Dream Batman game!

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Dream Batman game!

Postby cyruslemont » Jan 30th, 2016, 10:23 am

So is that it for Rocksteady? Really feels more like a fizzle than a bang due to the lack of substance presented in the story DLC. Arkham Knight was a pretty great game but had its pitfalls. I also got this really terrible feeling that the game was supposed to be a lot more. I really wish there was more interaction with the greater extended DCCU as well as having more screen time and role playing as alter egos.

I have no idea what the next big DC game will be, but I really wouldn't mind WB doing a proper cel shaded Batman The Animated series open world that would have a modular layout allowing for additional content, but also giving players a lot from the get go.

The Batman (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Welcome to Gotham City
-Based on the original sketches and designs from Batman The Animated Series, WB Montreal have recreated Gotham city as accurately as you will ever see. Watch it expand and evolve as you play through BTAS missions inspired by each episode of the series. Visit and explore popular locales such as Wayne Enterprises, Ace Chemicals, Arkham Asylum, Wayne Manor and more!

Meet the family
-Explore Gotham as any of the popular Bat family characters, completing side quests that bring unlikely allegiances, tackle challenges and races seamlessly integrated into the comic book aesthetic. All the while finding collectables to upgrade outfits, weapons and vehicles. Everything you do progresses the main story leading to the next episode or movie inspired quest!

Wheels...and wings!
-Fly the Batwing, drive the Batmobile, ride the Batboat and more! You are not limited to just Batman's range of vehicles.

A true Batcave
-Visit the Batcave and watch it evolve as you play out Batman The Animated Series inspired volumes (Series 1 & 2 included as well as a variety of movies.) which will continue with expansion packs available standalone or in the season pass.

City Caves
-Build fortresses across the city to help survey and maintain justice in Gotham.

Multiplayer
-From Cops and Robbers to Family Feud, the scope of multiplayer can take you from swinging across rooftops to high speed pursuits on the streets, into the water and the air!

Beyond Gotham pre-order bonus
-Pre-order now to receive an exclusive Terry McGinnis outfit as well as some exclusive missions playing his early days in Future Gotham.

I ended up rushing it because I figured it's just a fantasy and I feel like I'll get too engrossed in something that may never happen. But entertaining ideas is always fun! What do you want to see in the next Batman video game?
cyruslemont

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: SHouse/SEarth

Re: Dream Batman game!

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 31st, 2016, 12:01 am

Arkham Legacy
You're totally right that Arkham Knight didn't live up to the hype and was an anticlimax for the Arkham series. This is a way to redo that and give the Arkham games the end they deserve.

Story
Two years after the Batman died, Gotham remained peaceful with the bat family retaining the peace. However, the League of Assassins show up with a huge force in Gotham against there word and kill several leading figures in Gotham City including Jim Gordon who became mayor and the new police commissioner, Jason Bard. This leads Gotham to an all out panic with residents leaving in their numbers. The city fears that without Batman, they cannot survive. Yet Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, Robin, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) & Batwoman all stay to protect it against the incoming threat. As the League tighten their grip on Gotham, several villains thought to be dead or gone resurface to cause chaos, which the league encourages.
The League's main goal is to destroy the city in honour of its old master, Ra's al Ghul. With Alfred and Batman gone, and the others having little knowledge of Batman's final encounter with the league, they set out to investigate this unexpected return. After researching through Bruce's old accounts of his encounters in AK which he kept on the bat computer, the heroes find out that Nyssa Raakto was the last to hold control of the League but she promised to stay clear of Gotham and avoid from killing innocent people. Its revealed soon after that the rebels who thought they had won the civil war were attacked in full force by the loyalist, who were led by Lady Shiva and Sensei. The loyalists won and Nyssa was executed for her treason against her father. Sensei took control of the league with Shiva acting as his protector and enforcer. The Sensei decides to return to Gotham and destroy it and its criminal element, something that he believes should have been done a long time ago if it weren't for Ra's obsession with Batman. The League admired Arkham Knight's attempt to destroy Batman's city, but want to destroy the city on a much larger scale, by collapsing the city in on its self, into the old ruins of Wonder City below.

Characters
Heroes:
  1. Nightwing
  2. Red Hood
  3. Catwoman
  4. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
  5. Batwoman
  6. Robin
  7. Oracle
  8. Lucius Fox
  9. Azrael
  10. Aaron Cash
  11. Batman (Cameo)
  12. Alfred (Cameo)
The player can switch between the top 6 Characters at pretty much any stage. However, some bosses or cut screens require certain characters. For example, Batgirl has to be the one to participate in Shiva's final boss fight.

Villains:
  1. Sensei, Shiva and the League of Assassins
  2. Cheshire (LoA)
  3. Harley Quinn
  4. Two-Face
  5. Calculator
  6. Nocturna
  7. White Rabbit
  8. Penguin
  9. Mad Hatter
  10. Anarky
  11. Ventriloquist
  12. Solomon Grundy
  13. Maxie Zeus
  14. Man-Bat
  15. Bronze Tiger(LoA)
  16. Professor Pyg
  17. Black Spider(LoA)
  18. Crazy Quilt
  19. Lady Vic (LoA)
Villains with LoA beside them are members of the league. Harley Quinn is a villain for half the game, but changes sides when she realises the reality of the situation and becomes the anti hero she's commonly known as in comics today. Calculator is supposed to be a replacement for the Riddler because everyone is tired of chasing down Riddler trophies. Calculator does spread numerous things across Gotham but not to the extent of the Riddler. Calculator mainly invests in death traps instead, but also leaves several riddles in honour of the Riddler which unlock Gotham stories.

Game Deaths
- Robin (Killed by Black Spider)
- Sensei (Killed by Shiva who betrays him to save her daughter)
- Penguin (Killed by Red Hood after he orchestrates Robin's death)
- Black Spider (Killed by Red Hood for murdering Tim Drake)
- Jim Gordon (Killed by the league)
- Jason Bard (killed by the league)

Transport
No Batmobile. Its too destructive and its an easy way out. Plus, The city isn't lifeless and does have citizens roaming the streets, trying to get away from the city, so having the Batmobile racing through the streets would put them at risk. The Batwing on the other hand would be allowed for fast movement in the city due to its size.

Size of Map
Arkham City is explorable along with Bleake, Founder's and Miagani Island's. A large portion of Gotham's mainland is also explorable including Wayne Manor and the Batcave. Arkham Asylum is not explorable in the main game. Part of Bludhaven is explorable in a DLC.

DLC - Gotham Sirens
Harley and Catwoman team up to find a secret item in Bludhaven but run into Film Freak who puts them in several movie themed death traps. In the end, its revealed that Selina went to Bludhaven to see who adopted her daughter, Helena, and ensure she is safe. Harley and Catwoman return to their apartment in Gotham soon after. A post credit scene reveals that Pamela Isley is alive, working in STAR Labs, and enjoying civilian life.
Last edited by JordanT4021 on Feb 6th, 2016, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby pukipuki » Feb 2nd, 2016, 8:20 am

JordanT4021 wrote:Arkham Legacy
You're totally right that Arkham Knight didn't live up to the hype and was an anticlimax for the Arkham series. This is away to redo that and give the Arkham games the end they deserve.

Story
Two years after the Batman died, Gotham remained peaceful with the bat family retaining the peace. However, the League of Assassins show up with a huge force in Gotham against there word and kill several leading figures in Gotham City including Jim Gordon who became mayor and the new police commissioner, Jason Bard. This leads Gotham to an all out panic with residents leaving in their numbers. The city fears that without Batman, they cannot survive. Yet Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, Robin, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) & Batwoman all stay to protect it against the incoming threat. As the League tighten their grip on Gotham, several villains thought to be dead or gone resurface to cause chaos, which the league encourages.
The League's main goal is to destroy the city in honour of its old master, Ra's al Ghul. With Alfred and Batman gone, and the others having little knowledge of Batman's final encounter with the league, they set out to investigate this unexpected return. After researching through Bruce's old accounts of his encounters in AK which he kept on the bat computer, the heroes find out that Nyssa Raakto was the last to hold control of the League but she promised to stay clear of Gotham and avoid from killing innocent people. Its revealed soon after that the rebels who thought they had won the civil war were attacked in full force by the loyalist, who were led by Lady Shiva and Sensei. The loyalists won and Nyssa was executed for her treason against her father. Sensei took control of the league with Shiva acting as his protector and enforcer. The Sensei decides to return to Gotham and destroy it and its criminal element, something that he believes should have been done a long time ago if it weren't for Ra's obsession with Batman. The League admired Arkham Knight's attempt to destroy Batman's city, but want to destroy the city on a much larger scale, by collapsing the city in on its self, into the old ruins of Wonder City below.

Characters
Heroes:
  1. Nightwing
  2. Red Hood
  3. Catwoman
  4. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
  5. Batwoman
  6. Robin
  7. Oracle
  8. Lucius Fox
  9. Azrael
  10. Aaron Cash
  11. Batman (Cameo)
  12. Alfred (Cameo)
The player can switch between the top 6 Characters at pretty much any stage. However, some bosses or cut screens require certain characters. For example, Batgirl has to be the one to participate in Shiva's final boss fight.

Villains:
  1. Sensei, Shiva and the League of Assassins
  2. Cheshire (LoA)
  3. Harley Quinn
  4. Two-Face
  5. Calculator
  6. Nocturna
  7. White Rabbit
  8. Penguin
  9. Mad Hatter
  10. Anarky
  11. Ventriloquist
  12. Solomon Grundy
  13. Maxie Zeus
  14. Man-Bat
  15. Bronze Tiger(LoA)
  16. Professor Pyg
  17. Black Spider(LoA)
  18. Crazy Quilt
  19. Lady Vic (LoA)
Villains with LoA beside them are members of the league. Harley Quinn is a villain for half the game, but changes sides when she realises the reality of the situation and becomes the anti hero she's commonly known as in comics today. Calculator is supposed to be a replacement for the Riddler because everyone is tired of chasing down Riddler trophies. Calculator does spread numerous things across Gotham but not to the extent of the Riddler. Calculator mainly invests in death traps instead, but also leaves several riddles in honour of the Riddler which unlock Gotham stories.

Game Deaths
- Robin (Killed by Black Spider)
- Sensei (Killed by Shiva who betrays him to save her daughter)
- Penguin (Killed by Red Hood after he orchestrates Robin's death)
- Black Spider (Killed by Red Hood for murdering Tim Drake)
- Jim Gordon (Killed by the league)
- Jason Bard (killed by the league)

Transport
No Batmobile. Its too destructive and its an easy way out. Plus, The city isn't lifeless and does have citizens roaming the streets, trying to get away from the city, so having the Batmobile racing through the streets would put them at risk. The Batwing on the other hand would be allowed for fast movement in the city due to its size.

Size of Map
Arkham City is explorable along with Bleake, Founder's and Miagani Island's. A large portion of Gotham's mainland is also explorable including Wayne Manor and the Batcave. Arkham Asylum is not explorable in the main game. Part of Bludhaven is explorable in a DLC.

DLC - Gotham Sirens
Harley and Catwoman team up to find a secret item in Bludhaven but run into Film Freak who puts them in several movie themed death traps. In the end, its revealed that Selina went to Bludhaven to see who adopted her daughter, Helena, and ensure she is safe. Harley and Catwoman return to their apartment in Gotham soon after. A post credit scene reveals that Pamela Isley is alive, working in STAR Labs, and enjoying civilian life.

Wow thats indepthed!!!!!
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Red leader » Feb 2nd, 2016, 11:27 pm

Oh shit. I just spent 3 hours writing out my thing and now it fucking timed out and I lost it. Thats just great. I really need to remember to just write stuff in word then copy and past it here.

My plan was for a game all about the lore of arkham and gotham whith strange and dr hurt being the villians and calling bruce out of his cowardice in AK. He would have to prove to the villians and to himself that he was able to let even his sanity get destroyed for his city and so that he could be Bruce wayne and Batman. He in a fear gas scene goes through this great sequence and has a great speech (which I wrote out) where he quotes some other stories. I was like my freaking magnum opis and now I lost it.

I was gonna tie the blue mushrooms into the story as well as Pinkney and and the order of st dumas. Crane would be using the mushrooms which can be used to put people in a comatose state to fake death, to modify it and kill everyone in gotham. He would be in wonder city where Bruce would run into Grundy and the gentleman ghost.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby JordanT4021 » Feb 2nd, 2016, 11:46 pm

Thanks Pukipuki it took me a couple hours.

Red Leader I really like you're idea. The history of Gotham City were some of my favourite elements from Arkham City and Arkham Origins. How would Strange come back from the death though?
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby DatBat » Feb 3rd, 2016, 12:10 am

This doesn't really count as a Batman game, more of a continuation of the Arkham series.

Title: Justice League: Legacy of the Bat

Playable Characters:
Dick Grayson as Nightwing (filling Bruce's role in the league)
Diana Prince as Wonder Woman
Barry Allen as The Flash
Clark Kent/Kal-el as Superman
Spoiler: show
Jason Todd as New Batman

Story:
It's been a little over a year since Wayne Manor was destroyed. Nightwing is back in Gotham after tracking down Professor Pyg. While he's there, he sees something strange going on at Wayne Manor in the distance. He heads there and finds The Flash and Green Lantern. They were using their powers, and that's what Dick saw. They talk to him, and he discovers that the League has been investigating the death of Bruce as well. They take Dick to the Watchtower, and the members of the League (WW, Supes, Flash, GL, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman) coordinate a widespread search for evidence. Superman is to hunt for clues in Metropolis, Flash in Central City, Wonder Woman in London, and Nightwing in Gotham.
Eventually, all of the evidence points towards Lex Luthor. The LexCorp buildings in each city become heavily armed and protected once Lex knows the League is onto him. Lex pays off the local police forces (Jim is now mayor of Gotham so the police do this without him knowing) and each investigating hero is put into custody. At this point, the player gains control of Jason Todd, who has taken up the cowl. He goes and breaks Nightwing out, and then the two of them head to Metropolis to free Superman. Superman flies to Central City to free The Flash, and then the Flash runs across the Atlantic Ocean to get to London and free WW. He runs back and she flies her jet back, while Nightwing, Jason, and Superman all head down, and they converge in Metropolis to take down Lex Luthor. They take down Lex in his mechsuit, but not before Lex releases Metallo. They all turn to fight him, but it's too late. Superman has been infected with far too much Kryptonite. They flee with him as he dies.
*months later*
The League is trying to operate after the loss of Superman so soon after Batman. They've recruited Cyborg. Ending scene is Darkseid setting the game up for the next game or games to come
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Red leader » Feb 3rd, 2016, 11:42 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:Thanks Pukipuki it took me a couple hours.

Red Leader I really like you're idea. The history of Gotham City were some of my favourite elements from Arkham City and Arkham Origins. How would Strange come back from the death though?

My idea was the he would have had a trap door but that wouldnt save him obviously from smock inhalation so he used the drug to make himself comatose till one his men could save him. We find out that it was Jason who came across him.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Return to General Discussion