Inside Extreme Isolation?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Inside Extreme Isolation?

Postby King Tut » Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:35 pm

As we all know, Arkham Asylum is an extremely open game that allows you to explore virtually every inch of the Asylum. However, there are some places that you never get to visit during the course of the game.

Perhaps the biggest and most mysterious of these is 'Extreme Isolation'. This is the location that Joker disappears into after releasing the first Titan experiment on you. Joker is standing on top of a hanging cell, which is then pulled back into Extreme Isolation, and the doors close behind him. Batman is unable to follow him, and you never get to see what it really looks like. If you listen carefully, you can hear screams and cries coming from inside. Also, this is presumably where Joker and Scarecrow's cell are, since you can't find them anywhere else.

However, the DLC challenge map 'Heart of Darkness' appears to take place inside Extreme Isolation. It is unlike any location you see in the game, and features the hanging cell. The challenge map seems like just a platform surrounded by darkness, but if you turn on detective mode, it reveals a very detailed system of stairs, walkways and cells. :I
So it seems like you do get to see inside Extreme Isolation after all, but I don't know why Rocksteady put so much work into scenery that is so hidden. You can only see it clearly if you use detective mode, and since it's a combat map, nobody's very likely to do that.

In any case, I'm sorry for my lack of pictures. If anyone else can get a good screenshot of this, I'd be very grateful.
He's Batman alright, who else in this present day dynasty could be that square?
King Tut

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Re: Inside Extreme Isolation?

Postby Benji » Mar 3rd, 2013, 1:06 pm

Awesome. I'd love to see this as well as I've never played that map pack.

I wonder how the staff and inmates get into Extreme Isolation, I wouldn't have thought that the cell is the only way.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby King Tut » Mar 16th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Benji wrote:I wonder how the staff and inmates get into Extreme Isolation, I wouldn't have thought that the cell is the only way.

There's a normal door on the other side, but I'm not sure where it leads.

Another thing of note, the cells you can see are pretty similar to the general depiction of Arkham Asylum in comics, and especially remind me of the Asylum from The Long Halloween.
He's Batman alright, who else in this present day dynasty could be that square?
King Tut

Postby Thomas Armbruster » Apr 16th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Interesting....I've theorized myself that Extreme Isolation was a location cut from the original game.
"Close Attention to little things is one secret of success."
Thomas Armbruster

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth

Postby VoodooMu » Jul 10th, 2013, 10:33 am

Thomas Armbruster wrote:Interesting....I've theorized myself that Extreme Isolation was a location cut from the original game.

I did this too, I ended up thinking that was going to be the original way to get to Killer Croc's Lair and I came up with three reasons to support this theory one being why it was connected to Killer Croc's Lair and two to why it was initially in the game.
Extreme Isolation presumably is located to the right of the Elevator Room (Forgot the name) the entry to Killer Croc's Lair spans over to the left, making their room for a possible entrance.
During Scarecrow's Nightmare inside Intensive Treatment before you get to Scarecrow you see a corrupted Batman in cells with electric gates which don't appear inside Intensive Treatment, only slightly inside Holding Cells but they're modeled differently. I think these cells were going to be the cells inside Extreme Isolation.
Also, when you reenter Intensive Treatment you have the two things available to access Extreme Isolation, Crytographic Sequencer and Line Launcher. When the guard at the beginning is trying to open the door he can't access it because of the codes (something along the lines of that, I can't remember) which is why Batman uses the Crytographic Sequencer to open the door and the Line Launcher, which Batman just acquired, and Line Launchers across the chasm into the room.
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby Nathan » Jul 11th, 2013, 12:29 am

Is anyone available to provide screenshots? I am very eager to see how it looks.
Nathan

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year One

Postby VoodooMu » Jul 11th, 2013, 10:28 am

Nathan wrote:Is anyone available to provide screenshots? I am very eager to see how it looks.

You can't actually see inside Extreme Isolation in the game (I imagine it's not even coded) but, like King Tut said, the DLC challenge map Heart Of Darkness is set inside their, presumably. Their are YouTube videos of the challenge map though like this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJp85x0zjGw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLJp85x0zjGw. Sorry if the video doesn't display the area to well but if you have the game and can access the Internet on your console you can download the map, it's free.

I forgot to mention. I had one other theory about this place. I think it could of been Story DLC and perhaps their was a second TITAN facility like thing in their, are just a large amount of it in their, because Joker goes into their riding a cell that contained a TITAN thug, considering he presumably hasn't left Intensive Treatment yet where did he get the TITAN? Their is no TITAN seen inside Intensive Treatment so I'm guessing he got it from Extreme Isolation.
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby Nathan » Jul 11th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Well, I do have the game. And all DLC's. It's just that my X-Box is down at the moment, and I really don't bother to fix it until the new X-Box One is released.
But thanks to your link, I got a glimpse of how it looked since I had forgot. And now I got really eager to re-play Asylum. Ugh, it's such a great game.
Nathan

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year One

Postby Guest » Jul 11th, 2013, 8:39 pm

That DLC is free when and where it's available, but it's not actually available on PC or Xbox (at least in the US). It's not even included with the GOTY Edition. Some people like me have been waiting for nearly four years to get the chance to play that particular "free" map and glimpse the inside of Extreme Isolation.

Postby B Wiggs » Jul 26th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Heart of Darkness does remind me of Arkham Asylum from The Long Halloween; it could be a massive complex just hidden within the terrain of the island.
Like when you walk down this raised cat-walk that can only fit a single person, and there's that insane inmate ready to tackle you at the end of it, I just imagine large amounts of cat-walks and stairwells; a total maze-of-a-place!
B Wiggs

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year 100

Postby Red leader » Dec 2nd, 2014, 7:27 am

VoodooMu wrote:
Nathan wrote:Is anyone available to provide screenshots? I am very eager to see how it looks.

You can't actually see inside Extreme Isolation in the game (I imagine it's not even coded) but, like King Tut said, the DLC challenge map Heart Of Darkness is set inside their, presumably. Their are YouTube videos of the challenge map though like this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJp85x0zjGw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLJp85x0zjGw. Sorry if the video doesn't display the area to well but if you have the game and can access the Internet on your console you can download the map, it's free.

I forgot to mention. I had one other theory about this place. I think it could of been Story DLC and perhaps their was a second TITAN facility like thing in their, are just a large amount of it in their, because Joker goes into their riding a cell that contained a TITAN thug, considering he presumably hasn't left Intensive Treatment yet where did he get the TITAN? Their is no TITAN seen inside Intensive Treatment so I'm guessing he got it from Extreme Isolation.

that theory about the second titan lab works so well with my theory that scarecrow and hush (possibly others) where doing something that tied into this but no one else knew details, Hopfully Arkham Knight answers our questions about this place.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion