Most likely Origins 2 antagonist

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Most likely Origins 2 antagonist

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Most likely Origins 2 antagonist

Postby pukipuki » Jan 26th, 2016, 7:28 pm

Actually, I think the developers, I mean the writers think

"We shouldn't have the joker. People are getting sick of him"

Then they're like

"Eh, it IS a Batman game..... Lets give him a lil' cameo"

Then,

"OK, there he is. A side mission, small one too. But, um, I just feel like we are missing potential here. I guess, we can add him to the story for like one info gathering scene.... Eh, maybe just a cutscene"

And in the end

"There, DONE! main villain is scarecrow. No, really, he is. I mean we didn't give him a boss fight. Then again, whom did we? lol. And the joker is just cutscenes, no internal meaning at all. He is just a hallucination...... Hmm, maybe, idk, seems like, missed potential again.... Heck, YOU PLAY AS JOKER FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES! I know we have to change everytthing, but that's what we have done like 5 times already. Oh, we forgot Harley again? Eh, we'll just add her to the new exposition we're adding to make the joker gameplay makes sense!"
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Red leader » Jan 26th, 2016, 9:03 pm

pukipuki wrote:Actually, I think the developers, I mean the writers think

Then they're like

Then,

"OK, there he is. A side mission, small one too. But, um, I just feel like we are missing potential here. I guess, we can add him to the story for like one info gathering scene.... Eh, maybe just a cutscene"

And in the end

"There, DONE! main villain is scarecrow. No, really, he is. I mean we didn't give him a boss fight. Then again, whom did we? lol. And the joker is just cutscenes, no internal meaning at all. He is just a hallucination...... Hmm, maybe, idk, seems like, missed potential again.... Heck, YOU PLAY AS JOKER FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES! I know we have to change everytthing, but that's what we have done like 5 times already. Oh, we forgot Harley again? Eh, we'll just add her to the new exposition we're adding to make the joker gameplay makes sense!"

And whats sad about that is that Origins gets more shit for their Joker but at least they owned up to it and said "we have a story to tell with him" and they told that story and it worked.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby pukipuki » Jan 27th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Red leader wrote:
pukipuki wrote:Actually, I think the developers, I mean the writers think

Then they're like

Then,

And in the end

And whats sad about that is that Origins gets more shit for their Joker but at least they owned up to it and said "we have a story to tell with him" and they told that story and it worked.

Yeah! AK gets way less shit than Origins when its way worse in a storytelling. I just, can't understand why! They used the joker perfectly!
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Postby Mr Wayne » Jan 29th, 2016, 10:05 pm

A Long Halloween style game would be amazing.

Rise and fall of HD, id be all in.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby DatBat » Jan 29th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Mr Wayne wrote:A Long Halloween style game would be amazing.

I sat here for too long wondering what the rise and fall of high definition meant before it clicked that it meant Harvey Dent. :oldyella:
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby AW8 » Feb 3rd, 2016, 12:59 am

pukipuki wrote:
Spoiler: show

Then they're like

Then,

And in the end

Nail on the head, Pukipuki! It really feels like adding Joker into the game will inevitably have him end up being the main villain, and the only way to be safe is to skip him entirely.

It would be amazing if they made a Harvey Dent game and managed such restraint as to only have Joker show up behind a glass pane in the ending cutscene, welcoming Two-Face to Arkham. That way it would feel like a natural continuation of the story in Origins, without having Joker being the focus of everything.

Red leader wrote:And whats sad about that is that Origins gets more shit for their Joker but at least they owned up to it and said "we have a story to tell with him" and they told that story and it worked.

pukipuki wrote:Yeah! AK gets way less shit than Origins when its way worse in a storytelling. I just, can't understand why! They used the joker perfectly!

I can't speak for every player, but the Joker reveal in Origins made me think "Really, Joker again?" and rant for months years on internet forums. While in Knight it was entirely expected that Joker would somehow steal the show again, thus lessening the blow.

Origins Joker was fantastic, even better than Rocksteady's Joker, but I was highly intrigued to see what they would do with Black Mask. And then it turns out he was just a patsy all along. For Knight, I expected the story to be garbage and was not disappointed. (Well actually, I was still disappointed over the lack of a proper ending, I'd rather have a bad ending than whatever the POW the ending in Knight was...)

DatBat wrote:
Mr Wayne wrote:A Long Halloween style game would be amazing.

I sat here for too long wondering what the rise and fall of high definition meant before it clicked that it meant Harvey Dent. :oldyella:

I read it as "Rise and Fall in HD" and for a few seconds I thought Mr Wayne wanted a remake of a Batman SNES game or something.

BATMAN: RISE AND FALL
INSPIRED BY THE GRAPHIC NOVEL BY JEPH LOEB
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby pukipuki » Feb 3rd, 2016, 1:27 pm

AW8 wrote:
pukipuki wrote:
Spoiler: show

Then they're like

Then,

And in the end

Nail on the head, Pukipuki! It really feels like adding Joker into the game will inevitably have him end up being the main villain, and the only way to be safe is to skip him entirely.

It would be amazing if they made a Harvey Dent game and managed such restraint as to only have Joker show up behind a glass pane in the ending cutscene, welcoming Two-Face to Arkham. That way it would feel like a natural continuation of the story in Origins, without having Joker being the focus of everything.

Red leader wrote:And whats sad about that is that Origins gets more shit for their Joker but at least they owned up to it and said "we have a story to tell with him" and they told that story and it worked.

pukipuki wrote:Yeah! AK gets way less shit than Origins when its way worse in a storytelling. I just, can't understand why! They used the joker perfectly!

I can't speak for every player, but the Joker reveal in Origins made me think "Really, Joker again?" and rant for months years on internet forums. While in Knight it was entirely expected that Joker would somehow steal the show again, thus lessening the blow.

Origins Joker was fantastic, even better than Rocksteady's Joker, but I was highly intrigued to see what they would do with Black Mask. And then it turns out he was just a patsy all along. For Knight, I expected the story to be garbage and was not disappointed. (Well actually, I was still disappointed over the lack of a proper ending, I'd rather have a bad ending than whatever the POW the ending in Knight was...)

Well, the only indication we had of Joker being in the main story was the age old "Joker is the main villain" cliche of the arkham games. Otherwise, all we got was "JOKER IS DEAD!!!!!!!!"
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Postby JakeFreeman256 » Feb 25th, 2016, 8:42 pm

If it was who I wanted most, my vote would 100% go to the Court of Owls. Realistically though, it'll be Joker. It's always Joker, in some way or another.
"Enjoy yourself out there... in the asylum. Just don't forget -- if it ever gets too tough... there's always a place for you here."
JakeFreeman256

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Previous

Return to General Discussion