Big plot hole?

Our former name-sake, the 2011 sequel to Arkham Asylum. This is the number one place to discuss all things Batman: Arkham City.

Big plot hole?

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Sep 14th, 2015, 6:50 pm

So let me set the stage for you:

Harley Quinn steals the cure. Batman goes to find the cure. He finds Harley Quinn, tied up and gagged. And what does Batman do? Nothing.

That's always kind of annoyed me. He thinks nothing of it. The last known person to have the cure to save all of Gotham is inexplicably tied to a freaking pole and he says nothing?!

How about "where's the cure?" "Who tied you up?" "What happened to you?"

If he had inquired about that, he may have learned about Talia's involvement, wouldn't have bothered confronting Joker if he knew he had the cure, and probably could have been a little more active in stopping protocol 10.

I know this sounds ranty, but this always irked me and I don't think anyone else has ever really said anything about it.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Re: Big plot hole?

Postby smilex » Sep 16th, 2015, 3:34 pm

He probably figured Joker was done with her for that plan, like in Asylum. That being said, Harley has a gift for easily divulging info, so it is odd he didn't ask her anything.
smilex

Favourite Graphic Novel: \

Postby AW8 » Sep 25th, 2015, 12:12 am

If into the Arkham City ending you go, only pain will you find.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby M. Malone » Oct 25th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Yeah, the complaint is valid. The only thing I can offer, and again, it isn't much, is simply that Bruce must have assumed that Harley was tied up by the Joker or his goons, which wouldn't be out of character for Joker to do. Being that Batman assumed this, he would also logically assume that Joker took the cure from Harley.

As a side point, being that Talia is an assassin, why would she have bothered tying Harley up in the first place? Why not just kill her?

But again, at this point in the story, there wasn't anything (that I recall) to indicate to Bruce that Talia might be in the vicinity pulling shenanigans.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Return to Arkham City Discussion