3D images of a customized original version

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

3D images of a customized original version

Postby M. Malone » Dec 7th, 2016, 2:26 pm

-- Dec 15th, 2016, 8:35 am --

Okay I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this... several views over several days and no one has bothered with a response? Has anyone even tried it? I know the forums are kind of dead but, anyone?? Bueller?... Bueller? :lol:

I spent a few hours tweaking the graphics on Arkham Asylum on PC using a graphics injector called GEMFX. It was originally designed specifically for Rome Total War II, but can be used with pretty much any DirectX based game. It also has SweetFX built into it.

I'm happy to say that I've managed to get the game looking amazing despite the fact that it's not a remaster. Obviously there aren't a lot of fancy effects like reflections and stuff that makes the actual remaster look so good, but I really feel that the overall atmosphere of the modified original is superior. Faces and character textures are every bit as crisp as the remaster, but without the ugly 'too smooth' look of the remaster.

I thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing these, as I am uploading them as "cross-eyed" view.

Right click on the image and select "view image" to see the whole thing. These are not side-by-side comparison images. They are images rendered from playing the game in stereo 3D. If you cross your eyes just right you can view the images in 3 dimensions which simulates what I see when playing the game. It takes a little practice, but once you get used to it, it's easy to do.

(The first image is from a cutscene which is not rendered in stereo 3D - the rest of them are.)

There are plenty more where these came from - I can upload them as I play through the game if anyone cares to see them..
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: 3D images of a customized original version

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jan 26th, 2017, 11:41 pm

God, those are awesome. I mean REALLY awesome. Especially the character details in the first one and that "steam" effect in the last picture. I played the Demo on PC a few years ago but that didn't look nearly as good. If the Return to Arkham would've looked like this, I would have bought it without hesitation. I'd really love to see more of them, especially from Croc, Ivy or the botanical gardens. Those would certainly look astonishing with these tweaked graphics.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby M. Malone » Jan 30th, 2017, 5:39 pm

Thanks ClownPrince! I'm glad someone has actually enjoyed them enough to comment. I would be happy to post more, although it'll probably be a good while before I get to those points in the game... I'm really busy and I don't get to game often. I do have other shots of other parts of the game that I will try to upload in the meantime.

You may want to check out my thread on tweaking Arkahm Origins: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=58177

The pics I posted there are not stereo 3D, but I do plan on posting some 3D images of Origins when I get the chance.
M. Malone

Postby HaHaHa » Feb 5th, 2017, 2:09 am

Looks really good! Honestly you don't know how lucky you are to have these games on PC. I'd much rather have the originals than the poor consolation that is Return To Arkham.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Feb 6th, 2017, 6:46 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Looks really good! Honestly you don't know how lucky you are to have these games on PC. I'd much rather have the originals than the poor consolation that is Return To Arkham.

Yeah, but then you remember the Arkham Knight fiasco on PC (which I finally purchased but still can't play on my aging system), and then you think, "Nah, the consoles are okay." LOL
M. Malone

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion