Graveyard Near Botanical Gardens

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Graveyard Near Botanical Gardens

Postby Batcrow » Apr 15th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Hey guys. Something that has been bothering me for a while is the graveyard found in Arkham Asylum. If you turn on detective mode, you will see that there are no bodies underneath the ground. You also notice that Amadeus Arkham's grave is dug up and there is a dirty shovel and pickaxe in the shed. Is Quincy Sharp possessed, or is he Amadeus Arkham in the flesh back from the dead...? :riddler2: :riddler2: :riddler2:
Batcrow

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Re: Graveyard Near Botanical Gardens

Postby M. Malone » Apr 20th, 2015, 11:44 pm

I don't know what the ultimate link is between Q.C. and A.A., but it's an old graveyard, and probably the bodies have decomposed too much to register in Detective Mode. Also, it is, after all, a gameplay element, so I don't know that I would put too much confidence in the idea that Rocksteady purposely left out bodies underneath the ground as an important story element. They probably didn't think it was necessary to include the bodies - I for one had never even thought about it until you brought it up.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Red leader » Apr 23rd, 2015, 1:51 am

M. Malone wrote:I don't know what the ultimate link is between Q.C. and A.A., but it's an old graveyard, and probably the bodies have decomposed too much to register in Detective Mode. Also, it is, after all, a gameplay element, so I don't know that I would put too much confidence in the idea that Rocksteady purposely left out bodies underneath the ground as an important story element. They probably didn't think it was necessary to include the bodies - I for one had never even thought about it until you brought it up.

Its bothered me for a while and it kinda fits with my amedues theory for arkham knight.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Batcrow » Apr 27th, 2015, 1:46 am

Um... Sorry for slow reply, but I did some research, and concluded that the bodies have decomposed. When in the medical buildings while walking in the hallways, I think the tv advertising the asylum says that the asylum was built over a hundred years ago. The average human body decomposition time is 70 years, and Amadeus's crappy wooden coffin certainly didn't slow this by much.... so sorry for that guys :batman: :gordon:
Batcrow

Postby Red leader » May 10th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Batcrow wrote:Um... Sorry for slow reply, but I did some research, and concluded that the bodies have decomposed. When in the medical buildings while walking in the hallways, I think the tv advertising the asylum says that the asylum was built over a hundred years ago. The average human body decomposition time is 70 years, and Amadeus's crappy wooden coffin certainly didn't slow this by much.... so sorry for that guys :batman: :gordon:

Granted there's the question as to why its dug up and there is cranes weapon thing there. They say the date the asylum opened in the trailer that has amedueses voice over. Its the same as the comics I think, like 1909 or something.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Postby Peel » May 16th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Batcrow wrote:Amadeus Arkham in the flesh back from the dead...?[/b] :riddler2: :riddler2: :riddler2:

Well.

I think I know who the Arkham Knight is now.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 21st, 2015, 12:39 am

I'm not sure about the open graves but I know for a fact Quincy Sharp was never actually possessed by Amadeus Arkham. He was being manipulated by Hugo strange into thinking he was the reincarnation of Arkham. Strange used Mad Hatter to help brainwash Quincy so that he would agree to his Arkham City plans.
Spoiler: show
There was a reference to Quincy in AK where it was revealed that Quincy had gone insane due to Strange's and the sudden stop in him being constantly drugged.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jul 21st, 2015, 11:01 am

JordanT4021 wrote:I'm not sure about the open graves but I know for a fact Quincy Sharp was never actually possessed by Amadeus Arkham. He was being manipulated by Hugo strange into thinking he was the reincarnation of Arkham. Strange used Mad Hatter to help brainwash Quincy so that he would agree to his Arkham City plans.
There was a reference to Quincy in AK where it was revealed that Quincy had gone insane due to Strange's and the sudden stop in him being constantly drugged.

From what I read, Strange appeared to Sharp one more time in AK while he was in prison (DRACULA Reference in Book Shops) and told him to do one last thing, and that was tie a noose around his own neck...
Prisoner 4011

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Its not really clear if sharp killed himself right?
The Gotham city story about him hints at it...but if that would be the case, the game would have pointed it out clearer i think.
Mani-Man

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jul 21st, 2015, 11:37 am

Mani-Man wrote:
The Gotham city story about him hints at it...but if that would be the case, the game would have pointed it out clearer i think.

A subtle hint is all I need.

Prisoner 4011

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 21st, 2015, 11:42 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:

Yeah, but he was mayor, he was in charge for the asylum, he helped with building Arkham City etc.
I would think that makes him important enough for a radio message or newspaper piece...anything.

But when Obama says he is dead...then he is dead :oldyella:
Mani-Man

Postby JordanT4021 » Jul 21st, 2015, 2:50 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:

Yeah, but he was mayor, he was in charge for the asylum, he helped with building Arkham City etc.
I would think that makes him important enough for a radio message or newspaper piece...anything.

Poor Quincy, RIP :hugo:
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Peel » Oct 20th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:

No matter who they are, when there is a videogame character with a first name Ulysses, you know for a fact people around him don't consider him important :oldyella:

I would've liked to have seen him in AK just for the sake of letting things come full circle and also just to beat him up. It would have been good for Batman to run into him on the streets of Gotham during the sheer anarchy and for Batman to blame it all on him, THEN for Sharp to top himself. That would've been gold.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Red leader » Nov 6th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:I'm not sure about the open graves but I know for a fact Quincy Sharp was never actually possessed by Amadeus Arkham. He was being manipulated by Hugo strange into thinking he was the reincarnation of Arkham. Strange used Mad Hatter to help brainwash Quincy so that he would agree to his Arkham City plans.

From what I read, Strange appeared to Sharp one more time in AK while he was in prison (DRACULA Reference in Book Shops) and told him to do one last thing, and that was tie a noose around his own neck...

Thats a cool illusion to Hugo's role in Engelharts run. He faked his death and "haunted" Rupert Thorn. I kinda like that you can saw that it was sharp being insane or that Strange did what he does best. That is effective ambiguity unlike the knightfall protocol ending. Though one thing i hate is that sharp was just controlled by strange. It simplifies and ruins the character parallel between him and Bruce. The idea that like how Bruce continues through the symbol of batman, Amedues lives on through the asylum itself, sharp, and now Bruce. By the end Bruce has come to grips with the fact that he may be insane but thats okay cause like Arkham he will become larger then life and continue fighting madness even in death. AC ruins that for me.
Red leader

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion