How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby Joker's Nightmare » Jul 22nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

I don't know how to respond but they introduced a lot of new things but screwed up few. I love the combat and new gadget like voice synthesizer but where is Bat Swarm? That's the best way to improve combo multiplier. Or is it already there and I haven't used it yet or upgraded? Even I don't see anyone using in Youtube videos too.
User avatar
Joker's Nightmare
.........
.........
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 31st, 2013, 10:55 am
Favourite Villain: Joker, Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 22nd, 2015, 4:26 pm

Joker's Nightmare wrote:I don't know how to respond but they introduced a lot of new things but screwed up few. I love the combat and new gadget like voice synthesizer but where is Bat Swarm? That's the best way to improve combo multiplier. Or is it already there and I haven't used it yet or upgraded? Even I don't see anyone using in Youtube videos too.

It's not there :cry: It hurt to find out that it wasn't in the game as it was my favorite move in Arkham City. It was not only great for getting points in Combat Maps (which we don't even have, lol), but it was the best crowd control move we had. Special Combo Batarang's a great replacement, though. As in, in terms of being a crowd control move.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby M. Malone » Jul 22nd, 2015, 6:01 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
M. Malone wrote:^^^ Yes, but would the villains really ever team up? In the sense that they would coordinate plans and such? I wouldn't buy that as realistic. Most of Batman's villains are crazy and need straightjackets. And they are way too narcissistic to ever cooperate together.

... Not trying to poo-poo on individual wants of others, but I just find the idea of the villains teaming up very out of character for them, and I much prefer the way they had it in the game.

Well, err, yeah... But, uhh, but, you know... IT WOULD BE COOL

:oldyella:

No, but really, I think that's what would make it really interesting. The dynamic between the reluctant teammates, so to speak. The more-than-likely possibility of them ruining their plans because they want to cut somebody's throat, etc.

I understand your point, though. It and what we got makes sense.


It would have been a smart and in character thing imo.
Nobody of them wants to work together, but after the jokers death...all their stuff seemed to slowly blow up.
They all began to lose the edge, their grip on the city...so despite them not liking each other, working together would be neccessary.
Until the expected and obvious fight between them breaks out.

I would have loved to see that.
SUddenly Gotham would be a all out battlefield, militia fighting the cops, penguin, two- face.
Everywhere are gunfights, penguin and Two Face clash.

It would have made a interesting dynamic imo, you could listen to them all taunting each other, trying to outplay and stuff.


Yeah, I agree, however, we kindaaa got that in City. It was pretty benign though.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 22nd, 2015, 6:06 pm

M. Malone wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
M. Malone wrote:^^^ Yes, but would the villains really ever team up? In the sense that they would coordinate plans and such? I wouldn't buy that as realistic. Most of Batman's villains are crazy and need straightjackets. And they are way too narcissistic to ever cooperate together.

... Not trying to poo-poo on individual wants of others, but I just find the idea of the villains teaming up very out of character for them, and I much prefer the way they had it in the game.

Well, err, yeah... But, uhh, but, you know... IT WOULD BE COOL

:oldyella:

No, but really, I think that's what would make it really interesting. The dynamic between the reluctant teammates, so to speak. The more-than-likely possibility of them ruining their plans because they want to cut somebody's throat, etc.

I understand your point, though. It and what we got makes sense.


It would have been a smart and in character thing imo.
Nobody of them wants to work together, but after the jokers death...all their stuff seemed to slowly blow up.
They all began to lose the edge, their grip on the city...so despite them not liking each other, working together would be neccessary.
Until the expected and obvious fight between them breaks out.

I would have loved to see that.
SUddenly Gotham would be a all out battlefield, militia fighting the cops, penguin, two- face.
Everywhere are gunfights, penguin and Two Face clash.

It would have made a interesting dynamic imo, you could listen to them all taunting each other, trying to outplay and stuff.


Yeah, I agree, however, we kindaaa got that in City. It was pretty benign though.


That is true...kind of.
So it makes a bit sense that they didnt go through with it...if the marketing wouldnt have made it look like that.
Seriously, one of the last tv spots even had a scene with all them being together...what the hell?!
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 22nd, 2015, 8:21 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
M. Malone wrote:^^^ Yes, but would the villains really ever team up? In the sense that they would coordinate plans and such? I wouldn't buy that as realistic. Most of Batman's villains are crazy and need straightjackets. And they are way too narcissistic to ever cooperate together.

