[POLL] What's your favourite Combat map of the Arkham games?

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

What's your favourite Combat map of the Batman Arkham games?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

Re: [POLL] What's your favourite Combat map of the Arkham ga

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 4th, 2014, 1:22 am

Joker's Carnival, Iceberg Lounge VIP Room, and Wayne Armory.

Joker's Carnival gives a twist to the usual survival-type gameplay and we get to fight with Talia's guards as well as Sickle, and a Titan. While I'm not the biggest fan of fighting with Titans cause they ahve a tendency to break my combo flow but with the way the map is (enemies keep coming no matter what), I usually don't have to worry about that and can continue my combo.

Iceberg Lounge is for obvious reasons, one of my favorites. It's a survival-type map that doesn't have a time limit so I can just keep going and going so long as I'm alive. It's also where I got my 500+ combo which helped me land on the spot right on top of TFD's score so that's pretty awesome :oldyella:

There's an abundant number of TYGER guards in the Wayne Armory and I just love building up my combo higher and higher and the fact that they all have access to blades allow me to keep using Blade Dodge Takedown which gives me the highest single-move score. Except if you hit more than 10 enemies with the Bat Swarm or Group Attack or hit more than 5 with the Multi Ground Takedown. The Bat Swarm's another reason I love it, they're so many of them that I could hit about 14 of them easily with my Bat Swarm. That's x140 for whatever my combo is which almost always reaches over 100 in the third and fourth rounds.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby ProfessorSmurf » Mar 26th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Very hard to pick, but I have to go with iceberg lounge VIP room. I loved the villains such as killer croc watching you. The whole are was cool and you could rack up large combos

-- Mar 26th, 2014, 11:37 pm --

Joker's Nightmare wrote:I can't say cos I love all Combat maps. But, I chose: Survival of the fittest, Joker's Carnival and 100-1. They are not just great maps but also the background music gives me 'pump' for some reason! First two brings some old memories of AC

Joker's carnival always made me think of that games show called weakest link every time is played it but it was a very good map none-the-less
ProfessorSmurf

Postby The Oracle » Apr 5th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Joker's Carnival, 100-to-1 and Freight Train Escape. Freight Train Escape would have to be my favourite though, as I quite liked getting to fight Black Mask at the end of it and the inclusion of Mr. Hammer. And I preferred progressing from car to car for each stage rather than the level resetting.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby AW8 » May 25th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Survival of the Fittest.

It has a lot of thugs, it's plain and even ground, and the music is awesome.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Im2akillerfish » Aug 14th, 2014, 8:18 am

Voted
Dem Bones. It is so different from the other maps, and it's unlimited.
Joker Carnival. While the system takes some learning, Having Joker on a challenge map is great.
100-to-1. Actually the only combat map I play in Origins. Other maps feel too short.
Im2akillerfish
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby robert wayne » Oct 20th, 2014, 1:11 pm

For me i don't really have a favourite map i just enjoy the madness being batman
robert wayne

Favourite Villain: joker/two face
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby EmtBeyond » Oct 21st, 2014, 2:13 pm

Origins had a lot of fun combat maps, most of which were overlooked by the fact that not that many people were a huge fan of origins.
EmtBeyond

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby NoxiousDonny » Apr 27th, 2015, 9:26 am

Seems like a fairly popular opinion, seeing as it's sitting at #2 highest choice, but 100-to-1 is my favourite combat map.

I've spent many hours as Deathstroke doing the 100-to-1 map. It's great fun, and the idea of you, 1 guy, straight up taking on 100 guys is pretty sweet. Such an epic combat map!
NoxiousDonny
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby JohnBlake » May 4th, 2015, 10:10 pm

How can I choose my favourite if the series isn't finished.
JohnBlake
Banned
Banned

Favourite Villain: JohnBlake
Favourite Graphic Novel: JohnBlake

Postby MooCow » Jun 14th, 2015, 1:21 pm

For me it has to be sewer bat. It captured the dark atmosphere I loved about asylum, and you could throw thugs down a bottomless pit, that's always fun.
MooCow

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Previous

Return to General Discussion