Share your ideas for a sequel

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Re: Share your ideas for a sequel

Postby Mr Wayne » Mar 28th, 2016, 11:00 pm

I wont leave you in the dark fam.

My ideas for a sequel to AK is simple. JL. Why?

It'll come just in time for JLP2 (if it gets made).

Will involve a JL directed by a non-playable but still involved Batman.

Brainiac the big bad.

Flash, Supes, WW, Cyborg, Aquaman all playable, interchangeable much like Batman/Catwoman in City.

Open World Metropolis.

Cameos.

Awesome story.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Steelers4190 » May 15th, 2016, 4:49 pm

I have almost zero interest in an Arkham game that takes place after AK to be completely honest
Steelers4190

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Sep 11th, 2016, 2:06 am

I also thought about how they could continue the series after AK when it was released. The premise of my story is basically the same as yours. Batman is still alive and active but only he and Alfred are aware of it. The game would be inspired by different stories such as The Dark Knight Returns and Under the Red Hood.

The story itself takes place 2-3 years after the events of AK. Gordon is still the mayor of Gotham but unbeknown to him a secret power is rising behind the scenes: the Court of Owls. When they are powerful enough they take over the control of the city and use one of their highest ranking members, Lincoln March, to act as their public voice without actually revealing the court itself. They and their Talons oppress both the citizens and criminals.

The main villains would obviously be the most important members of the court of owls. Others would be the Mutant Leader from TDKR who is now one of the most powerful criminals in Gotham, and Anarky who fights against the court with the help of his supporters. There would be a very fragile alliance between him and Batman throughout the game. Penguin would also make a return. Due to his heavy smoking attitude he developed terminal lung cancer and is therefore forced to act from a run-down hospital which he and his men now use as their base. Another important villain that would make a return is Black Mask who fights the Red Hood. In the story the Black Mask killed by Jason in his AK DLC was just an impersonator. There would be others like Harley Quinn and Two-Face but I'll write more about their roles later.

Batmans allies include Tim Drake, Oracle, Nightwing, Catwoman, Alfred, Gordon, Red Hood and Anarky.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby M. Malone » Sep 28th, 2016, 2:18 pm

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:I also thought about how they could continue the series after AK when it was released. The premise of my story is basically the same as yours. Batman is still alive and active but only he and Alfred are aware of it. The game would be inspired by different stories such as The Dark Knight Returns and Under the Red Hood.

The story itself takes place 2-3 years after the events of AK. Gordon is still the mayor of Gotham but unbeknown to him a secret power is rising behind the scenes: the Court of Owls. When they are powerful enough they take over the control of the city and use one of their highest ranking members, Lincoln March, to act as their public voice without actually revealing the court itself. They and their Talons oppress both the citizens and criminals.

The main villains would obviously be the most important members of the court of owls. Others would be the Mutant Leader from TDKR who is now one of the most powerful criminals in Gotham, and Anarky who fights against the court with the help of his supporters. There would be a very fragile alliance between him and Batman throughout the game. Penguin would also make a return. Due to his heavy smoking attitude he developed terminal lung cancer and is therefore forced to act from a run-down hospital which he and his men now use as their base. Another important villain that would make a return is Black Mask who fights the Red Hood. In the story the Black Mask killed by Jason in his AK DLC was just an impersonator. There would be others like Harley Quinn and Two-Face but I'll write more about their roles later.

Batmans allies include Tim Drake, Oracle, Nightwing, Catwoman, Alfred, Gordon, Red Hood and Anarky.

Sounds good to me. Although after the new information posted today from Rocksteady, it sounds like a sequel is not planned.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 29th, 2016, 5:24 pm

I've always entertained the idea that perhaps a Knight sequel is in development at WB Montreal, where they've worked alongside Rocksteady. I know you can run away with an idea once you get it in your head, but I find certain things about Knight odd, like how the game opens more doors than it closes. What if there's been a sister game to Knight at WB Montreal.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Sep 29th, 2016, 5:44 pm

HaHaHa wrote:I've always entertained the idea that perhaps a Knight sequel is in development at WB Montreal, where they've worked alongside Rocksteady. I know you can run away with an idea once you get it in your head, but I find certain things about Knight odd, like how the game opens more doors than it closes. What if there's been a sister game to Knight at WB Montreal.

Honestly, I'm such a huge Batman fan, I'm okay with pretty much any idea. But I can't say an Arkham Knight sequel would be my number one choice. For one thing, if I were WBM, I'd have a burr up my saddle against Rocksteady. While Origins has its share of detractors, one thing is obvious - it was a labor of love, and I don't think Rocksteady offered credit where credit was due, and I think WB bailed on support for the game early. Money is money I guess, and maybe they don't even have enough autonomy to reject the idea, but if I were in charge of decisions at WBM, I'd say "no" to having to make all of Rocksteady's ideas part of my own personal vision of what a Batman game should be like. - I dunno, it's hard to explain - did that make sense?

But IF there was an Arkham Knight sequel... or ANY game set in the Arkhamverse again, I would want them to change up some things. First and foremost, they need to stop making all this crap supposedly happen in one night. The idea is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. They would also need to eliminate tank warfare. I don't totally hate it in Arkham Knight, but only because the setting allows for it. There is no way they can shoehorn that style of gameplay into another Arkham game and pull it off.
M. Malone

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 29th, 2016, 6:55 pm

M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:I've always entertained the idea that perhaps a Knight sequel is in development at WB Montreal, where they've worked alongside Rocksteady. I know you can run away with an idea once you get it in your head, but I find certain things about Knight odd, like how the game opens more doors than it closes. What if there's been a sister game to Knight at WB Montreal.

Honestly, I'm such a huge Batman fan, I'm okay with pretty much any idea. But I can't say an Arkham Knight sequel would be my number one choice. For one thing, if I were WBM, I'd have a burr up my saddle against Rocksteady. While Origins has its share of detractors, one thing is obvious - it was a labor of love, and I don't think Rocksteady offered credit where credit was due, and I think WB bailed on support for the game early. Money is money I guess, and maybe they don't even have enough autonomy to reject the idea, but if I were in charge of decisions at WBM, I'd say "no" to having to make all of Rocksteady's ideas part of my own personal vision of what a Batman game should be like. - I dunno, it's hard to explain - did that make sense?

But IF there was an Arkham Knight sequel... or ANY game set in the Arkhamverse again, I would want them to change up some things. First and foremost, they need to stop making all this crap supposedly happen in one night. The idea is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. They would also need to eliminate tank warfare. I don't totally hate it in Arkham Knight, but only because the setting allows for it. There is no way they can shoehorn that style of gameplay into another Arkham game and pull it off.

Well my thesis is based on several ideas that might have been set up in favor toward WB Montreal continuing the series that would allow them to gain gamer trust after Rocksteady's exit. You have a popular character in Red Hood, and perhaps boss battles were left out intentionally in Knight so that WB Montreal could look like a million dollars bringing them back. There's method to the madness there, but then maybe it's nothing.
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Sep 29th, 2016, 10:03 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

Well my thesis is based on several ideas that might have been set up in favor toward WB Montreal continuing the series that would allow them to gain gamer trust after Rocksteady's exit. You have a popular character in Red Hood, and perhaps boss battles were left out intentionally in Knight so that WB Montreal could look like a million dollars bringing them back. There's method to the madness there, but then maybe it's nothing.

I don't understand. Are you theorizing that Rocksteady deliberately sabotaged their game to make WBM look better later on? Can you elaborate on that?
M. Malone

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 30th, 2016, 9:44 am

M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

I don't understand. Are you theorizing that Rocksteady deliberately sabotaged their game to make WBM look better later on? Can you elaborate on that?

Perhaps WBIE, Rocksteady and WB Montreal decided to evenly distribute assets between the games so that they could prolong the series by not putting everything into one game. Rocksteady's primary focus and final contribution to the Arkhamverse would be the Batmobile. That's what they made an example of. Now WB Montreal could come back with a sequel that makes boss battles it's big feature. Boss battle starved fans would be singing WB Montreal's praise! It's not that Knight didn't have any, but they revolved around dual play and were kept fairly simple. Many regard the boss battles in Origins as one of WB Montreal's strengths, so they could be looking to capitalize on that.

There has been suggestion that a Poison Ivy boss battle was cut from Arkham Knight that made use of the Wayne International Plaza train station. That could be implemented in a sequel and it makes sense as no sooner does Ivy die, it's said in the game by the GCPD officers outside the lockup that Ivy was going to turn on Batman after Scarecrow, and it's heavily suggested that she could make a return from the dead.

So there's Poison Ivy, Red Hood, a suggestion of Bane returning from Santa Prisca, the escaped Man-Bat, the possibly not dead Francine Langstrom and a whole host of Batman's rogues gallery to keep making countless Arkham games.
HaHaHa

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Sep 30th, 2016, 2:22 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

Perhaps WBIE, Rocksteady and WB Montreal decided to evenly distribute assets between the games so that they could prolong the series by not putting everything into one game. Rocksteady's primary focus and final contribution to the Arkhamverse would be the Batmobile. That's what they made an example of. Now WB Montreal could come back with a sequel that makes boss battles it's big feature. Boss battle starved fans would be singing WB Montreal's praise! It's not that Knight didn't have any, but they revolved around dual play and were kept fairly simple. Many regard the boss battles in Origins as one of WB Montreal's strengths, so they could be looking to capitalize on that.

There has been suggestion that a Poison Ivy boss battle was cut from Arkham Knight that made use of the Wayne International Plaza train station. That could be implemented in a sequel and it makes sense as no sooner does Ivy die, it's said in the game by the GCPD officers outside the lockup that Ivy was going to turn on Batman after Scarecrow, and it's heavily suggested that she could make a return from the dead.

So there's Poison Ivy, Red Hood, a suggestion of Bane returning from Santa Prisca, the escaped Man-Bat, the possibly not dead Francine Langstrom and a whole host of Batman's rogues gallery to keep making countless Arkham games.

What? Do you mean like the grassy area underground, like under the shipping yard? That would be very "Ivy." where has it been said she was supposed to have a fight down there? And also...when did anyone say anything about Ivy turning on Batman? I only remember the guy reading the poem lol

Damn I am not observant lol
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby M. Malone » Sep 30th, 2016, 2:36 pm

^^^ Well, I'm all for that idea and theory HaHaHa, but I don't picture cross-collaboration between design studios being that deliberate and focused - too many egos get in the way. I do hope we get more Batman games, and specifically with the hallmarks of the Arkhamverse.
M. Malone

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 30th, 2016, 3:38 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:I don't understand. Are you theorizing that Rocksteady deliberately sabotaged their game to make WBM look better later on? Can you elaborate on that?

What? Do you mean like the grassy area underground, like under the shipping yard? That would be very "Ivy." where has it been said she was supposed to have a fight down there? And also...when did anyone say anything about Ivy turning on Batman? I only remember the guy reading the poem lol

It was only a fan theory either on the WB forums or Reddit where they said there might have been an obstacle course at one point where the Batmobile would have used the curved train station behind Wayne Int Plaza and other parts of Founders island to get to Ivy's plant at Divinity church. Could be absolute rubbish, but they made a good case for it.

What guy reading a poem? If you speak to one of the officers outside the lockup they'll say Ivy put on her social media page that she was going to turn on Batman after defeating Scarecrow. They also say something else which I've never been able to rigger again about Ivy returning in a "wink wink" kind of way.

-- Sep 30th, 2016, 4:08 pm --

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:I don't understand. Are you theorizing that Rocksteady deliberately sabotaged their game to make WBM look better later on? Can you elaborate on that?

It was only a fan theory either on the WB forums or Reddit where they said there might have been an obstacle course at one point where the Batmobile would have used the curved train station behind Wayne Int Plaza and other parts of Founders island to get to Ivy's plant at Divinity church. Could be absolute rubbish, but they made a good case for it.

What guy reading a poem? If you speak to one of the officers outside the lockup they'll say Ivy put on her social media page that she was going to turn on Batman after defeating Scarecrow. They also say something else which I've never been able to rigger again about Ivy returning in a "wink wink" kind of way.

M. Malone wrote:^^^ Well, I'm all for that idea and theory HaHaHa, but I don't picture cross-collaboration between design studios being that deliberate and focused - too many egos get in the way. I do hope we get more Batman games, and specifically with the hallmarks of the Arkhamverse.

Well the other thing I keep harking back to is former Rocksteady narrative designer Paul Crocker working at WB Montreal as narrative director and "Brand Director". If that brand was Arkham then he'd be in control of making sure that any other games tie in with Knight. He was with Rocksteady for at least a year and a half whilst they were developing Knight although he receives no credit. Sefton said in the early promotion of Knight that he and Crocker worked out the story. Well if he wasn't working on Knight then what was he working on? Theoretically he could have been working on a sequel to Knight in time for him to go to Montreal as they're wrapping up Origins for it to begin pre-production.

This could have been going on as early as City when WBIE realized the potential of the Arkham games. City might have been written with a conclusion in mind that was changed to give the series longevity hence why they said goodbye to Paul Dini, and lingering plot points such as Azrael and Hush were concluded discretely in Knight.

-- Sep 30th, 2016, 5:44 pm --

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

M. Malone wrote:^^^ Well, I'm all for that idea and theory HaHaHa, but I don't picture cross-collaboration between design studios being that deliberate and focused - too many egos get in the way. I do hope we get more Batman games, and specifically with the hallmarks of the Arkhamverse.

Well the other thing I keep harking back to is former Rocksteady narrative designer Paul Crocker working at WB Montreal as narrative director and "Brand Director". If that brand was Arkham then he'd be in control of making sure that any other games tie in with Knight. He was with Rocksteady for at least a year and a half whilst they were developing Knight although he receives no credit. Sefton said in the early promotion of Knight that he and Crocker worked out the story. Well if he wasn't working on Knight then what was he working on? Theoretically he could have been working on a sequel to Knight in time for him to go to Montreal as they're wrapping up Origins for it to begin pre-production.

This could have been going on as early as City when WBIE realized the potential of the Arkham games. City might have been written with a conclusion in mind that was changed to give the series longevity hence why they said goodbye to Paul Dini, and lingering plot points such as Azrael and Hush were concluded discretely in Knight.

Of course I could be wrong about everything. I'm happy to accept that if nothing I've said happens.
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Sep 30th, 2016, 5:46 pm

HaHaHa wrote:

Of course I could be wrong about everything. I'm happy to accept that if nothing I've said happens.

I like the Paul Crocker link. I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a long time now since Origins was completed and still no news from WBM.
M. Malone

Return to General Discussion