Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Pick One

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby LiAm_SOLLO- » Mar 15th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Man, haven't been on here for a couple of years. Still one of my favorite sites though. For me, Arkham City will always be my favorite Arkham game. Asylum was great but it was when City was announced I got into the forums and joined in on all the hype for the game and it did not disappoint. I had so much fun looking for easter eggs to share with the community here. Those were the days
::D
Image
Thankyou Maultest!
User avatar
LiAm_SOLLO-
..........
..........
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Oct 3rd, 2011, 3:10 am
Location: Australia
Favourite Villain: Deathstroke, KM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Mar 22nd, 2015, 1:56 am

1-Origins, it really made feel like Batman, best story and music btw
2-Asylum, the best atmosphere ever I could literally replay it no stop for decades. I got 100% completition more than 8 times, its nostalgic and addicting.
3-City, it was ok for me, gameplay wise it was the best one by far
PriestlyBlock67
.........
.........
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mar 19th, 2013, 12:05 am
Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby TheHauntedKnight » Mar 26th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Asylum for me, nothing has replaced the experience when I first played it. The atmosphere, characters and overall tone rekindled my love for Batman and got me into Batman comics. I had no idea the game existed until I saw it at a Target as a younger kid so it was an absolute surprise. It's still my favorite game of all time.

Origins is my second favorite, and City my least favorite. I'm sure when Arkham Knight comes out that will change.
"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."
User avatar
TheHauntedKnight
...........
...........
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Apr 8th, 2011, 6:33 am
Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Benji » Mar 26th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Blatantly Asylum, although I am suprised at the level of votes City is getting, wow.
Image


Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
User avatar
Benji
..............
..............
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:44 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby TheHauntedKnight » Mar 28th, 2015, 4:24 am

Benji wrote:Blatantly Asylum, although I am suprised at the level of votes City is getting, wow.

I'd love to hear your reasons to why you prefer Asylum, as I prefer Asylum too.
"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."
User avatar
TheHauntedKnight
...........
...........
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Apr 8th, 2011, 6:33 am
Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Benji » Mar 28th, 2015, 6:36 am

TheHauntedKnight wrote:
Benji wrote:Blatantly Asylum, although I am suprised at the level of votes City is getting, wow.

I'd love to hear your reasons to why you prefer Asylum, as I prefer Asylum too.

The atmosphere, constant claustrophobic feeling, the right amount of villains, Joker on the speakerphone, and pretty much everything else make it the perfect game.
Image


Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
User avatar
Benji
..............
..............
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:44 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby TheJester » Mar 28th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Benji wrote:
TheHauntedKnight wrote:
Benji wrote:Blatantly Asylum, although I am suprised at the level of votes City is getting, wow.

I'd love to hear your reasons to why you prefer Asylum, as I prefer Asylum too.

The atmosphere, constant claustrophobic feeling, the right amount of villains, Joker on the speakerphone, and pretty much everything else make it the perfect game.

Add the insane amount of easter eggs and voice acting to your list, and those are all of my reasons for loving the game too :)
Image
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
User avatar
TheJester
...............
...............
 
Posts: 4908
Joined: Feb 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Mar 29th, 2015, 12:03 am

I will always love Arkham Asylum. The story is defintely my favorite out of the 3. The atmosphere is better, the voice acting is better. But Arkham City's gameplay sets it apart from the pack for me. With video games gameplay is king.

AA will always be my second favorite game of all time though. Right behind AC.
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 29th, 2015, 7:43 am

Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Dick » Mar 29th, 2015, 7:56 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 29th, 2015, 8:13 am

Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby RAID3N » Apr 2nd, 2015, 5:35 pm

Asylum: the atmosphere filled with personal nostalgia accompanied by the best score

City: best gameplay, bigger universe (both physically and metaphorically) but totally a different atmosphere

and I'm in denial about the existence of some sort of a prequel game, so, Asylum all the way.

Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

Unless he's another case of "Deathstroke DLC" or non-talking like Nightwing in City.

Which I doubt, but I'm still skeptical until I see anything about him except promo pics.
Image
formerly BartMan992
User avatar
RAID3N
............
............
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Feb 17th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 2nd, 2015, 5:45 pm

RAID3N wrote:
Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

Unless he's another case of "Deathstroke DLC" or non-talking like Nightwing in City.

Which I doubt, but I'm still skeptical until I see anything about him except promo pics.

He's not. We have enough details on him that say otherwise. He talks. He kills.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby Dick » Apr 2nd, 2015, 6:28 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
RAID3N wrote:
Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

Unless he's another case of "Deathstroke DLC" or non-talking like Nightwing in City.

Which I doubt, but I'm still skeptical until I see anything about him except promo pics.

He's not. We have enough details on him that say otherwise. He talks. He kills.

He is glorious.

Even if he was just like all the other characters DLCs he'd still get a 10/10.
Spoiler: show
Jason.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:Jason


  • Jason

J A S O N

Jason

Jason


join me salad
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Arkham Asylum VS Arkham City VS Arkham Origins

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 2nd, 2015, 7:03 pm

Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
RAID3N wrote:
Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Here's what I think each entry has the best of.

Asylum: Atmosphere and setting/world
City: Gameplay/features
Origins: Story, character design, and boss battles

I wonder what I'll think of Knight... Best new additional playable character, perhaps? :alfred:

Knight: JASON

Unless he's another case of "Deathstroke DLC" or non-talking like Nightwing in City.

Which I doubt, but I'm still skeptical until I see anything about him except promo pics.

He's not. We have enough details on him that say otherwise. He talks. He kills.

He is glorious.

Even if he was just like all the other characters DLCs he'd still get a 10/10.
Spoiler: show
Jason.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:Jason


  • Jason

J A S O N

Jason

Jason


join me salad

Mmm, that he is.

Say it with me, people.
J a s o n

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron