Arkham City DC Direct Action Figures: Wave 4

Here you will find our archive of news and announcements on Batman: Arkham City and related merchandise.

Re: Arkham City DC Direct Action Figures: Wave 4

Postby Killa_Moff » Nov 9th, 2012, 4:12 pm

No.............
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby basilkarlo96 » Nov 10th, 2012, 2:20 am

Killa_Moff wrote:No.............

Realistically was going to be a while until someone found him. I'm sure Gordon's guys had a heck of alotta fun helping Floyd out of the train car.
"I'm thinking about starting a comic, called The Adventures of Grant Morrison. It'll be about the weird adventures he goes on when he's high." - Guy in comic shop
basilkarlo96

Favourite Villain: Wesker Ventriloquist
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Guest » Nov 10th, 2012, 2:22 am

[quote="Killa_Moff"]No.............[/quote]

his beard is thicker in the unhinged comic anyway, so it doesn't really bother me

Postby DIrishB » Dec 7th, 2012, 8:22 pm

legion wrote:
TS42 wrote:
Killa_Moff wrote:Hopefully it's not a 3 figure set again.
Talia looks HORRIBLE!

It appears to be the final wave, but I don't think they'll be a three figure set unless you order the full wave online. Again, the figure is being judged off a washed out image alone. It's always best until you see the figure in hand. Whilst the extra picture in my link supplied further above isn't the best quality, the sculpt looks noticeably better.

Actually there are more waves coming in 2013...its rumored Grundy is one of them. Also there is a 4th figure in the wave that they are gonna show on Halloween on DC website.

Yep, can't find the link but at the NYCC presentation, a collector questioned a DC Direct/Collectibles employee about the AC line and it was said they plan on doing 7 waves (3 more after this one), including another deluxe wave likely with Solomon Grundy and Clayface (clay form, not Joker form, obviously).

And with the following still desperately needing to be made:

Two-Face
Hugo Strange
Commissioner James Gordon
Black Mask
Calendar Man
Mister Hammer
Sickle
Clayface  (Deluxe?)
Solomon Grundy  (Deluxe?)

I could definitely see them having enough worthwhile (in Two Face, Hugo Strange, Gordon, Grundy, and Clayface) figures left to do, and some moderately worthwhile (Black Mask, Calendar Man, Hammer, Sickle) figures to serve as "filler" and finish off just about the entire AC cast of heroes and villains.

And since they sell well, I'm sure DC Direct is motivated to keep making them as long as people are buying them. If they are indeed going to wave 7, that'll keep the line alive through mid to late 2014...probably right around the time Arkham 3 (or the Justice League prequel, whichever) hits shelves and DC Direct will likely try to release figures based on that game.

While there have been a few disappointments in the line (Poison Ivy standing like she just had major back surgery, Croc's arms falling off, etc), overall it's a great line of figures and I eagerly look forward to any additions to the line (in terms of new characters anyway).
DIrishB

Postby Killa_Moff » Jan 8th, 2013, 7:01 am

Hammer and Sickle will be deluxe figures. End of story.
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby DIrishB » Jan 10th, 2013, 7:34 am

Killa_Moff wrote:Hammer and Sickle will be deluxe figures. End of story.

Before Mr. Freeze was released as a Deluxe I might've disagreed, but you make a good point. However, the reason Hammer and Sickle may not be Deluxe (assuming they even make it into the line), was the DC toy rep specifically said (at the NYCC presentation) there'd be 3 more waves after Series 4, and 1 more Deluxe wave. Since Solomon Grundy and Clayface certainly deserve the toy treatment more than Hammer and Sickle (due to being fan favorites and playing much more prominent roles in the game than the Abramovici twins), I'd say if the twins do get into the line they may actually be part of the regular series.

Of course, they may not even get made, and if so are admittedly more likely as Deluxe than regular, just wanted to point out the rep's response made it seem this may not be the case. The rep also strongly hinted Grundy was a lock for one of the Deluxe figures, and Clayface seems the most likely other possibility.
DIrishB

Postby basilkarlo96 » Jan 10th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Yeah but the previous wave had 3 deluxe figures Titan Joker, killer croc, and the freeze figure. If the release the ambromavic twins it could be a two pack deluxe along with clayface and Grundy.
"I'm thinking about starting a comic, called The Adventures of Grant Morrison. It'll be about the weird adventures he goes on when he's high." - Guy in comic shop
basilkarlo96

Favourite Villain: Wesker Ventriloquist

Postby TS42 » Jan 13th, 2013, 12:39 pm

DIrishB wrote:
legion wrote:
TS42 wrote:
Killa_Moff wrote:Hopefully it's not a 3 figure set again.
Talia looks HORRIBLE!

It appears to be the final wave, but I don't think they'll be a three figure set unless you order the full wave online. Again, the figure is being judged off a washed out image alone. It's always best until you see the figure in hand. Whilst the extra picture in my link supplied further above isn't the best quality, the sculpt looks noticeably better.

Actually there are more waves coming in 2013...its rumored Grundy is one of them. Also there is a 4th figure in the wave that they are gonna show on Halloween on DC website.

Yep, can't find the link but at the NYCC presentation, a collector questioned a DC Direct/Collectibles employee about the AC line and it was said they plan on doing 7 waves (3 more after this one), including another deluxe wave likely with Solomon Grundy and Clayface (clay form, not Joker form, obviously).

When I said "it appears to be the final wave" I meant that no figures would be added to Wave 4 and it was finalised. I was wrong and it seems as though Deadshot has been added. Of course there are still major characters yet to be made in figure form yet and I look forward to seeing them when more waves are revealed.

I still think Mister Freeze should have been a regular figure in Wave 2 to compensate for the small size of Mad Hatter. A larger figure and a smaller figure in the wave would have evened it out. Alas Mister Freeze became a standalone deluxe figure alongside Killer Croc and Titan Joker.

I suspect should Hammer and Sickle be released they will be deluxe figures as pointed out. Perhaps they had the running chance of being regular right until the point Mister Freeze became deluxe and not regular. However, whilst they are two great figures, they're more obscure compared to the likes of Two Face and Strange so may not be released but I'd love to be proved wrong. Releasing daft variants and obscure figures could damage the line. The infected and detective vision Batman variants are examples of pegwarmers which is something the Arkham Asylum/City lines had not experienced before as on many occasions the figures didn't even make it to the shops because they'd sold out on pre-orders alone! It would have been a better idea to tweak them slightly and make different costume variants.
TS42

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby DIrishB » Jan 25th, 2013, 6:52 pm

basilkarlo96 wrote:Yeah but the previous wave had 3 deluxe figures Titan Joker, killer croc, and the freeze figure. If the release the ambromavic twins it could be a two pack deluxe along with clayface and Grundy.

Ah, good point, I forgot about Titan Joker.

Still, I'd rather a Clayface figure as opposed to the Abramovici twins (if I had to choose between them). That said I'd love them all to get the figure treatment.
DIrishB

Postby Batmobile » Feb 21st, 2013, 2:22 pm

Not sure if these got shipped early or what but much to my surprise when I went in to pick up nightwing and red hood and the outlaws 17 they were there waiting for me. I had preordered them when they showed up in Previews so I picked them up and I have to say they look much better in person.
It's the car right, chicks love the car.
Batmobile

Favourite Villain: Joker/Riddler

Postby E.Nigma Show » Feb 23rd, 2013, 3:04 am

Batmobile wrote:Not sure if these got shipped early or what but much to my surprise when I went in to pick up nightwing and red hood and the outlaws 17 they were there waiting for me. I had preordered them when they showed up in Previews so I picked them up and I have to say they look much better in person.

I know. I happened to go to my local comic shop yesterday just to browse and I saw them just sitting there. There was only one of each left so I picked them up - minus the new, more articulated Batman. Can't wait for the Grundy!
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler

Postby Killa_Moff » Feb 26th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Review of the Batman figure...
Articulation seems great!
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20055

-- Feb 28th, 2013, 12:15 pm --

Nightwing review
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20067