Creepiest Moment(s) in AA?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Re: Creepiest Moment(s) in AA?

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » May 15th, 2013, 11:41 am

Dr. Arrow wrote:
KingOfEngima411 wrote:The Scarecrow Scenes and the Amadeus Arkham tapes. They brought a tingle down my spine when I heard Amadeus talk.

I agree. The voice of Amadeus Arkham and the Scarecrow Nightmares were the creepiest parts of the game.

I think everyone agrees.
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Postby Emptyclaws » May 20th, 2013, 1:08 am

Hmm... I'd have to say when you're walking past the sewer place, and you use the door in the back. Killer Croc jumps out and tries to break the glass. The whole Croc mission was creepy too.
TWO GUNS BITCH
Emptyclaws
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby BatmanGeek » May 26th, 2013, 1:57 am

When I Though Gordon Was Dead But It Was Really Scarecrows Gas. OR When You Enter The Morgue And All The Dead Bodies Are Saying 'Get Out'. That Creeped The Hell Outta Me:/<3
BatmanGeek
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Maultest » Jun 16th, 2013, 8:28 pm

I've started a replay and I've gotta say, The extreme isolation wing is creepy, You can hear some very disturbing cries.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby TheJester » Jun 18th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Watched a playthrough of the whole game again the other day. It was actually strange comparing the dark tone of Asylum to the slightly more upbeat City.

The Scarecrow sequences still unsettle me a bit. The morgue was especially creepy, with the ghostly voices telling you to "Get out" becoming louder and louder...
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Maultest » Jun 18th, 2013, 8:23 pm

TheJester wrote:Watched a playthrough of the whole game again the other day. It was actually strange comparing the dark tone of Asylum to the slightly more upbeat City.

The Scarecrow sequences still unsettle me a bit. The morgue was especially creepy, with the ghostly voices telling you to "Get out" becoming louder and louder...

Now that i think about it, IT would be a good alarm system
Maultest

Postby Batman522 » Jun 20th, 2013, 4:50 am

Anyone remembers the chamber in the gardens ? I always get chills in that room :I
Batman522

Postby AbStar921 » Jun 20th, 2013, 7:35 am

Batman522 wrote:Anyone remembers the chamber in the gardens ? I always get chills in that room :I

That's a very unsettling area
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn

Postby Maultest » Jun 20th, 2013, 7:41 am

AbStar921 wrote:
Batman522 wrote:Anyone remembers the chamber in the gardens ? I always get chills in that room :I

That's a very unsettling area

Yeah, and a clown singing a strange song certainly doesn't help. as well as another one of those known heart attack causes
Maultest

Postby Choyal » Jun 20th, 2013, 10:34 am

A lot of moments send shivers up my spine, but I still jump out of my seat when I'm in Killer Croc's lair. No matter how many times I do it, he'll always jump out when I least expect it. :croc:
Choyal

Postby TheJester » Jun 20th, 2013, 11:42 am

Choyal wrote:A lot of moments send shivers up my spine, but I still jump out of my seat when I'm in Killer Croc's lair. No matter how many times I do it, he'll always jump out when I least expect it. :croc:

I've actually become quite desensitised to the Croc level. Maybe it's just because I expect it now. I will admit though that my heart skips a beat every time he comes after you but you have no idea which direction he's coming from :lol:

I think I'm actually going to have another playtrough of this over the next few days.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 20th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Honestly, the whole Asylum looks scary when you finish the game. When you think you are alone, a maniac suddenly jumps on your back. :oldyella: That creeps me out.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Batman522 » Jun 21st, 2013, 1:39 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Honestly, the whole Asylum looks scary when you finish the game. When you think you are alone, a maniac suddenly jumps on your back. :oldyella: That creeps me out.

Oh yes so true after completing the game it's just so quiet when you explore the island.

-- Jun 20th, 2013, 9:58 pm --

This may sound weird but I always found Maxie Zeus's cell creepy just the flickering lights especially playing in the dark all around your room from the tv and how dirty his cell was makes me think wow Maxie must have really had a hard time here.
Batman522

Postby Choyal » Jun 21st, 2013, 6:33 am

Batman522 wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:Honestly, the whole Asylum looks scary when you finish the game. When you think you are alone, a maniac suddenly jumps on your back. :oldyella: That creeps me out.

Oh yes so true after completing the game it's just so quiet when you explore the island.

This may sound weird but I always found Maxie Zeus's cell creepy just the flickering lights especially playing in the dark all around your room from the tv and how dirty his cell was makes me think wow Maxie must have really had a hard time here.

Yeah, I just finished playing the game again yesterday, the Maxie Zeus cell creeped me out a bit.
Choyal

Postby Batman522 » Jun 21st, 2013, 3:23 pm

Choyal wrote:
Batman522 wrote:

Yeah, I just finished playing the game again yesterday, the Maxie Zeus cell creeped me out a bit.

Gotta love the dark atmosphere in the arkham games.
Batman522

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion