Joker Quote I Never Really Understood..

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Joker Quote I Never Really Understood..

Postby Bart. » May 25th, 2015, 7:02 am

When you are saving the 3 doctors in the beginning right before the Scarecrow, Joker will say over to you via TV that he's "inviting two friends to the party.." and I forgot what he said about one, but the other he said "he'll be just as surprised to see you as you are him" or something like that. I figured one of them was Bane...but who was the other? I never really understood this then or now for some reason because I can't think of anyone other than Bane who fits into that.
Bart.

Favourite Villain: Joker

Re: Joker Quote I Never Really Understood..

Postby TheJester » May 25th, 2015, 9:11 am

He's referring to Scarecrow I believe, if I'm thinking of the right line of dialogue - he calls him 'a good doctor' and the 'surprise' I believe is referring to Crane's fear of bats and Batman's obvious 'surprise' at being gassed with Fear Toxin.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red leader » Jun 3rd, 2015, 11:18 pm

Bart. wrote:When you are saving the 3 doctors in the beginning right before the Scarecrow, Joker will say over to you via TV that he's "inviting two friends to the party.." and I forgot what he said about one, but the other he said "he'll be just as surprised to see you as you are him" or something like that. I figured one of them was Bane...but who was the other? I never really understood this then or now for some reason because I can't think of anyone other than Bane who fits into that.

Bane like you said and Gordon. Or the one is scarecrow because who only says that second part referring to one of the invitees that one is bane then crane is the other guy who he does not think will be shocked by batman.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jun 4th, 2015, 8:23 am

"One of them is just terrified you'll leave without saying hello." - Scarecrow

"The other... well, let's just say he's going to be as surprised to see you as you will be to see him!" - Bane
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion