Most likely Origins 2 antagonist

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

You may select 1 option

View results

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jan 24th, 2016, 12:01 am

With all the talk of a second prequel game, I figured we'd get realistic and talk about who we're actually going to see (and y'all know I love to speculate). I think I've wittled it down to the five most buzzed about villains/villainous organizations.

Who do you think is most likely, based on fan reaction, marketing pushes, story perspective, popularity, etc. If it's one of the groups feel free to share WHO would make up those groups. Thanks!
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Re: Most likely Origins 2 antagonist

Postby gwoodsii » Jan 24th, 2016, 1:37 am

Two face will be a factor but I think The Suicide squad will get a major focus, especially if its coming out this year.
gwoodsii

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 24th, 2016, 2:30 am

I voted for The Court of Owls but on second thought I'd prefer the League of Assassins. The court is a large threat and would lead to an incredible story. The talons rival Batman as a fighter and trying to work our way out of a never ending maze while a Talon chases in pursuit and the court watches on in amusement would be amazing. But I would want a diverse rogues gallery, and the Court wouldn't want other villains destroying there city, so it would be better if they were featured in a DLC like HQR and Mr Freezes CCH.

The League has a lot of assassins and connections that can be used, some that we've seen before like Shiva, Bane, Talia and Bronze Tiger but also some who would be making their debut like Cheshire, David Cain and Sensei. Plus, they could use the villains residing in Gotham to try to destroy the city and distract Batman.

Although, If the Court was the main villain, we could have several Gotham stories with different members of the Batfamily dealing with different Talons.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jan 24th, 2016, 3:04 am

I myself voted for the Court of Owls. I think the concept of Talons, mazes, and creepy masks just works great in the Arkham World. That game could not take place in a single night, though, and the presence of many citizens/NPCs is actually pretty vital to the story. So they would have to switch up their formula.

As for other villains, I would be content with them just having a bunch of side missions for Batman and his allies (which at that point in the series would be Dick, Barbara, and Selina).

I'm also torn between them and the League. I definitely believe that the Arkhamverse needs another League story to tell a complete story arc about them and it's relationship with Batman. We've gotten pretty small glimpses of Talia, Nyssa, and Shiva, so just use them. Honestly, three strong, diverse women attacking a city at the behest of a power-mad zealot is a damn good story of you ask me.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby Red leader » Jan 24th, 2016, 6:15 am

I think two face is a definite at this point. I think the court and league would be to much as well as the squad but I think the squad will be there and the court and league will get cameos. I bet joker will be locked away but will cameo at the end or any point at arkham. I think the main story might also have hatter in it. Robin being there might cause wrath and scorn or at least I hope they show up.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby The man who laughs » Jan 24th, 2016, 9:45 am

I want it to take itself back to its roots. Have gangs overriding the city, the rise of two face and showing that the "freaks," are gothams future, not want to be gang leaders

So I want two face, gangs, villains like ratcather who hasn't been in an Arkham game, I want corruption as well

I want a drivable Arkham asylum car and missions like apc ones where you need to stop a bank heist and chase an armoured car with the money. Another one would to chase an armoured car carrying weapons or drugs

I want DLC featuring Jason Todd and batgirl

Please WB make this happen
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Jokerkim » Jan 24th, 2016, 6:04 pm

I voted for Two Face, although I believe Suicide Squad is the most likely with how Arkham Origins ended and what was featured in AO: Blackgate.

Having said that, my biggest wish is for Two Face to really shine in AO2 with The Long Halloween as the biggest influence storywise. I think that story (including Dark Victory) has endless opportunities and would make for a great game!

Then, in AO3... enter the Court of Owls!
"They do The Dark Knight, and I did The Bright Knight." -Adam West
Jokerkim

Favourite Villain: Joker/The Riddler

Postby AW8 » Jan 24th, 2016, 6:34 pm

I want it to be Two-Face, and I think it's very likely that he's playing a main role in the game. Unless they want to jump ahead a few years and already have him be Two-Face, the fall of Harvey Dent is the next logical step on the timeline.

But the main antagonist? 4 games have taught us by now that the main villain will always be Joker. He'll probably be responsible for Harvey's facial injuries like in The Dark Knight.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby pukipuki » Jan 24th, 2016, 8:06 pm

I'm pretty sure it will revolve around Harv. The suicide squad is gonna be stand alone game to come out before Origins 2 to be released close to the release date of the squad movie. Its not gonna have harley quinn. Harley will be in origins 2 game where she will go through the whole "bocoming Harley" stuff. All of this is spekulations. I'm done.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jan 24th, 2016, 9:35 pm

To be honest I don't really see the allure to a villain like Harvey. Rocksteady has made it clear that he is a glorified bank robber. They haven't given us any depth so I feel no real connection to him anymore.

I also just like the idea of secret societies and stuff, so I'm really digging the court right now. I only wonder how they would populate the game world with enemies, when they are kind of more political villains than physical threats, save for the Talons. But I don't want a million Talons. There should only be one or two.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby DatBat » Jan 25th, 2016, 1:33 am

S Q U A D

Maybe sans Harley, at least to begin with. In Origins she had just met Joker, we can't skip over all of her first run as Harley. Maybe the game will start out with you fighting Joker and Harley and locking them up in Arkham and then having to head back because Harley has been taken.

Also Court Of Owls could be funding part of the Squad operation and then come into play entirely in Origins 3.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby M. Malone » Jan 25th, 2016, 11:48 pm

I voted on what I want the most, not what is most likely. The 'law of averages' dictates that the Joker will be the most likely antagonist. :oldyella:

But what I WANT the most is the Court of Owls.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby kain9998 » Jan 26th, 2016, 5:22 am

Most likely? I voted Joker. Who I'd like to see? Long Halloween-styled game that shows the rise and fall of Harvey Dent. But we all know how the Arkham games are with Joker. Even if they did do Two-Face I almost bet Joker'd be the one to transform him.
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 26th, 2016, 11:25 am

kain9998 wrote:Most likely? I voted Joker. Who I'd like to see? Long Halloween-styled game that shows the rise and fall of Harvey Dent. But we all know how the Arkham games are with Joker. Even if they did do Two-Face I almost bet Joker'd be the one to transform him.

I really hope not. At this point, Joker shouldn't have any influence at all. No one wanted him in Arkham Knight and yet he was the main villain in a sense. Also, Joker's reveal in Arkham Origins was something that let the game down in my opinion because it's started to feel like the Joker is an easy way out for the developers. Other villains like Two-Face are perfectly capable of carrying a game by them selves without Joker. Imagine the anticlimax if you were chasing down the holiday killer and it was simply the Joker.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Mani-Man » Jan 26th, 2016, 11:32 am

The Court of owls would be a really nice thing, but Two Face deserves a main role in an arkham game.
He has been treated very badly by the arkham games so far...his downfall and all in a game, would be cool.
Mani-Man

Next

Return to General Discussion