Harley Quinn/Joker victims confusion

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Harley Quinn/Joker victims confusion

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Mar 4th, 2016, 1:31 am

So I saw a post about Harley Quinn in Arkham Knight and I just realized I really have no idea what her plan was in the game. So I'm just gonna give my idea, then you guys can fill in the gaps for me? She was a pillar of the Arkham games for me, so I wanna make sure I have her right lol.

So when Joker's blood gets sent out to all the hospitals, Batman cures almost everybody. Almost. A couple people slip through the cracks, and somehow Joker's toxic blood infects them. They all start to go crazy, and take on aspects of the Joker's personality. But Batman himself is also feeling the effects of the blood. How? We watched him cure himself. It worked on everyone else. Why didn't it work on him?

My second question.
While all the other victims go overtly crazy, Henry Adams picks up the Joker's cunning and theatricality, I'm guessing? This old man tracks down Harley Quinn and walks right up to her (something the police were unable to do because plot) and convinces her that he's like the Joker reborn. Eventually, he gets abducted by Batman, and secretly contacts Harley to break him out. So she attacks the movie studios, and takes all the infected. Why? What did she plan on doing with them? Why so protective? She outright calls them phonies or rip offs or whatever, and they outwardly dislike her too. So what's the goal here?

Third Question
Henry finally unveils his Joker personality, thinks he's the best one yet. He kills all the other infected. Why? Thinning out the herd or something? Then he magically senses that Batman is infected too, and kills himself because...? He knows Batmans the more "authentic Joker"?

Fourth Question
Like all the other hardcore super villains, Harley accepts her defeat with dignity and enters the cell with her head held high (eye roll). He leaves her crying in the cell, never to be heard from again. Why? Why not take her to GCPD like literally everyone else? They left Harley with such a bad resolution.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Re: Harley Quinn/Joker victims confusion

Postby Remote Claw » Mar 4th, 2016, 10:00 am

First question - plot hole

Third question - You pretty much got it. Only he didn't sense it from Batman, he saw his eyes turn green.

Everything else, I don't really remember.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Mani-Man » Mar 4th, 2016, 10:22 am

1. Major plot hole.
One simply to give an excuse why we see the joker again

2.Harley is crazy and obsessed with the Joker.
She takes every little thing she could get from the joker.
Maybe she would have treated them like their children or so...shes nuts:D

3.The Jokers personality is thinking he is the greatest thing ever.
So it makes sense that he kills everybody who he thinks is not "perfect".
He saw batmans eyes turn green and figured that the blood changes batman.
What better punchline then having your archenemy become yourself?

4. I dont know, that bothered me too.
We didnt get anything from her after locking her up.
Nothing on the ending and stuff.
Mani-Man

Postby JordanT4021 » Mar 4th, 2016, 7:40 pm

A good plot twist would be if Harley turned up at the movie studios to kill the Joker infected either out of rage from the years of abuse and pain or out of disgust that they're just bad copies of the Joker.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby legion » Mar 4th, 2016, 9:02 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:A good plot twist would be if Harley turned up at the movie studios to kill the Joker infected either out of rage from the years of abuse and pain or out of disgust that they're just bad copies of the Joker.

Yes. That would have been amazing.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby pukipuki » Mar 8th, 2016, 4:45 pm

First question- if I needed to give a serious answer, maybe he was a bit too late to take the cure.Best I could come up with

Second question- Where is it mentioned that Henry contacted Harley? I think Harley just found out Batman was keeping a batch of jokers. When Harley actually got to them, she was disappointed. But she still wanted to keep them because they were the last of jokers "breed".

Third question- He thought there was only one person who could be the next joker. Not three or four. So he he killed the others to take on the "role". But when he sees joker inside Batman, he realizes that the next joker is actually Batman. So he kills himself.

Fourth- Maybe Batman didn't want to lock her up with the worst criminals of gotham who are mostly and almost exclusively "men". If you know what I mean. Plus, all she did was breaking and entering a studio that was supposed to be abandoned. Not really a crime suitable for prison anyway. Or the writers didn't want to write harleys interactions with the other superbads.

I hated the whole storyline of "the joker disease". In my mind the actual chemical vat drop was nothing but a skin thing for the joker, it was just that the incident made him lose his mind. That was my version of jokers backstory. That a man with just a skin disfigurement can go up against the sanest of persons and drive them crazy. The humanity of joker is what was horrifying for me. The game made it seem like the chemicals are what makes him go crazy. So cure him, and hes a normal guy?

POW off.

One might argue that its the toxin that's making people go coockoo, but thats even stupider. Blood cant make psychological changes! (actually it can but POW that)
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Mar 9th, 2016, 3:12 am

pukipuki wrote:First question- if I needed to give a serious answer, maybe he was a bit too late to take the cure.Best I could come up with

Second question- Where is it mentioned that Henry contacted Harley? I think Harley just found out Batman was keeping a batch of jokers. When Harley actually got to them, she was disappointed. But she still wanted to keep them because they were the last of jokers "breed".

Third question- He thought there was only one person who could be the next joker. Not three or four. So he he killed the others to take on the "role". But when he sees joker inside Batman, he realizes that the next joker is actually Batman. So he kills himself.

Fourth- Maybe Batman didn't want to lock her up with the worst criminals of gotham who are mostly and almost exclusively "men". If you know what I mean. Plus, all she did was breaking and entering a studio that was supposed to be abandoned. Not really a crime suitable for prison anyway. Or the writers didn't want to write harleys interactions with the other superbads.

I hated the whole storyline of "the joker disease". In my mind the actual chemical vat drop was nothing but a skin thing for the joker, it was just that the incident made him lose his mind. That was my version of jokers backstory. That a man with just a skin disfigurement can go up against the sanest of persons and drive them crazy. The humanity of joker is what was horrifying for me. The game made it seem like the chemicals are what makes him go crazy. So cure him, and hes a normal guy?

POW off.

One might argue that its the toxin that's making people go coockoo, but thats even stupider. Blood cant make psychological changes! (actually it can but POW that)

Thanks for the response.
But I we know that Henry contacted Harley from her interview tapes. He inexplicably gets into the same room as her, he tells her a joke, then they're the new Bonnie and Clyde.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby AW8 » Mar 12th, 2016, 1:20 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:So when Joker's blood gets sent out to all the hospitals, Batman cures almost everybody. Almost. A couple people slip through the cracks, and somehow Joker's toxic blood infects them. They all start to go crazy, and take on aspects of the Joker's personality. But Batman himself is also feeling the effects of the blood. How? We watched him cure himself. It worked on everyone else. Why didn't it work on him?

Joker's TITAN-poisoned blood turning people into the Joker contradicts Arkham City (where it was simply poisonous and without a cure) and doesn't make any sense. And of course the entire plot is built on this. :oldyella:

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:My second question.
While all the other victims go overtly crazy, Henry Adams picks up the Joker's cunning and theatricality, I'm guessing? This old man tracks down Harley Quinn and walks right up to her (something the police were unable to do because plot)

Remember that all Arkham inmates where released and paid for damages after Arkham City. Until Harley committed a new crime, she was a free woman.

Also, minor note: Dr. Henry picks up Joker's cunning while Johnny Charisma picks up his theatricality.

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:and convinces her that he's like the Joker reborn. Eventually, he gets abducted by Batman, and secretly contacts Harley to break him out. So she attacks the movie studios, and takes all the infected. Why? What did she plan on doing with them? Why so protective? She outright calls them phonies or rip offs or whatever, and they outwardly dislike her too. So what's the goal here?

Harley is obsessed with Joker, and her goal is to get together with him again - the Joker being reborn in Dr. Henry and the others. All victims took different sides of Joker's personality. Harley seems to prefer Dr. Henry but were he to die, she would surely have gone to one of the others.

When he commits suicide and Batman becomes the last Joker, she should have been obsessed with him... but I guess she can't see Batman as anything else than the enemy, at least not until he's been fully Jokerized.

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Third Question
Henry finally unveils his Joker personality, thinks he's the best one yet. He kills all the other infected. Why? Thinning out the herd or something? Then he magically senses that Batman is infected too, and kills himself because...? He knows Batmans the more "authentic Joker"?

Yes, he explicitly says he's "purifying the gene pool". He thinks the other Jokers aren't as good as him. The more bad versions of Joker there are, the less powerful is his image.

He spots Batman's green eyes when he gets angry, same as Robin does in that scene. The thought of the Goddamn Batman becoming the Joker makes his own claim a joke in comparison. Following his ideology of killing all bad Jokers and keeping the best one, the logical thing to do is to kill himself.

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Fourth Question
Like all the other hardcore super villains, Harley accepts her defeat with dignity and enters the cell with her head held high (eye roll). He leaves her crying in the cell, never to be heard from again. Why? Why not take her to GCPD like literally everyone else? They left Harley with such a bad resolution.

Why does Batman keep Robin locked up the entire game, even after defeating Jason? Batman's thought process regarding the Panessa Studios detention cells doesn't make much sense. :adam:

The place has been breached by Harley and is now public knowledge amongst the criminals, as we later learn when Scarecrow simply walks in and takes Robin. If Batman wasn't a moron, he'd have taken both Harley and Robin to GCPD ("Cash, keep an eye on my partner. He's not well, I think someone drugged him with a sedative!").

pukipuki wrote:I hated the whole storyline of "the joker disease". In my mind the actual chemical vat drop was nothing but a skin thing for the joker, it was just that the incident made him lose his mind. That was my version of jokers backstory. That a man with just a skin disfigurement can go up against the sanest of persons and drive them crazy. The humanity of joker is what was horrifying for me. The game made it seem like the chemicals are what makes him go crazy. So cure him, and hes a normal guy?

POW off.

Tru dat.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Wyrewho » May 7th, 2016, 2:52 pm

It's just suddenly hit me how utterly, utterly stupid the whole idea of "Joker blood" is.
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby johnsyggel » May 7th, 2016, 7:16 pm

pukipuki wrote:I hated the whole storyline of "the joker disease". In my mind the actual chemical vat drop was nothing but a skin thing for the joker, it was just that the incident made him lose his mind. That was my version of jokers backstory. That a man with just a skin disfigurement can go up against the sanest of persons and drive them crazy. The humanity of joker is what was horrifying for me. The game made it seem like the chemicals are what makes him go crazy. So cure him, and hes a normal guy?

POW off.

I don't think Joker can be cured,the cure Batman was working on was about the rest of the infected.And the infection has nothing to do with the chemical vat drop.It was caused by the Joker's Titan-infested blood,if i remember correctly.That is what Joker had distributed to the hospitals and that's what Batman is trying to find a cure to.Again,i think...
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby Ezpherial » May 22nd, 2016, 7:55 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:So when Joker's blood gets sent out to all the hospitals, Batman cures almost everybody. Almost. A couple people slip through the cracks, and somehow Joker's toxic blood infects them. They all start to go crazy, and take on aspects of the Joker's personality. But Batman himself is also feeling the effects of the blood. How? We watched him cure himself. It worked on everyone else. Why didn't it work on him?

This is one of the random conversations that Joker says: He said something along the lines of "So that cure you produced in Arkham City didn't work after all? I did pump in (I forgot the amount) of blood in your body that night. I just wanted to be close to you, Bats!"

So my guess is Batman had a lot more of the infected blood in him and the cure worked but the new fear toxin must have had a weird reaction with it so it made it worse. That's just my guess
Ezpherial

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jun 21st, 2016, 12:46 am

Batman was affected by joker's blood because of the scarecrow's new fear gas
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE