Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Pick One

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Dick » Jun 1st, 2015, 1:47 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

Ummm excuse me? :P
Spoiler: show

Mykayla are you looking for a fight because I now have 6 seconds of Jason footage and I will absolutely wreck you

:razz:
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby The Oracle » Jun 2nd, 2015, 6:10 am

Dick wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Dick wrote:

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps?

Mykayla are you looking for a fight because I now have 6 seconds of Jason footage and I will absolutely wreck you

Just wait until we get 6 seconds of Barbara footage. ;)
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jun 2nd, 2015, 8:12 am

The Oracle wrote:
Dick wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Dick wrote:

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps?

Just wait until we get 6 seconds of Barbara footage. ;)

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby b99/bman » Jun 5th, 2015, 10:36 pm

City, Because EVERYTHING! :lol:
b99/bman

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long halloween

Postby bismp » Jun 25th, 2015, 4:13 pm

So,i bought AK(and i also preordered the season pass),but i haven't started playing yet,nor will I for the next couple of weeks,as is still have exams to take.
Reading the reviews thread(and generally reviews) most people hate the Batmobile and the absence of boss battles,while some people absolutely love the story,while others are disappointed.(and ofc there is controversy avout the "lack" of challenge maps(i never played them anyway) and the pc port).
Having said that,how would you rank AK?
I have only played AC(While i have watched the AA and AO "game movies") and i think that it is my favorite game ever,so i was hoping that AK would top that.
bismp

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 25th, 2015, 6:02 pm

bismp wrote:So,i bought AK(and i also preordered the season pass),but i haven't started playing yet,nor will I for the next couple of weeks,as is still have exams to take.
Reading the reviews thread(and generally reviews) most people hate the Batmobile and the absence of boss battles,while some people absolutely love the story,while others are disappointed.(and ofc there is controversy avout the "lack" of challenge maps(i never played them anyway) and the pc port).
I have only played AC(While i have watched the AA and AO "game movies") and i think that it is my favorite game ever,so i was hoping that AK would top that.

After completing Arkham Knight I would say City remains my favourite. Generally I love tearing around Gotham in pursuit mode and battle mode can be satisfying in small doses but there are some Batmobile based missions in Knight that I never want to play again, EVER! I honestly can't believe anyone @ Rocksteady ever thought they were enjoyable to do.

City gets everything just right for me. It gets the style and tone of everything that I love about Batman. It has that oldy world Batman '89/animated series vibe to it but with a more comic orientated feel. It saddens me that Rocksteady ended the series as they did.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby gwoodsii » Jun 25th, 2015, 6:05 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
bismp wrote:So,i bought AK(and i also preordered the season pass),but i haven't started playing yet,nor will I for the next couple of weeks,as is still have exams to take.

After completing Arkham Knight I would say City remains my favourite. Generally I love tearing around Gotham in pursuit mode and battle mode can be satisfying in small doses but there are some Batmobile based missions in Knight that I never want to play again, EVER! I honestly can't believe anyone @ Rocksteady ever thought they were enjoyable to do.

City gets everything just right for me. It gets the style and tone of everything that I love about Batman. It has that oldy world Batman '89/animated series vibe to it but with a more comic orientated feel. It saddens me that Rocksteady ended the series as they did.

I would agree with this. I loved the first 3 arkham games with City being my overall favorite. I like Arkham Knight.

I replayed the first 3 arkham games almost immediately after beating them. I think Arkham Knight will be waiting a while for me to do that.
gwoodsii

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby wonkierstarnut » Jun 26th, 2015, 2:15 am

Personally my favourite Batman game is origins, i know it's considered the weakest in the franchise but personally im more of a fan the games overall style. The game felt like a comic as for the other Arkham games they all felt like Nolan movies mixed with the graphic novels.
"Free the world, not by taking men's lives but by taking their tongues." - Ocelot
wonkierstarnut

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Death Mask

Postby cloakandcowl » Jun 28th, 2015, 10:14 am

wonkierstarnut wrote:Personally my favourite Batman game is origins, i know it's considered the weakest in the franchise but personally im more of a fan the games overall style. The game felt like a comic as for the other Arkham games they all felt like Nolan movies mixed with the graphic novels.

I find the rocksteady games try to give just as much of a nod to the movies(burton and Nolan) and tv shows as they do the books. Which I enjoy.
cloakandcowl

Postby poisonivymadhatter » Jul 4th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Asylum>Origins>City
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

thanks BANE
poisonivymadhatter

Favourite Villain: Ivy, Quinn, Talia
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby Detective Crusader » Jul 29th, 2015, 4:38 am

The worst thing that came from the series is the martial artist in Origins. ALWAYS breaks the flow of combat.
Doesn't help that my game is glitched and even in the normal game the counter icons don't show up.
Dr. Jonathan Crane plans on elevating fear to new depths.
Detective Crusader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Death Of The Family

Postby Hickz » Sep 5th, 2015, 1:01 am

1. City
2. Origins
3. Asylum

I play Arkham games for the challenge mode, so City is my number 1 pick. Origins was fun, but its many bugs took their toll on me.
Hickz

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze

Postby Arkham Lunatic » Sep 23rd, 2015, 5:08 pm

1. Arkham City
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Arkham Origins
4. Arkham Knight

Why isn't Knight added to the poll yet?
Arkham Lunatic

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One