Harley's Psychosis Mode in AR is reskinned DM

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Harley's Psychosis Mode in AR is reskinned DM

Postby dk09w1ngz » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:06 am

I HATE THIS. I've said this on the official forums, but I'll say it here just in case you haven't seen it.

When I replayed Endless Knight, I noticed these few things.

• The detective mode hexagons are present.
  • The enemy counter is not in the original font of Harley's psychosis vision in the story dlc
  • The enemy counter does not say "piggies"
  • Windows do not have a boom icon on them like they do in the story DLC.
  • Fire extinguishers are highlighted.
  • The laughing gas status is like that of smoke status is like that of detective mode.
  • Grates are colored orange rather than in blue like they were in psychosis mode.
  • Enemies are colored the same as they are in detective mode

But statements aren't enough. You want image proof.

Very well. I've gathered a few pictures from videos:

Did you notice EVERYTHING I talked about? Well, save the smoke status. This is unacceptable. What was RS doing when they made AR predator selection?
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Re: Harley's Psychosis Mode in AR is reskinned DM

Postby DatBat » Feb 14th, 2016, 6:41 pm

What's the point of the last picture? That's Red Hood.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby JordanT4021 » Feb 14th, 2016, 6:49 pm

It's not that big a deal imo. It's just carelessness on RS's part. If you want these features, replay her DLC story pack.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby dk09w1ngz » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:30 pm

DatBat wrote:What's the point of the last picture? That's Red Hood.

Oh, sorry. I should have said it's more a reuse of tactical vision, which is really grating.

JordanT4021 wrote:It's not that big a deal imo. It's just carelessness on RS's part. If you want these features, replay her DLC story pack.

It's not as infuriating as the bulletproof henchmen not being present in AR. But all they have to do is get rid of the skeletal outlines, color the henchmen, windows, and grates blue (medics still get to be white and personal guard stay invisible though), write "boom" on the windows rather, get rid of the detective mode extra stuff (what use is a fire extinguisher for Harley, anyway?), get rid of the detective mode hexagons, and replace "hostiles" with "piggies", with no care for the armed or unarmed henchmen.

What's so hard about that? I don't understand RS...
dk09w1ngz

Postby DatBat » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:34 pm

dk09w1ngz wrote:

Oh, sorry. I should have said it's more a reuse of tactical vision, which is really grating.

JordanT4021 wrote:It's not that big a deal imo. It's just carelessness on RS's part. If you want these features, replay her DLC story pack.

It's not as infuriating as the bulletproof henchmen not being present in AR. But all they have to do is get rid of the skeletal outlines, color the henchmen, windows, and grates blue (medics still get to be white and personal guard stay invisible though), write "boom" on the windows rather, get rid of the detective mode extra stuff (what use is a fire extinguisher for Harley, anyway?), get rid of the detective mode hexagons, and replace "hostiles" with "piggies", with no care for the armed or unarmed henchmen.

It could boil down to the fact that people take Challenge Maps competitively (and AK emphasizes this with friend leaderboards and those rival point things). In the story maps, those were for story elements to feel immersive. For challenge maps, they might be trying to make the UI more simplistic and the gameplay easier to competitively master. Honestly though, Harley is so underpowered, I don't play as her much in AR maps. She's fun to play as, and the Harlequin suit is awesome. She's just really underpowered compared to the other characters. Red Hood is overpowered in combat because his guns, but underpowered in stealth.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby dk09w1ngz » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:37 pm

DatBat wrote:
dk09w1ngz wrote:

It could boil down to the fact that people take Challenge Maps competitively (and AK emphasizes this with friend leaderboards and those rival point things). In the story maps, those were for story elements to feel immersive. For challenge maps, they might be trying to make the UI more simplistic and the gameplay easier to competitively master. Honestly though, Harley is so underpowered, I don't play as her much in AR maps. She's fun to play as, and the Harlequin suit is awesome. She's just really underpowered compared to the other characters. Red Hood is overpowered in combat because his guns, but underpowered in stealth.

I ended up relying on Harley's laughing gas and jack-in-the-box. I wish you could detonate mines with the jack-in-the-box, but that might be a balancing issue.

It's also infuriating to not get her plants from the story...
dk09w1ngz

Postby JordanT4021 » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:39 pm

dk09w1ngz wrote:

That would mean they would have to revisit every predator map they've made to make all these changes. I don't think you'll ever get that now. Rocksteady are probably completely done with Arkham Knight and won't go back to change minor details especially when they've cancelled versions for Mac and Linux.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby dk09w1ngz » Feb 14th, 2016, 8:42 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
dk09w1ngz wrote:

That would mean they would have to revisit every predator map they've made to make all these changes. I don't think you'll ever get that now. Rocksteady are probably completely done with Arkham Knight and won't go back to change minor details especially when they've cancelled versions for Mac and Linux.

This game is a mess... fun as it is...
dk09w1ngz

Postby BuNKiTZ » Feb 15th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Oh, wow. That is disappointing. I loved Harley's "Psychosis Mode," was it? It looked really cool and unique, so to see it turned into a re-skinned Detective Mode is disappointing. Then again, plenty of other things in the game are, so I'm not so surprised.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby cloakandcowl » Feb 20th, 2016, 1:47 am

It's hardly a surprise though is it?
They never intended for her to be usable in AR Challenges.
When they decided to do it they did it cost-effectively. Not comprehensively.

Better to have the option to play her imo than not because they didn't want to do some stylized vision mode.
cloakandcowl

Return to General Discussion