... Not trying to poo-poo on individual wants of others, but I just find the idea of the villains teaming up very out of character for them, and I much prefer the way they had it in the game.

Well, err, yeah... But, uhh, but, you know... IT WOULD BE COOL

:oldyella:

No, but really, I think that's what would make it really interesting. The dynamic between the reluctant teammates, so to speak. The more-than-likely possibility of them ruining their plans because they want to cut somebody's throat, etc.

I understand your point, though. It and what we got makes sense.


It would have been a smart and in character thing imo.
Nobody of them wants to work together, but after the jokers death...all their stuff seemed to slowly blow up.
They all began to lose the edge, their grip on the city...so despite them not liking each other, working together would be neccessary.
Until the expected and obvious fight between them breaks out.

I would have loved to see that.
SUddenly Gotham would be a all out battlefield, militia fighting the cops, penguin, two- face.
Everywhere are gunfights, penguin and Two Face clash.

It would have made a interesting dynamic imo, you could listen to them all taunting each other, trying to outplay and stuff.


Yeah, I agree, however, we kindaaa got that in City. It was pretty benign though.


That is true...kind of.
So it makes a bit sense that they didnt go through with it...if the marketing wouldnt have made it look like that.
Seriously, one of the last tv spots even had a scene with all them being together...what the hell?!

The trailers and pictures had a lot of things featured that didn't appear in the game. The villains meet up, Batman standing on the GCPD rooftop with Robin and & Nightwing and also Alfred in the bat cave just to name a few.

I think to have Penguin and Two-Face go to war again would be extremely similar to the gang wars that occurred in Arkham City.

A lot of the Batman rogues aren't team players but I still think its possible to see them work together. There are a lot of partnerships and friendships amongst villains in comics like Poison Ivy and Harley or Scarecrow and Riddler (although I don't think they explored that friendship) and even Firefly and Killer Moth, which would make a united rogues gallery more achievable.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jul 24th, 2015, 7:40 am

- Actual Boss Fights

- Make the Batmobile just a transport and battle vehicle. Don't force us to use it for Every. Single. Damn. Thing!
Spoiler: show
I mean, I don't mind battling some tanks here and there once in a while(I can't deny that it is kinda fun, actually), UNLESS... They put a significant villain inside of a bigger tank and call it a boss fight. It's in cases like this that I end up saying: ENOUGH!


- Riddler challenge maps that do not require the use of the Batmobile.
Spoiler: show
That's the part of the game where I had to take a break, due to some headaches. BTW How exactly race tracks are going to prove that you're intellectually superior to your enemy? I don't get it.


- Better side missions.
Spoiler: show
Some of them were really disappointing, to say the least. Whether it's because you needed to take down a villain using the batmobile(*cough* Firefly *cough*), or because the villain didn't put up a fight(*cough* Two-Face *cough*), or the side mission itself was just plain ridiculous(*cough* Hush *cough*). I expected more... *Sigh*


- Better use of some villains' potentials.
Spoiler: show
Harley is a great example of what I'm talking about


- Bigger roster of villains

- Challenge Maps(a la Arkham City)
Spoiler: show
It's just so frustating to me the fact that they got rid of the CM in this game. I still don't get the point of having skins for the other "playable" characters, if you're only going to play as them for 10 minutes(at most)!
*Sigh*


Spoiler: show
For now, these are the only things that come to my mind(I still haven't activated the Knightfall protocol). :)

P.S.: I used the spoiler tags in here mostly to express my anger. Don't bother opening it. ;)
Image
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
User avatar
BrunoBKMazing
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby Papa Lazarou » Jul 24th, 2015, 8:37 am

I thought it should have ended in Arkham Asylum and brought the game series full circle,

When you enter Scarecrows van I was certain you'd wake up in decrepit abandoned Asylum, trying to find your way out whilst under the influence of the Toxin. Seeing Talia, Joker, Ra's, Hugo etc kind of like the Ghosts of Christmas past. It would have been an awesome yet nostalgic end to the series.

This wouldn't have needed to come at the expense of the actual end as the Joker as that could have happened after when you've caught up with Scarecrow

I was gutted we didn't go back to iconic City or Asylum locations
Papa Lazarou
..
..
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2015, 2:06 pm
Favourite Villain: Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby The Oracle » Aug 2nd, 2015, 10:53 am

-Boss fights. They were missed. At the very least they could have copied the
Spoiler: show
Deathstroke fight from AO instead of the abysmal tank retread.


Spoiler: show
-More Jason hallucinations, showing him when he was Robin. We didn't get to know Jason as a person enough to make the reveal have any weight or emotion to it.

-Actually following up on what was set up in AC. They completely ignored Hush and Riddler having fear toxin, implying they were working with Scarecrow, tossed Hush aside in an awful side mission and even Azrael's was pretty underwhelming. It felt like a completely different game was in their heads with AC.

-Cut down on the tank battles. Driving in the Batmobile is fun, being forced to use it at every turn is not.

-Return of Riddler hostages.

-CHALLENGE MAPS. It's horrible of Rocksteady to hold back on them only to sell them later.

-Harley, Two Face and Penguin should have been more involved. I have no idea why the plan required them or Ivy, they were pretty superfluous. They don't need to team up exactly, but I feel like their roles could have been bigger than they were.

-Some actual resolution for Jason.

-No Barbara being kidnapped, no Barbara/Tim and Jason should have had at least one encounter with Tim, going after him out of jealousy and anger over being replaced. While on this note, more dual play and more of the side kicks in general. Tim and Dick should have appeared more in the main story, like the Tim v Jason idea there and Barbara should have been more like she was in the third act than spending a good amount of the game having the impact of a lamp.

-I would have also liked to have seen more allies in the side missions. Like you do Penguin with Dick, Two Face with Tim, replace the underwhelming cult subplot with the Religion of Crime with Batwoman, have the Birds of Prey join in taking on the militia, etc...

-Free roam as other characters


At least that's what I can think of for the time being.
Image
User avatar
The Oracle
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Jan 27th, 2012, 5:59 am
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 2nd, 2015, 4:42 pm

The Oracle wrote:-Boss fights. They were missed. At the very least they could have copied the
Spoiler: show
Deathstroke fight from AO instead of the abysmal tank retread.


Spoiler: show
-More Jason hallucinations, showing him when he was Robin. We didn't get to know Jason as a person enough to make the reveal have any weight or emotion to it.

-Actually following up on what was set up in AC. They completely ignored Hush and Riddler having fear toxin, implying they were working with Scarecrow, tossed Hush aside in an awful side mission and even Azrael's was pretty underwhelming. It felt like a completely different game was in their heads with AC.

-Cut down on the tank battles. Driving in the Batmobile is fun, being forced to use it at every turn is not.

-Return of Riddler hostages.

-CHALLENGE MAPS. It's horrible of Rocksteady to hold back on them only to sell them later.

-Harley, Two Face and Penguin should have been more involved. I have no idea why the plan required them or Ivy, they were pretty superfluous. They don't need to team up exactly, but I feel like their roles could have been bigger than they were.

-Some actual resolution for Jason.

-No Barbara being kidnapped, no Barbara/Tim and Jason should have had at least one encounter with Tim, going after him out of jealousy and anger over being replaced. While on this note, more dual play and more of the side kicks in general. Tim and Dick should have appeared more in the main story, like the Tim v Jason idea there and Barbara should have been more like she was in the third act than spending a good amount of the game having the impact of a lamp.

-I would have also liked to have seen more allies in the side missions. Like you do Penguin with Dick, Two Face with Tim, replace the underwhelming cult subplot with the Religion of Crime with Batwoman, have the Birds of Prey join in taking on the militia, etc...

-Free roam as other characters


At least that's what I can think of for the time being.

All of this.

---

I was actually thinking about Arkham Knight earlier on my way home. I thought of how it didn't really even feel like an "Arkham" game in terms of story, how there was no connection with the Asylum or Quincy Sharp or anything of the sort. No TITAN either. The only "Arkham" in the game was the titular villain, who only used the name because of the location, not what the location meant in connection to the past two games.

It's practically a standalone game. Very ironic, considering that Rocksteady refers to Knight as the "explosive finale to the Batman Arkham trilogy." It's a third game in a series of games, but it's not a conclusion. The effects of Joker's death could only be felt through Batman, nowhere else. It really is a game that stands on its own. *sighs*

It's really disappointing how disappointing the game is, the more that I think about it...
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby legion » Jan 6th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Been putting a lot of thought of what I'd change about Arkham Knight. Here's what I got so far:
Story:
Side Missions:
    Azrael- Firstly, I'd would have Azrael fighting actual people instead of the simulations, with a two predator and combat experiences each. I'd keep in the part where Azrael's memories are decoded by Bruce but instead of Azrael showing up at Oracle's clock tower, I would have him challenge Batman to one final test underneath the church where Ivy's 2nd plant spawns.
    After hitting a hidden switch on the wall of the church, we descend into the lair of the Order of Saint Dumas. We come across a large open arena, the members of the Order watching from up above, where Azrael challenges us to the right to be Batman. He now sports a new suit which is a mix of his outfit in Knightfall and the outfit from "Batman: Sword of Azrael vol 11". Boss fight ensues, after which we then have the decision to kill Bruce or not.
    If you decide to kill Batman, Bruce will knock him out and then fight the rest of the Order. If you decide to spare him, Azrael and Batman will fight the remaining members of the Order. After a handshake, Azrael disappears vowing to save Gotham.

    Deacon Blackfire- Much like the Azrael mission, I'd give this one a bit of an over hall. I'd have the mission start like normal with Ryder disappearing but instead of being held at the Lady of Gotham, I'd have him being held in the sewers. We find Ryder running from a few cultists, as we engage them Ryder gets cornered by one and is about to get killed before he removes a patch on his arm and becomes...The Creeper.
    After kicking the crap out the cultist, he helps Batman take down the remaining ones. Batman tries to get Jack to put the patch back on but he refuses and runs off to find Blackfire, after a wardrobe change of course. We find him later, now sporting a more traditional Creeper costume, beating up more cultists, trying to find out where Blackfire is. After we get the info out of him, we head to the LOG to confront Blackfire. The in game fight ensues, only bigger with some Duel-Team takedowns thrown in before we catch Blackfire. Creeper rambles on for a bit before we inject him a sedative which knocks him out, not before saying something along the lines of "Nap Time". Take both to the GCPD and done.

    Man-Bat- This one is probably the one I'd change the least out of all the side missions, seeing as how this one is an easy fix. Basically replace the Firefly chases with Man-Bat in his place. Only instead of them being Batmobile chases, I would have had it as a gliding challenge with the mid-air gadgets thrown in. With each encounter getting harder and harder, as Man-Bat only gets faster. Which would be offset if you upgrade your grapple gun to the max level.
    Firefly-
    Penguin-
Last edited by legion on Jan 10th, 2016, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sanity is Overrated
Image
User avatar
legion
..........
..........
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Jun 7th, 2011, 3:52 pm
Location: The line between Sanity and Madness
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby HaHaHa » Jan 9th, 2016, 4:07 pm

There's so much to correct in Knight that you'd basically have to go right back to the beginning of production and change about 80% of the game.
"don't you know I'm loco"
User avatar
HaHaHa
............
............
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 10th, 2016, 7:21 am

legion wrote:Azrael- Firstly, I'd would have Azrael fighting actual people instead of the simulations, with a two predator and combat experiences each. I'd keep in the part where Azrael's memories are decoded by Bruce but instead of Azrael showing up at Oracle's clock tower, I would have him challenge Batman to one final test underneath the church where Ivy's 2nd plant spawns.
After hitting a hidden switch on the wall of the church, we descend into the lair of the Order of Saint Dumas. We come across a large open arena, the members of the Order watching from up above, where Azrael challenges us to the right to be Batman. He now sports a new suit which is a mix of his outfit in Knightfall and the outfit from "Batman: Sword of Azrael vol 11". Boss fight ensues, after which we then have the decision to kill Bruce or not.
If you decide to kill Batman, Bruce will knock him out and then fight the rest of the Order. If you decide to spare him, Azrael and Batman will fight the remaining members of the Order. After a handshake, Azrael disappears vowing to save Gotham.

Hmm... I like that. Quite a lot.
I wish Azrael was more involved in the main story of the actual game, though. His side mission was indeed kind of a disappointment. *sigh*
Image
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
User avatar
BrunoBKMazing
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby Dick » Jan 10th, 2016, 4:07 pm

Deleting it from existence sounds good to me
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jan 10th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Dick wrote:Deleting it from existence sounds good to me

But what about all the Jason :cry:
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: How Would You Make Arkham Knight Better?

Postby Red leader » Jan 10th, 2016, 10:20 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
Dick wrote:Deleting it from existence sounds good to me

But what about all the Jason :cry:

keep the tie in comic and then torch the place. :oldyella: Firefly would be proud.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
User avatar
Red leader
...........
...........
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Oct 20th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Location: Arkham asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron