Any chance of another Arkham game

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

Any chance of another Arkham game

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 18th, 2016, 2:26 am

Like, any at all? If we're being realistic...

I'd love to see an Origins game focusing on Catwoman and Harvey Dent.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Re: Any chance of another Arkham game

Postby M. Malone » Oct 18th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Sure, I think there's a good chance. At this point, "The Arkhamverse" is an official spin-off of the comicverse or even filmverse. I think it's sufficiently planted to warrant more installments of some kind. I just don't think it will be at Rocksteady's doing.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 18th, 2016, 2:43 pm

A chance is always there, that is sure.
Even with Rocksteady.
It could be that their next project fails and they want to return to the franchise.
Maybe warner works on something or so...its not clear, but its not hopeless.
Mani-Man

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 18th, 2016, 2:54 pm

I think it's a definite. I hope Rocksteady are finally finished with Batman and WB Montreal continue to make an origins trilogy. I think there's rumors that it's happening anyway, it just hasn't been confirmed yet.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby DatBat » Oct 18th, 2016, 8:17 pm

I think we'll continue to see it used in ways that won't really appeal to us as a community. Arkham Knight tried to make it more action-packed and turned a lot of us away. Arkham VR is a big gimmick with a bad story. Return to Arkham messed up what was a good visual style in a lot of peoples' opinions. Arkham is becoming a more dead series to us but it's also becoming more mainstream to a lot of people. I think Arkham is over for a lot of us, but just starting for new people.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Manbat

Postby M. Malone » Oct 18th, 2016, 10:56 pm

DatBat wrote:I think we'll continue to see it used in ways that won't really appeal to us as a community. Arkham Knight tried to make it more action-packed and turned a lot of us away. Arkham VR is a big gimmick with a bad story. Return to Arkham messed up what was a good visual style in a lot of peoples' opinions. Arkham is becoming a more dead series to us but it's also becoming more mainstream to a lot of people. I think Arkham is over for a lot of us, but just starting for new people.

I watched the walkthrough for Arkham VR, and I've changed my mind about it. I think there are LOTS of things within the game that are gimmicky, but I actually enjoyed the story and atmosphere. I think it's a bit predictable for ones who have played Arkham Knight first. But if they had released it in chronological order it would have blown peoples' minds.
M. Malone

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 19th, 2016, 8:37 pm

I want to go to the mainland and scale buildings as Catwoman. That's like all I still want.

UPDATE:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Return- ... -p/1314281

there is a new building in the horizon in the Remastered Arkham City. People think it's hinting at a setting for a new game.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 19th, 2016, 9:13 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:I want to go to the mainland and scale buildings as Catwoman. That's like all I still want.

Honestly, I don't know why they couldn't do that in Arkham Knight. I get that they said the city was built singularly with Batman in mind but I don't really think thats a good excuse when you know how important the supporting characters like Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing are. Its one of the most frustrating things for me.
JordanT4021

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 19th, 2016, 9:30 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
BiGbAdBaTz wrote:I want to go to the mainland and scale buildings as Catwoman. That's like all I still want.

Honestly, I don't know why they couldn't do that in Arkham Knight. I get that they said the city was built singularly with Batman in mind but I don't really think thats a good excuse when you know how important the supporting characters like Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing are. Its one of the most frustrating things for me.

i know its infuriating. The fact that the allies didn't have free roam in AK was one of the most blatant examples of developer laziness I have ever seen in a video game.

hell, give catwoman a standalone. i'd throw money at it
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 19th, 2016, 9:58 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:

i know its infuriating. The fact that the allies didn't have free roam in AK was one of the most blatant examples of developer laziness I have ever seen in a video game.

hell, give catwoman a standalone. i'd throw money at it

Right?! Arkham Knight was just awful to its supporting characters. Hopefully, if an Arkham Origins sequel does get released, we'll have Robin and Catwoman free roam.
And a Catwoman solo game would be amazing. I'd buy the hell out of that.
JordanT4021

Postby M. Malone » Oct 20th, 2016, 1:39 pm

UPDATE:

there is a new building in the horizon in the Remastered Arkham City. People think it's hinting at a setting for a new game.

Would be nice, but in the same thread you linked to was this post from a WB Staff person:

"Heya @Bruce_0539
Hope you are well!
Batman: Return to Arkham will include some modifications to the backgrounds of the city to improve the look for the higher resolution game.

KC"

.... Sounds to me like he's saying 'There's nothing to see here... just adding stuff for the sake of making it look cool.'
M. Malone

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 20th, 2016, 2:12 pm

M. Malone wrote:

UPDATE:

Would be nice, but in the same thread you linked to was this post from a WB Staff person:

"Heya @Bruce_0539
Hope you are well!
Batman: Return to Arkham will include some modifications to the backgrounds of the city to improve the look for the higher resolution game.

KC"

.... Sounds to me like he's saying 'There's nothing to see here... just adding stuff for the sake of making it look cool.'

Maybe i just see more then there is, but i find it strange that a WB staff member was so fast to "debunk" that there is more to this.
There are dozens of theories etc about buildings etc, yet they dont answer to those.
Why bother with this then?

I dont know, i guess they want to make sure that people really know that there is no new game in the making.
But maybe there IS more to it...all we can do is wait and hope.
Mani-Man

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 20th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

UPDATE:

"Heya @Bruce_0539
Hope you are well!

KC"

Maybe i just see more then there is, but i find it strange that a WB staff member was so fast to "debunk" that there is more to this.
There are dozens of theories etc about buildings etc, yet they dont answer to those.
Why bother with this then?

I dont know, i guess they want to make sure that people really know that there is no new game in the making.
But maybe there IS more to it...all we can do is wait and hope.

I really can't see there being anything to this.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Return to General Discussion