The most honest review of Arkham Asylum you will find

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Re: The most honest review of Arkham Asylum you will find

Postby Biggest Bane » Dec 7th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Thank God I'm a non-believer.
Biggest Bane

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Benji » Dec 7th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Biggest Bane wrote:Thank God I'm a non-believer.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. Not all Christians are like that.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Andy » Dec 7th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Well, isn't that completely irrelevant.
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Hood » Dec 16th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Andy wrote:

Well, isn't that completely irrelevant.

:oldyella: just.. :oldyella:

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Jexx » Dec 18th, 2013, 4:27 am

I think this was supposed to be ironic.

He's thanking God.

Plus he capitalized God. Which usually means the person doing so believes in God.
Want to try out a way to earn stuff for free? Click Here!
I'm a sellout
Jexx

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Deadshot

Postby Dark Outlook » Dec 18th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Jexx wrote:

He's thanking God.

Plus he capitalized God. Which usually means the person doing so believes in God.

Not necessarily, I'm an atheist but I still capitalize God because it's a proper noun
Dark Outlook

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby themaddoc » Dec 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Oh no my topic has become a sectarian conflict!

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby Biggest Bane » Dec 26th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Jexx wrote:

He's thanking God.

Thank god I'm not a believer. :P
Biggest Bane

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 27th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Even though that I'm a christian, I got to admit this is just ridiculous. Most of the comic books(if not all of them) contain blood, and violence, so, what did you expect from a video game based on a comic book that is rated 16+?
Also, how can you feel bad for kicking some thugs' asses? I mean, they killed and beated the shit out of some good people in this game, so, punch them until they get unconscious is the least that you gotta do. You gotta give those bad guys what they deserve for their bad acts, this is justice, this is what the character of Batman is all about.
If you don't like or want to avoid the use of violence by your own hands to achieve the good of the people, simple, just go play Nintendo Wii, I bet that there you will find a lot of fun games for the whole family, that also doesn't require the use of violence.
Sorry guys if I sounded like a dick. I just had to take it off my chest.

BTW "Graphics: 40/100" ?! This is bullshit.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Bleemak » Dec 28th, 2013, 2:56 pm

So it's bad game, since rates for T and 16 isn't child-friendly?

And Batman shouldn't punch bad guys, but ask them to stop?

Graphics 4/10? If you played with low-PC then yeah.
Last edited by Bleemak on Dec 31st, 2013, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything about you tells the tale. Your attitude, your costume, your tactics...they all scream of outrage, despair, vengeance. What terrible wrong was done to set you on this path?
Bleemak

Favourite Villain: Bane, Joker, Owlman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby rh1006 » Dec 30th, 2013, 11:44 pm

"This home console game did not costs me much money"
Besterest grammar right there.
"It's Schway!"

"It's Schwarbage."
rh1006

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby birdman » Feb 8th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Red_Hood wrote:
Mr Wayne wrote:Thats the most retarded review of anything ever.

-- Nov 25th, 2013, 9:27 pm --

Benji wrote:Hahahaha oh jumping Jesus this has to be a joke. You can't buy a 16 rated game about Batman and then complain about the violence.

This.

FAMILIES MIGHT WANT TO KNOW IF IT WOULD BE A GOOD GAME TO PLAY TOGETHER

ITS A 16 GAME! Families do not I repeat do not play 16 rated games together. Well they at least they should not. Seriously another game review by some religious guy who says, "OH THE BITCHES IN THIS GAME WERE SLUTTY AND I LAUGHED SO I HAD TO PRAY". Its fucking dumb.
birdman

Favourite Villain: scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby TheRedHood » Feb 14th, 2014, 7:13 pm

what...the...POW...

I mean, why did they even review the game? Of course it's not a "family friendly" game because it's not meant to be a cutesy Disney game. I mean, I get the whole christian thing but holy shit, it seems to me like an christian extremists review...

That was almost laughable how ridiculous that review was...way out of line and way out of hand.
TheRedHood

Favourite Villain: The Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby CuzImBatman » Apr 16th, 2014, 1:44 am

As a Christian, this review kind of frustrates me... It's basic premise for the review is flawed. It's getting a poor rating basically because it's not rated appropriate for small children, and fails to understand that game's are not just for small children. Now, if this was not meant to be a "review" of the game itself, and serve as more simply how appropriate it is for small children or for parents to play with children, then it's fine. That said, if this is the goal of the website, why is this even being reviewed in the first place? First, all of the violence is well justified. These inmates have either hurt, are hurting, or intend to hurt others, and will just about as readily attack you too. That's perfect justification for knocking out some teeth and snapping some arms every now and then... Personally, I typically overlook "language" on occasion as it's just normal. Guess what? People curse. Nothing new. Besides, "bad words" is very relative as what makes language inappropriate is the context in which the term is being used. Now where I can have a problem is when you can't go a single sentence without cursing. That's just annoying, stupid, and honestly, it shows lack of a good vocabulary, and in the case of a book, movie, and video game, it shows poor writing. I also hate poor language when the expletive makes no sense in the sentence. I'm surprised how often I hear every day people curse in a way that makes no sense simply because they wanted to throw a curse word into a sentence in a way that makes zero sense. If ya gotta curse, fine, but at least make sense. The only time I actually got annoyed with the language was in the Arkham games was AC's Catwoman DLC when every other sentence had someone calling her a bitch. Honestly, the whole argument of the game being able to "give people nightmares", that all depends on how easily scared you are, or if you're a 3 year old... It's dark and occasionally creepy, for sure, but I wouldn't say nightmare inducing... I have cousins, Christian cousins, ages 13, 10, and 10 who greatly enjoy these games, and yeah, they found the Scarecrow sequences freaky, they thought it was awesome because Scarecrow is one of their favorite Batman villains... only my 5 year old cousin probably couldn't handle it, and while my aunt and uncle let him play it, I personally do not think those games should be advertised to anyone under the ages of at least 10-12, depending on the kid of course, as I have relatively mature cousins for their respective ages. But that's just me. Bottom line, the review wasn't about the quality of the game itself and more of "why this game isn't good because it's not marketed for toddlers"... in fact, this game doesn't even pretend to be for small children in the first place. I find the site's Arkham City review, while not all that extensive, a much more objective review. I applaud the site's goals of picking apart games to see whether or not they are appropriate for parents to show their kids, but that's where it should end, and not try to be an actual
"review" of the game, as a great game such as this, may not be the most appropriate for children. Guess what, just because it's a game, doesn't mean it's meant for children, nor does it mean it HAS to be for children.
CuzImBatman

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Red leader » Jul 30th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I'm gonna be straight, I'm Christian. But this review is absolutely pathetic. How can someone go into a Batman game expecting it to be bright and happy? Complain about the violence? The bible has plenty of violent events.
I don't see the point of reviewing this type of game for a family friendly website, it has a mature tone to it. If people are reviewing a game based on how family friendly it is then they themselves are pathetic. An opinion on a game shouldn't be given based on who it caters for.

I am ashamed to say I did laugh at some of it, and have since repented for that sin.

Wow really? I really wonder what people think of Christians... It's these types of people that give Christianity a bad image.

Either way I'm not here to shove religion down peoples throats' as I don't agree with that. I'm just very annoyed with how pathetic some people are.
In short, this review is absolute bullshit.

As a Christian I can't agree more. People like this who can't see that life can be dark and we can enjoy that, really get on my nerves.

-- Jul 30th, 2014, 12:14 pm --

CuzImBatman wrote:As a Christian, this review kind of frustrates me... It's basic premise for the review is flawed. It's getting a poor rating basically because it's not rated appropriate for small children, and fails to understand that game's are not just for small children. Now, if this was not meant to be a "review" of the game itself, and serve as more simply how appropriate it is for small children or for parents to play with children, then it's fine. That said, if this is the goal of the website, why is this even being reviewed in the first place? First, all of the violence is well justified. These inmates have either hurt, are hurting, or intend to hurt others, and will just about as readily attack you too. That's perfect justification for knocking out some teeth and snapping some arms every now and then... Personally, I typically overlook "language" on occasion as it's just normal. Guess what? People curse. Nothing new. Besides, "bad words" is very relative as what makes language inappropriate is the context in which the term is being used. Now where I can have a problem is when you can't go a single sentence without cursing. That's just annoying, stupid, and honestly, it shows lack of a good vocabulary, and in the case of a book, movie, and video game, it shows poor writing. I also hate poor language when the expletive makes no sense in the sentence. I'm surprised how often I hear every day people curse in a way that makes no sense simply because they wanted to throw a curse word into a sentence in a way that makes zero sense. If ya gotta curse, fine, but at least make sense. The only time I actually got annoyed with the language was in the Arkham games was AC's Catwoman DLC when every other sentence had someone calling her a bitch. Honestly, the whole argument of the game being able to "give people nightmares", that all depends on how easily scared you are, or if you're a 3 year old... It's dark and occasionally creepy, for sure, but I wouldn't say nightmare inducing... I have cousins, Christian cousins, ages 13, 10, and 10 who greatly enjoy these games, and yeah, they found the Scarecrow sequences freaky, they thought it was awesome because Scarecrow is one of their favorite Batman villains... only my 5 year old cousin probably couldn't handle it, and while my aunt and uncle let him play it, I personally do not think those games should be advertised to anyone under the ages of at least 10-12, depending on the kid of course, as I have relatively mature cousins for their respective ages. But that's just me. Bottom line, the review wasn't about the quality of the game itself and more of "why this game isn't good because it's not marketed for toddlers"... in fact, this game doesn't even pretend to be for small children in the first place. I find the site's Arkham City review, while not all that extensive, a much more objective review. I applaud the site's goals of picking apart games to see whether or not they are appropriate for parents to show their kids, but that's where it should end, and not try to be an actual
"review" of the game, as a great game such as this, may not be the most appropriate for children. Guess what, just because it's a game, doesn't mean it's meant for children, nor does it mean it HAS to be for children.

Really good job. I am a catholic and I completely agree with you especially with the fact that the Catwoman dlc went to far.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion