SOI Mission length

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

SOI Mission length

Postby zeke10 » Dec 21st, 2015, 8:52 pm

People who got it early said they are as long as a normal SM so about 20 min per dlc SM
zeke10

Favourite Villain: Bane/Man-bat/Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: No mans land

Re: SOI Mission length

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 21st, 2015, 9:24 pm

zeke10 wrote:People who got it early said they are as long as a normal SM so about 20 min per dlc SM

I kinda expected that. Were was the evidence that the Dlc would be longer?

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby JokerBatsyMHKC » Dec 21st, 2015, 9:25 pm

There's apparently only one boss fight.

A user on Gamefaqs posted:

1. Only Croc has a boss fight, and it is just like Albert King's from the main game
2. Each mission is 15-20 long
3. Freeze DOES have a tank battle, but it is against militia drones.
4. Hatter involves getting sucked into a storybook
5. beating Season of Infamy as well as the main game on the regular game AND new game plus (aka, getting a 240% save file) will unlock a special batsuit, but it is just the regular batsuit with a gold symbol on the chest
6. not every mission adds a new gameplay feature
---
JokerBatsyMHKC

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby zeke10 » Dec 21st, 2015, 9:29 pm

JokerBatsyMHKC wrote:There's apparently only one boss fight.

1. Only Croc has a boss fight, and it is just like Albert King's from the main game
5. beating Season of Infamy as well as the main game on the regular game AND new game plus (aka, getting a 240% save file) will unlock a special batsuit, but it is just the regular batsuit with a gold symbol on the chest
---

All of them together should longer than HQR and crocs boss sounds like a letdown though
zeke10

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 21st, 2015, 9:41 pm

---

This sounds like an enormous let down. I'm so disappointed and unfortunately glad Rocksteady are done now. They've messed this all up beyond belief.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Red leader » Dec 21st, 2015, 11:17 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:

---

This sounds like an enormous let down. I'm so disappointed and unfortunately glad Rocksteady are done now. They've messed this all up beyond belief.

Now we can move onto what comes next. I am so glad that rocksteadys run is over. It had its ups and downs (oh God did it have its downs) but now we can be exited for what comes next and thats great.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby zeke10 » Dec 21st, 2015, 11:24 pm

Croc can run on all fours now :croc:
zeke10

Postby AbbieXEric » Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:00 am

I liked it. But the people on the the other forums are rioting a guy even to told sef and RS to kill themselves
AbbieXEric

Favourite Villain: Black Mask/Firefly
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long halloween

Postby Jack out of Box » Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:06 am

AbbieXEric wrote:I liked it. But the people on the the other forums are rioting a guy even to told sef and RS to kill themselves

That's a bit overboard but honestly liking it seems like settling for the fact that at least we got something instead of praising exceptional content that shows a passion to deliver to fans.

There's a great game hiding in arkham knight that is marred by development missteps, corporate meddling and laziness that people were hoping the DLC would fix.

I'm sure dissapointed in RS for not only limiting arkham knights potential but delivering a hefty season's pass with the bulk being filler content.
Jack out of Box

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AbbieXEric » Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:12 am

Jack out of Box wrote:
AbbieXEric wrote:I liked it. But the people on the the other forums are rioting a guy even to told sef and RS to kill themselves

That's a bit overboard but honestly liking it seems like settling for the fact that at least we got something instead of praising exceptional content that shows a passion to deliver to fans.

There's a great game hiding in arkham knight that is marred by development missteps, corporate meddling and laziness that people were hoping the DLC would fix.

I'm sure dissapointed in RS for not only limiting arkham knights potential but delivering a hefty season's pass with the bulk being filler content.

Well i like d the base game so i didn't settle

-- Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:12 am --

Jack out of Box wrote:

-- Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:12 am --

Jack out of Box wrote:

AbbieXEric

Favourite Villain: Black Mask/Firefly
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long halloween

Postby legion » Dec 22nd, 2015, 1:44 am

Beat it about 30 minutes ago and at the moment , I'd rate the separate mission from best to worst:

Mr.Freeze
Ra's al Ghul
Killer Croc
Mad Hatter
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 22nd, 2015, 1:47 am

I just watched a walk through of the Mad Hatter's mission and I'm wondering why I ever got hyped for this. Repetitive gameplay yet again, and not offering anything new. Although I have to admit the story book is pretty cool. It's a bit of a waste when you have Batman villains called White Rabbit and Cheshire yet you won't use them and make the mission as boring as possible. I seriously hope the others are an improvement.
JordanT4021

Postby legion » Dec 22nd, 2015, 1:55 am

JordanT4021 wrote:I just watched a walk through of the Mad Hatter's mission and I'm wondering why I ever got hyped for this. Repetitive gameplay yet again, and not offering anything new. Although I have to admit the story book is pretty cool. It's a bit of a waste when you have Batman villains called White Rabbit and Cheshire yet you won't use them and make the mission as boring as possible. I seriously hope the others are an improvement.

Freeze and Ra's definitely are. Croc is better than Hatter's by a bit. At least for me.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 22nd, 2015, 1:56 am

legion wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:I just watched a walk through of the Mad Hatter's mission and I'm wondering why I ever got hyped for this. Repetitive gameplay yet again, and not offering anything new. Although I have to admit the story book is pretty cool. It's a bit of a waste when you have Batman villains called White Rabbit and Cheshire yet you won't use them and make the mission as boring as possible. I seriously hope the others are an improvement.

Freeze and Ra's definitely are. Croc is better than Hatter's by a bit. At least for me.

Any sign of Shiva?? And is Freeze's simply a remake of his City arc?
JordanT4021

Postby legion » Dec 22nd, 2015, 2:01 am

JordanT4021 wrote:
legion wrote:

Any sign of Shiva?? And is Freeze's simply a remake of his City arc?

In order
No, but we do get another prominent LOA member besides Ra's and its awesome. And Mr. Freeze's story arc comes to a bittersweet close in his mission, which almost made me teary eyed. He and Batman do not fight against each other at all, there is a tank battle against the militia but the payoff at the end is worth it.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE