiss.

Arkham Knight/Red Hood - I'm considering the Arkham Knight a serial killer who targets Batman villains.

Yeah I think Joker, Harley and Scarecrow are beyond the point of serial killer. I'm pretty sure in one of their bios from AC it said terrorist which makes perfect sense with them trying to destroy the city in some form or another but I may be making that up. Poison Ivy is mostly referred to as an eco-terrorist also.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Peel » Oct 23rd, 2015, 5:59 pm

ArthurWynne wrote:
Peel wrote:

I just thought Mad Hatter was a fellow serial killer in the sense that he killed anyone without any real logic or motivation aside from them potentially being his 'Alice', and that is all his character does in the Arkham games. With Joker Harley, Riddler and Poison Ivy, as Jordan said, they can be considered terrorists and are more than just serial killers.

Killer Croc is definitely a form of a serial killer - a cannibalistic one. His AA interview tapes to me confirmed he doesn't care about petty grudges or people, and that everyone is the same to him and he just wants to eat. Aside from that, he doesn't pose a real higher threat to Batman on the same scale as say the Joker. He's just an animal that needs to find a way to survive - and that's by killing without discrimination.

Jason Todd is...Difficult to figure out post AK. I don't think he's a serial killer because he targets specific people - specific criminals and super-criminals who try to set themselves up in Gotham. He wouldn't say, walk down the street and see a man or woman and just decide they need to die like most serial killers. He's got a conscience that removes him from the possibility of being a serial killer.
Peel

Postby paisbats » Oct 23rd, 2015, 7:07 pm

I picked Calendar Man because not for him being necessarily the best serial killer in the Arkham Series because they didn't use him much for the (killing) business. But I thought he was the best. Like with what rocksteady did with him and how smartly played they did with Calendar Man. I thought it was brilliant. With Arkham City with the 12 dates and you get a secret message (Sorta) with him hanging a Two-Face thug in his cell and escaped. Arkham Knight with him being there at the end (although I do NOT believe Bruce is dead, because it's really stupid) when Wayne Manor blown up. And Calendar Man said it all like if it was some prophecy.
I am Vengeance, I am the Night, I am Batman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44xWfBnAT84
paisbats
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Final Crisis

Postby pukipuki » Oct 24th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Voted for Calendar man, his stories in the cell were bone chilling. He is so predictable, yet he gets away with ease. That's why I think he was the best. Also, the whole audio tape thing with zsasz in ththe asylum also creeped the POW outta me! But his mission in arkham city was lame!
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Benji » Oct 24th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Professoy Pyg definitely. Creeped me out the most.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby ArthurWynne » Oct 31st, 2015, 11:55 pm

I just started another new game+ story and noticed in the beginning at Pauli's Diner at the nearest booth to Owens you can hear a discussion about Pannessa Studios and how it was run by a crime family and how it was a shame because Paul Sloan was in some of those movies, before he transformed (into the criminal known as Charlatan). Anyway, the guy at the diner booth said Sloan was the most notorious serial killer in Gotham but only after "Karlo" (Clayface). I found it interesting that a Gothamite would consider Basil Karlo and Paul Sloan the top serial killers rather than guys like Zsasz and Julian Day.
Question is, is Basil Karlo still considered a serial killer now that he's Clayface?

Also, I think Christina Bell is considered a serial killer with the media naming her the Corporate Killer (did anyone else notice she was an executive at Queen Industries?)
ArthurWynne

Postby Red leader » Nov 1st, 2015, 3:52 am

ArthurWynne wrote:I just started another new game+ story and noticed in the beginning at Pauli's Diner at the nearest booth to Owens you can hear a discussion about Pannessa Studios and how it was run by a crime family and how it was a shame because Paul Sloan was in some of those movies, before he transformed (into the criminal known as Charlatan). Anyway, the guy at the diner booth said Sloan was the most notorious serial killer in Gotham but only after "Karlo" (Clayface). I found it interesting that a Gothamite would consider Basil Karlo and Paul Sloan the top serial killers rather than guys like Zsasz and Julian Day.
Question is, is Basil Karlo still considered a serial killer now that he's Clayface?

Also, I think Christina Bell is considered a serial killer with the media naming her the Corporate Killer (did anyone else notice she was an executive at Queen Industries?)

Well its possible that Basil was a regular serial killer clayface like he was in the golden age but up till recently in this universe kinda like how he stayed normal till mudpack in the comics. Fun fact paul sloan was the second two face back in the golden age.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Peel » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:48 pm

pukipuki wrote:Voted for Calendar man, his stories in the cell were bone chilling. He is so predictable, yet he gets away with ease. That's why I think he was the best. Also, the whole audio tape thing with zsasz in ththe asylum also creeped the POW outta me! But his mission in arkham city was lame!

I wish he returned in AK, even as a cameo like Calendar Man, it would've really brought the series back to the beginning. He really got screwed over back in City.
Peel

Postby ADarkHunter » Nov 1st, 2015, 5:30 pm

Peel wrote:
pukipuki wrote:Voted for Calendar man, his stories in the cell were bone chilling. He is so predictable, yet he gets away with ease. That's why I think he was the best. Also, the whole audio tape thing with zsasz in ththe asylum also creeped the POW outta me! But his mission in arkham city was lame!

I wish he returned in AK, even as a cameo like Calendar Man, it would've really brought the series back to the beginning. He really got screwed over back in City.

Zsasz was in AK. He has a cameo in the video footage when you're looking for who took Oracle.
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE