Arkham City: Lockdown

Here you will find our archive of news and announcements on Batman: Arkham City and related merchandise.

Re: Arkham City: Lockdown

Postby ShadowRaven » Dec 9th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Lex Luthor 33.1 wrote:
ShadowRaven wrote:
Lex Luthor 33.1 wrote:It's a shame how the Grundy boss fight Looked SO much better then the one actually in Arkham City and it's a shame that we didn't get to see more of this Two-Face in Arkham City. Overall, from what I've seen, It looks fairly average but if you have the chance to get it then go for it!

MAJOR disagree. The Grundy boss battle in Arkham Lockdown is far from superior. It's shorter, lacking in scope, and it's nothing but dodge, dodge, dodge, attack, repeat. Also, in Arkham City, you actually fight Grundy rather than just run from him. Not sure how AL's boss is "superior" exactly. And Grundy was announced officially. Spoiler tags are unnecessary here.

Okay...Well I fail to see how placing explosive gell's repetitivly on the same three spots three different times is anything but repititive, At least this game actually added a different element with the "Running to the camera gameplay" while dodging attacks and at least in Lockdown when you are fighting Grundy it takes more then three beatdowns to take him down which it rightly should. In my opinion, He was the weakest boss in Arkham City and in Lockdown he looks slightly more enjoyable.

Arkham City Lockdown is just a rehash of Croc's encounter from AA. At least in AC Grundy's battle was different. And the strategy was not immediately obvious. But more than that, I had fun fighting Grundy and he felt like a threat. Watching the gameplay for ACL, it just doesn't look that fun.
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Lex Luthor 33.1 » Dec 9th, 2011, 9:41 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:
Lex Luthor 33.1 wrote:
ShadowRaven wrote:
Lex Luthor 33.1 wrote:It's a shame how the Grundy boss fight Looked SO much better then the one actually in Arkham City and it's a shame that we didn't get to see more of this Two-Face in Arkham City. Overall, from what I've seen, It looks fairly average but if you have the chance to get it then go for it!

MAJOR disagree. The Grundy boss battle in Arkham Lockdown is far from superior. It's shorter, lacking in scope, and it's nothing but dodge, dodge, dodge, attack, repeat. Also, in Arkham City, you actually fight Grundy rather than just run from him. Not sure how AL's boss is "superior" exactly. And Grundy was announced officially. Spoiler tags are unnecessary here.

Okay...Well I fail to see how placing explosive gell's repetitivly on the same three spots three different times is anything but repititive, At least this game actually added a different element with the "Running to the camera gameplay" while dodging attacks and at least in Lockdown when you are fighting Grundy it takes more then three beatdowns to take him down which it rightly should. In my opinion, He was the weakest boss in Arkham City and in Lockdown he looks slightly more enjoyable.

Arkham City Lockdown is just a rehash of Croc's encounter from AA. At least in AC Grundy's battle was different. And the strategy was not immediately obvious. But more than that, I had fun fighting Grundy and he felt like a threat. Watching the gameplay for ACL, it just doesn't look that fun.

Im just going to say that we'll have to agree to disagree as what exactly was so similar? You run away from him? Wow, that means EVERY boss fight in Arkham City was repititive because you punch the enemy, from the looks of Lockdown it seems to take longer to take down Grundy as it should and in Arkham City it just felt boring, short and repititve just blowing up the same three objects multiple times and it made Grundy look incredibly stupid, Why didn't he just stand on one of the generators the whole time blocking Batman from blowing it up? Regardless, I just felt the boss fight of Grundy itself was rather dull and would have enjoyed it more if it were similar to Lockdown(Dodging the blows until Grundy tired himself out would have worked better in my view then blowing up three random generators).
Lex Luthor 33.1

Postby ShadowRaven » Dec 9th, 2011, 9:46 pm

1. Grundy IS stupid. -_-
2. I don't mean similar purely in terms of mechanics. I mean thematically similar. Nigh identical. The problem isn't that the bosses work the same way, it's that they feel exactly the same. In the case of Grundy, it feels identical to the Croc encounter, except that since we've seen it already, it's boring. The Arkham City boss battles may have been short, but they were cool and exciting because they all felt different. They felt unique and tailored to the villain that was involved. ACL Grundy fight lacks this.
ShadowRaven

Postby Lex Luthor 33.1 » Dec 9th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Again, Agree to disagree. Their's a difference between being stupid enough to keep trying to punch Batman and missing, And being to stupid to realize to Stand on the device which Batman is using to hurt you, For me, it just felt boring and too much like a "Video game" way of solving it rather then using your brain to solve it liek Freeze or combat like another particular part. And about your second point, The only similar theme between the fights is that their is running, and the sewers. Wow,
Spoiler: show
Scarecrow and Ra's fights used the mind to test Batman and threw Batman into distorted worlds
does that make the 2nd one boring because of the similarity? For me, No. Same as Catwoman's 2nd mission feeling the same as what Batman did last game, It felt similar but I didn't feel bored playing that as I do when fighting Grundy. Again, It's just a matter off fact that we both have different taste's in what we want to see, and I would have rather have Grundy's in the actual game rather then Lockdown but im not gonna complain about it, All im saying is that I preferred it.

And I never said the boss battles were short, I said The Grundy boss battle was short and boring for myself.
Lex Luthor 33.1

Postby ShadowRaven » Dec 9th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Meh. I still fail to see how what is clearly a cheap cash-in attempt could do anything better than the real deal.
ShadowRaven

Postby paintballforlife06 » Dec 9th, 2011, 10:47 pm

grundy is stupid and arkham city lockdown is garbage wheres the open world? this looks like it was made on the sega genesis
paintballforlife06

Favourite Villain: snooki
Favourite Graphic Novel: none

Postby Maultest » Dec 10th, 2011, 12:03 am

I played the entire game.

Bosses: Two-face, Grundy, Deathstroke, Joker

Notes:
* There really isn't a plot
* there is kinda sorta a newgame plus
* there are 3 skins, B:TAS, the dark knight returns, Batman Beyond
* each skin costs 0.99 cents. NOT UNLOCKABLE
* Joker has his infamous acid flower.
* there are 2 levels max.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby ??? » Dec 10th, 2011, 7:11 am

I liked ACL. Granted, it's no AA or AC, it's nowhere near them, I thought it was good, especially for an Ipod game. Now, if Rocksteady somehow made a story line based off this, and made it AC DLC, that would be awesome. It would have Batman exploring Arkham City, minus the walls and plus the contruction borders. You would then have to go throuh the story. Defeat Joker, Deathstroke, Two-Face, Grundy, and whomever else. I think that would be brilliant.
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby TS42 » Dec 10th, 2011, 11:02 am

arkhamcityrocks wrote:My Dad has an Iphone,but he doesn't pay for internet connection in it,which means he can't buy this.

You can connect it to your router. :)
TS42

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Croc » Dec 10th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Why do they have Solomon Grundy in my sewers!?
Croc

Favourite Villain: Ventriloquist
Favourite Graphic Novel: Broken City

Postby MarkHill256 » Dec 12th, 2011, 12:59 am

I havent been able to completely finish the game.

EDITED BY MODERATOR :robin:
MarkHill256
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby Superpapermariofreek » Dec 12th, 2011, 5:31 am

Wait, so no Catwoman, Robin, or Nightwing? Or maybe they'll be updates
"And at the end of fear, OBLIVION." -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Asylum
Superpapermariofreek

Favourite Villain: Joker, Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: haven't read any

Postby Hugo » Dec 12th, 2011, 8:20 am

Is it just me or does Deathstroke look like Aquaman in a gimp mask? I don't have/want an iGizmo so I won't be getting this.
A MAN CHOOSES, A SLAVE OBEYS
Hugo

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Lex Luthor 33.1 » Dec 12th, 2011, 10:33 am

Hugo wrote:Is it just me or does Deathstroke look like Aquaman in a gimp mask? I don't have/want an iGizmo so I won't be getting this.

The Deathstroke character model is taken from the Mortal Kombat vs Dc Universe game so it hasn't been "Arkham-ised" Which is probablly why you don't like it.
Lex Luthor 33.1

Postby Thefirerises » Dec 20th, 2011, 5:07 am

This game is pretty good considering its for Ipod/Ipad
Thefirerises

Favourite Graphic Novel: Year one

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham City News Archive