Shadow War Ending (POLL)

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Your Decision?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Shadow War Ending (POLL)

Postby Red leader » Jan 2nd, 2016, 10:26 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:Joker was also on the brink of death and wasn't receiving massive doses of a drug that would make him a massive threat instantly...

He could have been given a cure that would return him to his chaotic and destructive self, making him once again Gotham's greatest threat. Sounds familiar in my opinion. There's not much of a difference.

Except there is, as Batman is able to match Joker physically and could've immediately subdued him after curing him. With R'as, you're dealing with a man comparable in physicality to Batman, hopped up on a drug that increases his strength and unpredictability and also in command of one of the deadliest organisations on the planet.

There's a big difference.

Hey Ewan i read "Batman: death and the maidens" and they bring up the morality of letting ras not get to a pit. Ras says that it is like refusing to give a man who had a heart attack insulin while bruce argues those of different situations. Its not really continued much after that but that one scene is really similar to this debate.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Wyrewho » May 19th, 2016, 3:48 pm

The siding with Nyssa ending is far better and makes infinitely more sense.

But I went with curing Ra's just because I love the borderline insane lengths Batman goes to to stubbornly maintain his no kill rule.

All the civilians that will likely die as a result of curing him? Meh, we'll cross that bridge later.

Seems to be Batman's way of thinking a lot of the time. :heath:
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 28th, 2016, 11:13 am

Red leader wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:Joker was also on the brink of death and wasn't receiving massive doses of a drug that would make him a massive threat instantly...

He could have been given a cure that would return him to his chaotic and destructive self, making him once again Gotham's greatest threat. Sounds familiar in my opinion. There's not much of a difference.

Except there is, as Batman is able to match Joker physically and could've immediately subdued him after curing him. With R'as, you're dealing with a man comparable in physicality to Batman, hopped up on a drug that increases his strength and unpredictability and also in command of one of the deadliest organisations on the planet.

There's a big difference.

Hey Ewan i read "Batman: death and the maidens" and they bring up the morality of letting ras not get to a pit. Ras says that it is like refusing to give a man who had a heart attack insulin while bruce argues those of different situations. Its not really continued much after that but that one scene is really similar to this debate.

Oh wow, I only just saw this! That's pretty cool. Really enjoyed looking back over this topic since SOI's release (thanks Wyrewho for resurrecting it). I'm still under the same opinion I was when this debate was first had, but I definitely think I could've worded my arguments better earlier on in the topic. :oldyella:

I just don't think multiple choices and Batman mesh very well. I'd much rather a talented writing team (like we saw in Asylum and Origins) were given the freedom to create a truly riveting narrative, rather than reducing discussion to a crass dissection of Batman's morality in a totally unnecessary multiple choice scenario.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Previous

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE