Best Use of Calendar Man?

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Best use of the Calendar Killer in the Arkham series?

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby ArthurWynne » Nov 18th, 2015, 11:31 pm

The Calendar Killer has never been the star of the show, but he's always used somehow. So far which has been the use of Julian Day?

Also, did anyone find it strange that he was given the Death Penalty in AO?
As cool as the idea was, the existence of a Gotham City death penalty is problematic.
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby johnsyggel » Nov 19th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Can someone remind me of his involvement in AO and AK?I can't seem to remember...
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
User avatar
johnsyggel
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mar 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Location: Greece
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby ArthurWynne » Nov 19th, 2015, 10:28 pm

johnsyggel wrote:Can someone remind me of his involvement in AO and AK?I can't seem to remember...


in AO he was about to be killed in the gas chamber of Blackgate prison for terrorizing Gotham for about a year committing holiday-themed murders before being caught by Batman. By the time Batman reaches the gas chamber containing Calendar Man, the Joker releases him in order to substitute Commissioner Gillian Loeb in the gas chamber. Joker also seems to admire the Calendar Killer so he lets Julian escape unharmed. It's unclear when he is recaptured but eventually he is and transferred to Arkham Asylum.

As for AK - After Arkham City Calendar Man was not recaptured (he escaped Arkham City if you recall), so he spent a lot of his time celebrating new kinds of holidays instead of the same old, finding new creative ways to kill and torture on those rarely celebrated holidays, but then on October Calendar Man had planned to go after and kill Batman on Halloween - but Scarecrow interfered with his big plan with an even bigger plan, and thus Calendar Man was screwed over. Luckily for Julian he was able to attend the end of Batman (like he had prophesied he would) as he is spotted at the Wayne estate along with Vickie Vale and others right when Batman activates the Knightfall protocol and Wayne Manor blows up - much to Julian's delight I'm sure.
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby Red leader » Nov 20th, 2015, 12:06 am

ArthurWynne wrote:The Calendar Killer has never been the star of the show, but he's always used somehow. So far which has been the use of Julian Day?

Also, did anyone find it strange that he was given the Death Penalty in AO?
As cool as the idea was, the existence of a Gotham City death penalty is problematic.

I guess we can assume that they went from one extreme to another. In AO they treated all threats as if they where common criminals and ignored the big picture while afterwards they threw all their threats into arkham so they didnt have to deal with it.

I chose asylum because I love the way that all the easter eggs fit into that world. That game works cause it feel like the ultimate standard batman status quo. Everything feels like it has a place and an importance.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
User avatar
Red leader
...........
...........
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Oct 20th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Location: Arkham asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby johnsyggel » Nov 20th, 2015, 7:47 pm

ArthurWynne wrote:
johnsyggel wrote:Can someone remind me of his involvement in AO and AK?I can't seem to remember...


in AO he was about to be killed in the gas chamber of Blackgate prison for terrorizing Gotham for about a year committing holiday-themed murders before being caught by Batman. By the time Batman reaches the gas chamber containing Calendar Man, the Joker releases him in order to substitute Commissioner Gillian Loeb in the gas chamber. Joker also seems to admire the Calendar Killer so he lets Julian escape unharmed. It's unclear when he is recaptured but eventually he is and transferred to Arkham Asylum.

As for AK - After Arkham City Calendar Man was not recaptured (he escaped Arkham City if you recall), so he spent a lot of his time celebrating new kinds of holidays instead of the same old, finding new creative ways to kill and torture on those rarely celebrated holidays, but then on October Calendar Man had planned to go after and kill Batman on Halloween - but Scarecrow interfered with his big plan with an even bigger plan, and thus Calendar Man was screwed over. Luckily for Julian he was able to attend the end of Batman (like he had prophesied he would) as he is spotted at the Wayne estate along with Vickie Vale and others right when Batman activates the Knightfall protocol and Wayne Manor blows up - much to Julian's delight I'm sure.

Thanks a bunch! I really have to play AO again...
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
User avatar
johnsyggel
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mar 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Location: Greece
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby ArthurWynne » Nov 21st, 2015, 12:25 am

No problem.

Also, here is a summary of what happens with the Calendar Killer in the comics:

Calendar Man plans an elaborate scheme and ambush against Batman for Labor Day. He first got Batman's attention by murdering people at a calendar company, and lured him into a trap where Batman was ambushed by an army of Solomon Grundy clones (that Julian created), seven of them to be exact, all named after a day of the week. He leaves Batman to fight those monsters for the whole of Labor Day week, and Batman was unable to call his allies for help because the Arkham Knight gave Calendar Man Electrocutioner II's electronic gauntlet in order to interfere with Batman's communication signal. After Batman defeats 7 Grundys he finds out Calendar Man had kidnapped a baby and Bats is given a list of people Julian poisoned that had only 24 hours to live. Batman had to save the poisoned people in time in order to save the baby from being killed. While Batman does accomplish this, it doesn't matter as Scarecrow interferes with Calendar Man's plans, convinces him not to kill Batman, and has him hand over the baby.
ArthurWynne
.........
.........
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 28th, 2011, 12:57 am
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Best Use of Calendar Man?

Postby Batcrow » Dec 18th, 2015, 12:34 am

johnsyggel wrote:Can someone remind me of his involvement in AO and AK?I can't seem to remember...

In one of the blackmail recordings, the warden tells Harleen to diagnose him as sane so that he'd die.
Batcrow
...
...
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 15th, 2015, 1:22 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow


Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron