Bane Vs Mr Freeze...Who would win?

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Bane Vs Mr Freeze...Who would win?

Postby Jason_G » Apr 6th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Was just going around, was near the Clocktower, and come across some rioters talking about fights, and mentioned Bane and Mr Freeze, i filmed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1qh3gNDzc
Jason_G

Re: Bane Vs Mr Freeze...Who would win?

Postby MaxSchreck » Apr 6th, 2016, 12:52 pm

:oldyella:

My money would probably be on Bane.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby DatBat » Apr 6th, 2016, 3:28 pm

MaxSchreck wrote::oldyella:

My money would probably be on Bane.

But he'd just charge at Freeze and Freeze would freeze him before he got close.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby MaxSchreck » Apr 6th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Arkhamverse Bane maybe... but regular Bane wouldn´t. If Batman can evade the Freeze ray so could he. And once Bane has closed the distance between himself and Freeze Victor is in a lot of trouble. He depends way to much on his weapon, while Bane is more flexible.

MaxSchreck

Postby DatBat » Apr 6th, 2016, 4:09 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Arkhamverse Bane maybe... but regular Bane wouldn´t. If Batman can evade the Freeze ray so could he. And once Bane has closed the distance between himself and Freeze Victor is in a lot of trouble. He depends way to much on his weapon, while Bane is more flexible.

But Freeze could freeze his venom pack/tubes to prevent the venom from pumping into him, and then easily take down scrawny Bane.
Also, I'm not sure if Bane could evade the beam. He's much bigger and slower. Batman can jump out of the way or hide in a vent or on a gargoyle. Bane's too big and slow to do that.
DatBat

Postby Mani-Man » Apr 6th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Hm, its always the question of which kind of character we talk about.
Asylum Bane stands no chance, Origins Bane is a lot more dangerous for Freeze.

Evading the Freeze Ray is the hardest part.
Otherwise in terms of strength, i think even without the venom, Bane is Stronger then Mr Freeze in his suit.

But as long as Freeze has enough distance and the freeze gun, i dont think Bane could break through the ice...even with all the venom he has.
His suit gives him some strength and protects him somewhat, but a fist fight against Bane would probably end bad for him.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » Apr 6th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Arkham Origins Bane didn´t need Venom in a fight. Besides, even if he can´t dodge the beam its not guaranteed that it will be effective. He could potentially just ignore its effect and keep charging Freeze. I am sure Arkham Asylum Bane could ignore the Freeze ray for quite some time and then crush Freeze pretty easily.

MaxSchreck

Postby legion » Apr 6th, 2016, 7:35 pm

We also need to factor in where they are fighting. In an enclosed space, my money is on Bane. Wide area, my money is on Freeze.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby DatBat » Apr 6th, 2016, 7:52 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Arkham Origins Bane didn´t need Venom in a fight. Besides, even if he can´t dodge the beam its not guaranteed that it will be effective. He could potentially just ignore its effect and keep charging Freeze. I am sure Arkham Asylum Bane could ignore the Freeze ray for quite some time and then crush Freeze pretty easily.

Still, Origins Bane is much slower and still much bigger than Batman. And the Freeze Ray would almost definitely kill someone. Batman has all his armor on which could very likely have some sort of temperature regulation (and it's always hard to kill player characters), Bane's just a buff guy. The temperature would freeze the bloodflow inside Bane's body. Even if it didn't kill him, it would render whatever part of his body Freeze hit useless and limp in the fight, cut off Venom flow to that area, therefore making his weight balance lopsided, so if he tried to move fast to evade the freeze ray, he could easily fall over. It would also cause him tremendous pain, which would make his thinking less rational. I'd say Asylum/City Bane would have a better chance at defeating Freeze than Origins Bane because there's more flesh to freeze. A few seconds of freeze ray would kill Origins Bane or at least render him immobile. Asylum/City Bane could get his arm frozen and trudge on. His arm is basically the size of Origins Bane. It would take much more time to fully freeze Asylum/City Bane than Origins Bane. Also, even though Bane was really smart in Origins, but Freeze is a doctor, and a very smart one at that (to be able to create the suit to keep him from dying, his extensive work to cure Nora, and his invention of the freeze ray and freeze grenades). I think that Freeze would win in a fight under most circumstances. Of course, if he didn't have his freeze ray, it might be a different story. Although, if the fight was fair, Freeze would have his freeze ray taken, and Bane would have his venom taken (unless it was Origins Bane). Freeze might be weak and feeble, but he has a giant metal suit. One swing to the face of depowered Bane would probably knock him out. Origins Bane could probably beat Freeze if Freeze didn't have the gun.

But overall, I really think that Freeze would win most fights between himself and Origins Bane or Asylum/City Bane.

:freeze: > :bane2:
:freeze: minus Freeze Gun< Origins Bane
Mr. Freeze minus Freeze Gun>Asylum/City Bane minusVenom
DatBat

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jun 21st, 2016, 12:52 am

Bane pre TN1 would destroy freeze
Bane post TN1 would get his ass kicked hard
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall