Creepiest Moment(s) in AA?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Re: Creepiest Moment(s) in AA?

Postby TheJester » Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:26 pm

Recently rewatched a playthrough of AA, and the Killer Croc sequence still stared the hell out of me.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jun 23rd, 2014, 2:03 pm

BigBisharp wrote:Oh, the crazed inmates, how could I forget you? Did you know if you didn't defeat them all by the end of the game, the remaining lunatics will stay on the island?

So imagine me walking around the asylum, thinking I'm safe, when a crazed inmate starts screaming and hops on my back. Needless to say, I used the Line Launcher to get around after that.

This is exactly what happened to me. Scared me so much I paused the game and had to take a break to recuperate. :oldyella:
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby Peel » Oct 22nd, 2014, 3:39 pm

Croc's interview tapes. Sat there listening to them and thought "Geez no wonder you got so big, tubby. You should start eating s'more veggies than people fatso".
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Red leader » Oct 27th, 2014, 10:12 pm

The thing that scared me most was probably the first inmate jumping at me or when waking near the inmates who are in cages. You can hear them screaming as the door opens.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby vengeancenightbatman » Dec 18th, 2014, 7:09 am

One might think all the lunatics would be gone once the game was over.But NOPE! The one that scared the life out of me was in the Gardens near the "Flooded Chamber".That sewer-like room where you hear Joker sing, then try out the (incomplete) Titan formula on a henchman, only to kill him and throw him down the pipe, right next to you.Yeah that room.Thing is, that wasn't the scary part.After finishing the game, I looked for a trophy in that room.To get it, you need to travel through some floor grates.I was confident there were no more enemies, I had turned Detective Mode off to enjoy the scenery, and then BAM! he jumped right out of the grate.

I always say that I would love to live in Gotham, but I would never EVER go to Arkham.Leave it to the crazy guy dressed like a bat to deal with the crazies :P
"I'm your worst nightmare!" BTAS
vengeancenightbatman

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: TheDarkKnightReturns

Postby Laederlappen » Mar 25th, 2015, 1:28 am

I wouldn't call it creepy, but when you're underground getting through ruins and sewers, and some of the main buildings' more secluded rooms, it really had a thick eerie feeling and you kinda felt you were in the middle of a murder mystery no one had solved for 500 years
Laederlappen

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby dk09w1ngz » Mar 25th, 2015, 3:24 am

The lunatics, always. I mean of course the Batclaw is godsend for taking them out but still.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Miss Manday » Mar 25th, 2015, 9:21 pm

I agree with everyone who said LUNATICS. Because if you aren't expecting them/they aren't visible in detective mode... jeez.

But the other thing: finishing the game. It's so QUIET, and you can't help but wonder if you missed someone somewhere and an enemy is going to pop out at you suddenly. I hate pop-up surprises, so that's the worst. :lol: But I guess that's part of the tone of Asylum, really. It's MEANT to scare you.
Miss Manday
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: The Sirens

Postby Benji » Mar 25th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Miss Manday wrote:I agree with everyone who said LUNATICS. Because if you aren't expecting them/they aren't visible in detective mode... jeez.

But the other thing: finishing the game. It's so QUIET, and you can't help but wonder if you missed someone somewhere and an enemy is going to pop out at you suddenly. I hate pop-up surprises, so that's the worst. :lol: But I guess that's part of the tone of Asylum, really. It's MEANT to scare you.

Totally :) hope we get some of that feeling back for Arkham knight :)

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Dick » Mar 27th, 2015, 12:39 pm

During fights and seeing my angry reflection on the TV. Scary. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion