What We Want To See From A New Batman Arkham Game

Discuss the possibilities for "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the future of the Arkham series after Rocksteady Studios' swansong.

What We Want To See From A New Batman Arkham Game

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 6th, 2016, 6:47 pm

First, let's be clear, there has not yet been an announcement of a Batman Arkham game following Arkham Knight and Arkham VR. However, this doesn't stop our love for the franchise nor diminish our enthusiasm for another instalment.

That being said, let's dive right in:

First, I'll voice what everyone feels: we should have access to the whole city, which should be at the very least the six islands that we've already had (Bleake, Founders, Miagani, North, South & Arkham). Essentially, we'd like an expanded open world. The Cyrus Pinkney storyline in Arkham Origins was a good example of how an open world could give rise to hidden mysteries that are only found through exploration.
Map credit: NeoGaf user Silly Nonsense

The ending of Arkham Knight and the space between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum both offer up interesting story options, so quite honestly I don't mind when the story is set, but no matter what the story there is one element that I want to see: all out gang war. Rather than patrolling a city evacuated of citizens, they should simply be trying to keep off the streets. This would allow a good balance between the villain-populated city that we're used to and the opportunity to have to rescue civilians who have been caught in the crossfire.
The action should spill into the day, perhaps starting during the day. This would allow the 'training mission' to utilise stealth and combat without gadgets or certain abilities, expanding upon the opening sequence of A Cold, Cold Heart.

If set after Arkham Knight, a take on the Batman: RIP storyline in which Bruce Wayne is presumed dead after the conclusion of the Knightfall protocol and Dick Grayson's Nightwing adopts the mantle of the Bat could work well as a starting point. The Court of Owls/Gates of Gotham storylines could be another potential source for an over-arching plotline as a hundred year old conspiracy comes to fruition.

The way that the Batcave has been used in Arkham Origins and Arkham VR needs to be built upon now. As well as being our 'hub', this would also be a really cool setting for a climactic battle (I was sorely disappointed that we missed this opportunity in Origins).

Come on, who doesn't want to return to the asylum? After all, the asylum holds many secrets, who knows how many?

Two-Face, the Penguin, Black Mask, the Falcones, the Triad, the Bratva. Warring gangs form the backbone of the game and allow new villains like KGBeast, Scarface and Jane Doe to be utilised as enforcers for their crime bosses. The main villain would be the one who manipulated the gangs into open war, perhaps the Court of Owls.

We'd love to see the return of classic villains like Zsasz, Riddler and Harley Quinn, though perhaps in new situations. Riddler's clues actually lead to crimes that he's committing. Zsasz needs to be tracked down before he kills again. Clayface could be utilised to horrifying effect in a predator situation. Lady Shiva could return as the League of Assassins are hunted by the Council of Spiders. Catwoman's grey areas should be explored as she tries to steal without the batman noticing. Calendar Man should pop up on holidays according to your system clock, committing holiday related crimes that we need to stop.

One stand-out feature of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was how the story would affect the environment, so that you would go through the same gameplay area, yet it would feel completely fresh and new. The way that Poison Ivy affected Arkham Island is probably the most obvious example of this.

In Arkham City, we saw some examples of gang territory changing, but this could easily be developed through the use of dynamic gang tags. The destruction of public property could also change the way that we viewed the city.

I really, really liked the batmobile in Arkham Knight. Mostly. I loved the APC chases. I loved how it was used as a tool to solve puzzles (using the car as a counter-weight for an elevator was inspired). I enjoyed many of the tank battles too. I lost some of my suspension of disbelief somewhat though when the batmobile was put through huge underground sections (Riddler racetracks and Arkham Knight HQ) and lost it completely during the batmobile predator sections. I want the car to return, but let's play down the battle mode and have much more emphasis on high speed pursuits and puzzle solving.

One of the overwhelmingly positive additions to Arkham Knight, in terms of fan-reaction was the dual-play feature that allowed you to enter a fight or predator situation in control of two characters. The only criticism that I can make of it is that it was fairly sparsely used within the main story itself. This feature needs to come back and it needs to be expanded upon.

I'd like to see the relationship between Batman and his allies explored in a similar way to how Uncharted 4 tackled Nathan Drake and his team mates. Essentially, there are large portions of the story that require interaction with another character for puzzle solving, combat, stealth and narrative progression, but none of it ever feels forced. Both Harley Quinn's Revenge and the Panessa Studios, North Refrigeration and Riddler/Catwoman sections of Arkham Knight showed hints of this, but there is definitely room for expansion.

These are already so close to being perfect. Mix together the Professor Pyg missions from Knight, the prevalence of random crime scenes from Origins and the level of detail featured in the Arkham VR crime scene and morgue sequences and we'll all be happy. While we're at it, how natural did it feel to have Batman sneaking into a morgue to do his own investigation?

Recently, Arkham VR and Return to Arkham have given us a glimpse at what Batman Arkham could look like in the next generation of game engines. It's hard to believe that Arkham Knight was built in a very similar version of the Unreal Engine 3 that Rocksteady used for Arkham City. The modifications that the studio made to UE3 were damned impressive to say the least. For Arkham VR, however, Gotham was rebuilt using the fourth iteration of the Unreal Engine. This visual step up needs to be utilised going forward.

Invisible Predator Online
This article has been brewing in my mind for a while and one of the first ingredients that went into the percolator was multiplayer. This isn't a reaction to the news that WB are shutting down Arkham Origins Online Multiplayer servers in less than a month; I genuinely thought that multiplayer in Origins was a blast. Clearly, there are certain improvements that need to be made. The overall stability of the play lobbies was poor - this would need to be completely rewritten from scratch. The matchmaking process suffered due to the afore mentioned issue, but could have been improved easily with the inclusion of the option to add AI bots to fill up a lobby. Things should be allowed to get messy with a larger number of gang factions going head-to-head (tying into my pitch for a story). Finally, trophies for multiplayer achievements are greats, but they shouldn't be Platinum/1000 requirements.

Co-Op Combat
This is the one that everyone wants to see. Up to four players enter an arena and work together as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Azreal et al to clear the room of enemy thugs. Working their way through waves of thugs, players would eventually build to fight some of Batman’s villains. Like Zsasz fought in Solitary Confinement Extreme and Joker appeared to fight in the Joker’s Carnival map, we could see some of Batman’s villains appear in the fourth round of combat. Killer Croc and Mr Freeze might have been too much for Batman to fight one-on-one, but with help of another player (or three) Batman and Robin could work together to take them down.
We could see some unique effects by combining players quick gadgets on a single target. Robin snap-flashing a twitching REC victim or Nightwing shocking a frozen thug could cause an instant takedown that gives a teamwork combo bonus at the end of each round. Like the perfect round bonus, if you earn this teamwork bonus in each round you gain an extra teamwork fight bonus.

Season of Infamy was excellent and most of the Arkham Episodes were damned good fun too. All that we'd really ask from these is that they were expanded out to make them longer. A Matter of Family, A Cold, Cold Heart and Harley Quinn's Revenge are the standard that we expect. The opportunity to explore different eras of the Arkhamverse canon is too enticing a prospect not to explore further. Just imagine the possibilities: Azrael confronting the Order of St Dumas; Robin's first night protecting Gotham alone; Batgirl tracking down Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy; Nightwing vs the Huntress.

So, now we turn it over to you. What do you want to see from the next Batman Arkham game?
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: What We Want To See From A New Batman Arkham Game

Postby HaHaHa » Nov 6th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Nice post R_R!

My input is that I think there needs to be a significant overhaul of the gameplay to stop franchise fatigue. Regardless of a bigger city, new villains etc I think having the same gameplay would get old really fast and receive a lot of criticism. I would look to franchises like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear for inspiration.

A completely empty city again would be a huge mistake as fans wouldn't tolerate it especially when there's games like Spiderman PS4 that does have civilians. However I don't think they need to be absolutely everywhere like in GTA because that would stress the game's performance. It's Gotham late at night. The city is alive to the sound of sirens and the good people of Gotham are indoors. The npc's on the streets should reflect crime ridden Gotham. Drug dealers, prostitutes, the homeless, muggers. I must stress that heavily armed thugs should be limited to certain areas like the Falcone penthouse for example.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Nov 7th, 2016, 2:51 pm

I really don't care all that much if they make another Arkham based Batman game. I'm all for a similar type of Batman game, but to keep it in the Arkhamverse is going to be difficult. Since Rocksteady ratcheted up the grandiose nature of each succeeding game, it's gong to be difficult, if not impossible, to capture that feeling a fourth time. Any more 'normal' Batman story with 'normal' threat levels (i.e. NOT an entire army) is going to feel like a letdown. The same thing happened in the Nolan movie franchise (and all superhero movies), which is why they constantly have to reboot franchises.

I'm still banging the "Rocksteady needs to make a Superman game" drum.

Okay, okay, I'm editing this post because I just remembered an idea I've had a looong time ago that they STILL need to implement: More RPG elements. I haven't played the TellTale Batman game yet, but it looks like they are going in the right direction with the dialogue.

1) Give us more dialogue options in an Arkham game - you know, when doing crime scene investigations, interacting with NPCs and such.
2) Give us the ability to save and load games like a normal long game instead of this "play it all the way through and you can't go back crap." And closely related to that - stop making it all have to happen in one night.
3) Allow us to "Be the Batman" in the sense of getting to choose his appearance and equipment. Give us options for suits and components of suits which will give certain perks. This should be a no-brainer now that most games are using in-engine cutscenes and they don't have to worry about continuity between gameplay and cutscenes. Make us choose our equipment load-out. The utility belt would be like an inventory in a typical RPG - it has a limit and you can't take the entire Batcave with you.

- Those are my ideas for how the gameplay can be significantly changed up and keep things fresh.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Batman9555 » Nov 7th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Yeah I think that there should be new Batman game but not new Arkham game. But Arkham is huge franchise and WB will probably make more prequel games. We just need to wait and see what happens.
Batman9555

Favourite Villain: Joker, Mr. Freeze

Postby pukipuki » Nov 11th, 2016, 12:09 pm

I want a prequel. Set after Origins. I want Bats to fight the court of owls but as a young bat and I want Dick Grayson instead of Damien in there.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 11th, 2016, 4:20 pm

I am not sure in which time period I would like the new Arkham game to be set in. Having Dick as Robin would be nice, but if they set the game before Babs was crippled they´d have a chance to further develop the relationship between her and Tim which seemed rather weird in Knight. I´d kill for a game with Damian. At least some refrence to him would be nice.

I am also absolutely for more dialogue options and role play elements. The Problem with a game set in Batmans past is that there aren´t really that many opportunities influence this Batman Universe significantly. They really wasted a huge chance with Knight. How great would it have been if there were more choices like in the Ra´s al Ghul seasons of Infamy mission or alternative endings?

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby M. Malone » Nov 11th, 2016, 11:56 pm

@ Max: I still think they could introduce RPG dialogue choices into the Arkhamverse even if it's a prequel. My idea of RPG-like features isn't as hard core as say, Mass Effect or a similar game. I'm not talking about choices that mean the difference between life or death for other characters. My idea is simply to design alternate ways of accomplishing missions based on how certain interactions/dialogues are chosen. But the overall arc of the Arkhamverse would not change. An RPG-'lite' if you will.

I realize I'm probably describing the sort of thing in the Telltale series, which I haven't played yet. I haven't even read much about it because I don't want to spoil things for whenever I do get around to playing it. I'm just thinking they could do with a little more of that in the Arkham games... a nice balance of both styles would be perfect!
M. Malone

Postby The man who laughs » Nov 12th, 2016, 12:58 am

I would like an origins 2 set in the 3rd year of batman

Batman is becoming a bit more experienced and with the rise of freaks trying to take over Gotham, the original crime families (Falcone, Maroni) aren't happy and have decided to fight back however new DA,Harvey Dent has been in the spotlight as a white knight. Trouble thickens when someone creates tension between both families, Gotham is a 3 way war with freaks, crime families and the batman and GCPD

The map will be have origins' map combined with a bit of the mainland (shown in a escape Arkham knight map video with football stadiums and skyscrapers etc). Batcave and a newly opened Arkham island which you can visit your expanding rogues gallery

This game will be set over a few days. Once you have completed your mission and want to start a new time period you go to the batcave.

There will be an odd daylight mission, eg sneaking into the Solomon Wayne court and avoiding detection of the public to watch the Maroni case.

Characters:
Heroes/ allies

Dick Grayson robin
Alfred
Lucius fox
Harvey Bullock
Renee Montoya
Gordan
Harvey Dent
GCPD

Villains:
Maroni
Falcones
Two face
Riddler
Joker (Cameo)
Black spider
Maxis Zeus
Killer moth
Calendar man
Zasz
Penguin
Scarface
Harley Quinn

Some minor villains will be introduced through the story. Eg, whilst investigating Maroni's headquarters, you see that Maroni is hiring minor villains to get the chance to old Falcone and the bat. Whilst there the interviewsis going on, he'll take digs at the villains names and get ups (eg killer moth) then batman crashes through the ceiling and mini boss battles happen

Gadgets
EMP weapon to use in predator to put room in total darkness for limited time, thugs can't see you
Similar detective vision as origins
Remote claw
Usual gadgets
Explosive gel long range rifle
Bat swarm grenade
Flash bangs

There will also be heavy references to asylums new development. Shiva ras and Waller all on a conspiracy with Arkham in the middle at the end teasing next game

Game will be called Arkham Shadows. (Batman is coming out of the shadows into the daylight more rather than being a myth)
Dual play and single player missions with and as robin
Asylum batmobile is driveable
Batcave is a bit more advanced than that of origins with dinosaur and penny etc
Riddler trophies as always (He's a double agent for each family collecting Intel on each Of them) first time you'll meet him face to face
There will be a batplane as a fast travel

DLC

Batgirl origins. Costume party at wane manor, killer moth invades, play as batgirl throughout
Jason Todd origins
Few other origins to villains with different areas of Gotham eg knight map
Return of black mask (after the Falcons and maroni have died down, black mask try's to retake what is his, ends in his house in which masks burns to his face.)

So yeah, these are a few of my ideas for a new Arkham game (kudos to you if you have read all of it)
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Mani-Man » Nov 13th, 2016, 1:46 pm

Personally im still one who would love to see a "reboot" or new universe created.
That way you have a lot more ground you can cover, missused characters can be shown in new lights etc.

But for now i just need confimation that a new Batman game is in development...everything else comes after that.
I dont want to see this game series, this engine and base to dust away somewhere.
Mani-Man

Postby M. Malone » Nov 14th, 2016, 3:16 pm

@ The man who laughs:

I like your ideas, especially for DLC stuff.

I would add to the appearing cast however, Catwoman. She's always tied closely to the mob and, well, I can never get enough Catwoman :catwoman2:
M. Malone

Postby The man who laughs » Nov 14th, 2016, 11:45 pm

M. Malone wrote:@ The man who laughs:

I like your ideas, especially for DLC stuff.

I would add to the appearing cast however, Catwoman. She's always tied closely to the mob and, well, I can never get enough Catwoman :catwoman2:

Thanks, yeah I forgot to include her in it as well, her story can be explored further as well. For me, I really want another prequel because I felt like there was so much left unexplored within batman games. Despite origins being good in my opinion, I felt as if it missed a ton of opportunities. B- class villains such as black mask, lady shiva, firefly etc weren't explored to their full capacity a long with the idea of a criminal syndicate such as that of black ,ask and corrupt police fell flat. So I would really like another prequel to try and include some of these key features essential to batman instead of having another joker game.
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 15th, 2016, 10:13 am

M. Malone wrote:@ Max: I still think they could introduce RPG dialogue choices into the Arkhamverse even if it's a prequel. My idea of RPG-like features isn't as hard core as say, Mass Effect or a similar game. I'm not talking about choices that mean the difference between life or death for other characters. My idea is simply to design alternate ways of accomplishing missions based on how certain interactions/dialogues are chosen. But the overall arc of the Arkhamverse would not change. An RPG-'lite' if you will.

I realize I'm probably describing the sort of thing in the Telltale series, which I haven't played yet. I haven't even read much about it because I don't want to spoil things for whenever I do get around to playing it. I'm just thinking they could do with a little more of that in the Arkham games... a nice balance of both styles would be perfect!

I guess that could work. Telltale Games often only give you the feeling that your choices heavily influence the narrative, too.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Nov 19th, 2016, 2:15 am

I either want a Batman Beyond game, or another Origins. Either way, my list is kind of the same.

Huge Open World
At this point, if we don't get everything they've already done and then some, I'll be disappointed. I want bigger buildings, skyscrapers for as far as the eye can see. I want monorails that actually move. I want construction sites. I want sewers. I want really glitzy neighborhoods, like Donald Trump's penthouse level glitzy, and I want really downtrodden slums. I want a Red-Light district, like the East End from Year One. I want there to be docks or a harbor of some sort again. I've always enjoyed the waterfront views. I want helicopters in the sky and ships in the water.

Interior Locations
The Arkham games have had a lot of really cool interiors, but I have a couple more we could see. Another mansion besides Wayne Manor, like the Falcone Mansion or something like that. Something big and grand, and almost like a castle in a way. A strip club/nightclub, like the Harley Quinn flashback scene from Suicide Squad. I know we had My Alibi in Origins, but that placed look like a wreck. I want like a classy, high end party place. Also, just like apartment buildings, offices, etc. More mundane stuff, to ground the story back in reality, rather than the thousandth abandoned warehouse.

Playable Characters

Catwoman Catwoman Catwoman. Robin and Batgirl are cool, but they have never been a top priority of mine, as they have always played like Batman-lite. Catwoman has a completely unique play and navigational style, and one that I really enjoyed. Let us prowl the city as the Cat herself. Please.

The Government
One gripe I've had with the storyline of the Arkham games is that all law enforcement is utterly incompetent, and there is nothing above local police. Like, where was the National Guard in Arkham Knight??? The rest of the games made sense, but in AK, I saw no reason why some type of higher military power wasn't even referenced. Show me Amanda Waller, show us a secret bunker somewhere, show us briefing rooms, black sites, and laboratories. Give us a sense of "world" outside of Gotham.

Antagonists
I think the story could take a hint from the Telltale series. After the four-game saga of Batman vs the Joker, show us other criminals. And I mean criminals, not the outlandish crazies from Arkham Asylum. Give me Carmine Falcone, Sal Maroni, hell even Fish Mooney from Gotham would fit in well with an Arkham game. Show me organized crime, show me gang-warfare, show me political corruption, high-profile crimes.

Crimes
I want crime scenes of all sizes and natures. Give me the socialite murdered in her penthouse, the homeless man shot in an alleyway, the businessman disappeared from his home. Give me clues, give me suspects. And make them count. Don't just have joe schmo suddenly be the killer. connect it. Victor Zsasz, Jane Doe, Copperhead. They don't have to be huge plot twists but just make them rewarding and relevant.

Vehicles
Give me a motorcycle, or an earlier version of the batmobile. I don't want tank battles, at all. Not a few, not one or two in a boss fight, NONE. That was a big miss by RS, and they need to learn. If the city is as big as it should be, we'll need a vehicle. Make it fast, make it cool, don't make it a plot point.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby JordanT4021 » Nov 19th, 2016, 3:19 am

I love these kinds of threads.

Setting:
Personally, I would either like to see a more intimate setting (like Arkham Asylum) to build up that thriller/horror element, or an expansive map with multiple interior spaces that can be explored thoroughly (like Arkham City). While I do like having an open city, its boring to me if we can't truly explore and get into every detail. Gotham is a huge city, so there should be a lot of villain hideouts (Iceberg Lounge, Abandoned theme parks, botanical gardens, random shops, etc.) and public spaces where allies can show up (GCPD, Wayne Enterprises, a High School, a hospital, etc.) The Batcave and Wayne Manor should be explorable for once, and I'd like to be able to return to parts of the Asylum and Arkham City. The city should be explorable for pretty much all characters (perhaps some locations could require a certain hero to access it) but its also free roam for every playable character, so there would be no "the city's only built for Batman" excuses like we got last time.

Story:
I know they can't retcon everything and start from scratch so I think they should just move on from AK with an ally driven game where the core members of the batfamily like Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman & Red Hood are the playable characters. The story, to me, should be the most important part. In my opinion, Arkham Knight's story was severely lacking and got extremely repetitive. To avoid that they can easily switch between allies, who have different morals and fighting styles, which would totally change up story and how situations are approached. It has to be a huge threat that would unite the batfamily so I'm thinking Court of Owls, League of Assassins, Injustice League, Legion of Doom, something along those lines. One important thing is that the villains NEED to work together, instead of galavanting off to do whatever it is they typically do.

Gameplay:
Gameplay is pretty crucial here. Arkham Knight let us down with boring and repetitive gameplay that had no real variety. Since my idea relies on the batfamily members, that shouldn't be a problem. Each playable hero has their own gadgets, their own fighting styles, their own combo specials and so on. I think that would make predator situations a lot more challenging and fun. Boss battles are a must too. The first two games were so well known for their amazing confrontations, so I (and I think a lot of fans) would like to see the return of that. I'd also like to see more of the dualplay that we saw in Arkham Knight since our heroes would be teaming up on certain missions. I really want recognition that the batfamily are capable and talented crime fighters, since Arkham Knight made them out to be incompetent children that constantly needed help. Also, same with the GCPD and other emergency services.

Villains:
Some villains like Penguin, Two-Face and the Riddler need to be retired. They've been doing the same thing from their first appearance in these games and people are getting bored. They can easily be replaced with villains like Black Mask, Great White Shark, and for Riddler, he could be replaced by the Calculator. I really want to see more female villains since there is such a lack of a female presence in the arkhamverse. I'm thinking villains like Nocturna, Jane Doe, White Rabbit, Lady Shiva, Copperhead, Joker's Daughter, Ventriloquist & Fright (it'll be a pretty expansive rogues gallery as you can see :oldyella:). Harley Quinn would obviously be involved because everyone is obsessed so I'd put her in a more antihero role to coincide with her recent depiction in comics and film.

DLC's:
No season pass. I can't stress that enough. A company like this shouldn't be scrimping on things as petty as challenge packs and 5 minute story modes. I'd go back to the Arkham City style with the downloadable skins, additional playable characters and special challenge/story bundles. A large hour long DLC would be expected, like Harley Quinn's revenge. I think maybe we could bring back Batman for the special DLC, or we could go for something completely different and bring in completely new characters like Green Arrow and Black Canary. Maybe a Gotham City Sirens DLC would be more achievable (Bring back Pamela please :I ).
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Jokerkim » Nov 27th, 2016, 4:52 pm

The man who laughs wrote:I would like an origins 2 set in the 3rd year of batman

Batman is becoming a bit more experienced and with the rise of freaks trying to take over Gotham, the original crime families (Falcone, Maroni) aren't happy and have decided to fight back however new DA,Harvey Dent has been in the spotlight as a white knight. Trouble thickens when someone creates tension between both families, Gotham is a 3 way war with freaks, crime families and the batman and GCPD

The map will be have origins' map combined with a bit of the mainland (shown in a escape Arkham knight map video with football stadiums and skyscrapers etc). Batcave and a newly opened Arkham island which you can visit your expanding rogues gallery

This game will be set over a few days. Once you have completed your mission and want to start a new time period you go to the batcave.

There will be an odd daylight mission, eg sneaking into the Solomon Wayne court and avoiding detection of the public to watch the Maroni case.

Characters:
Heroes/ allies

Dick Grayson robin
Alfred
Lucius fox
Harvey Bullock
Renee Montoya
Gordan
Harvey Dent
GCPD

Villains:
Maroni
Falcones
Two face
Riddler
Joker (Cameo)
Black spider
Maxis Zeus
Killer moth
Calendar man
Zasz
Penguin
Scarface
Harley Quinn

Some minor villains will be introduced through the story. Eg, whilst investigating Maroni's headquarters, you see that Maroni is hiring minor villains to get the chance to old Falcone and the bat. Whilst there the interviewsis going on, he'll take digs at the villains names and get ups (eg killer moth) then batman crashes through the ceiling and mini boss battles happen

Gadgets
EMP weapon to use in predator to put room in total darkness for limited time, thugs can't see you
Similar detective vision as origins
Remote claw
Usual gadgets
Explosive gel long range rifle
Bat swarm grenade
Flash bangs

There will also be heavy references to asylums new development. Shiva ras and Waller all on a conspiracy with Arkham in the middle at the end teasing next game

Game will be called Arkham Shadows. (Batman is coming out of the shadows into the daylight more rather than being a myth)
Dual play and single player missions with and as robin
Asylum batmobile is driveable
Batcave is a bit more advanced than that of origins with dinosaur and penny etc
Riddler trophies as always (He's a double agent for each family collecting Intel on each Of them) first time you'll meet him face to face
There will be a batplane as a fast travel

DLC

Batgirl origins. Costume party at wane manor, killer moth invades, play as batgirl throughout
Jason Todd origins
Few other origins to villains with different areas of Gotham eg knight map
Return of black mask (after the Falcons and maroni have died down, black mask try's to retake what is his, ends in his house in which masks burns to his face.)

So yeah, these are a few of my ideas for a new Arkham game (kudos to you if you have read all of it)

YES! That's exactly the kind of game I would want! Very Long Halloween inspired story with a few other elements thrown in, maybe even the Court of Owls. I hope WBGM are reading this :adam:
"They do The Dark Knight, and I did The Bright Knight." -Adam West
Jokerkim

Favourite Villain: Joker/The Riddler

Next

Return to General Discussion