What would you like most from a remaster of Arkham Asylum?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

What would you like most from a remaster of Arkham Asylum?

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 2nd, 2015, 11:28 am

Hey everyone!

If Rocksteady did release a remaster of Asylum on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, which features realistically would you most like to see from City and Knight? Personally I would like to see the combat updated and for all the takedowns to be included. I'd like to see a bit more flexibility with the gliding mechanics so we can get a bit more air time and I'd like to be able change direction with the line launcher.

What would yours be? Any cosmetic changes? Skins etc? I did think I'd like the Gotham skyline to updated so we could see Wonder Tower and the updated Wayne Tower and Onerail station, but updated gameplay is my number one priority. As far as the Batmobile goes there would be no need to drive it but I think it would be cool to at least control the Batmobile with remote play to take down Bane.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Re: What would you like most from a remaster of Arkham Asylu

Postby Batcrow » Jun 2nd, 2015, 2:21 pm

I wouldn't want the combat system updated because that partially shows a more refined Batman the later into the series we go, which is one reason I don't like Origins, besides the lazy copy and pasting, all the glitchiness and continuity issues that aren't debatable of course.
Batcrow

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Postby TheJester » Jun 3rd, 2015, 4:41 pm

I'd like to see the boss fights tweaked a little, not hugely so, but enough that they don't feel as repetitive as they did in the original game. This could be done via implementing gadgets into combat, as first introduced in Arkham City.

Bar that, I'm hoping to have great next gen graphics, and that's really it; the rest of the game is perfect in my eyes.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red leader » Jun 3rd, 2015, 11:11 pm

I would like a few more sections added to the game like more hidden stuff and villain references and maybe an additional Amadeus side mission that ties in thematically but only if Morrison does it. Maybe even have them write the dlc challenge map into the game itself or add more challenge maps maybe even story challenges like the robin stuff in AC.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jun 4th, 2015, 8:57 am

1. Everyone should be able to play as the Joker.
2. Rocksteady should add the story sections they couldn't include the first time around like Mad Hatter's maze. But they should only do this if NOTHING from the original game would have to be changed or cut from the game for the sake of the new content.
3. Arkham Knight Graphics.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby Detective Crusader » Jun 8th, 2015, 3:04 am

Having it and Arkham city literally be an add on to Knight. Making Gotham more complete.
Dr. Jonathan Crane plans on elevating fear to new depths.
Detective Crusader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Death Of The Family

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jun 9th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Nice topic. I just started playing Asylum the other day. It's my yearly run through the game. I'm amazed how how good the graphics still are.

I believe if we get a "remake" for NextGen it will be nothing more than 1080 and 60fps.

But I would LIKE:

More playable skins in the story and maps
Mad Hatter Hedge Maze that Dini wrote up
I keep fighting about whether to want City fight moves and gliding, but you would need to add WAY more thugs to the game or it would be super easy.
Updating the Boss Battles would never happen-but that Bane fight is such a miss.....
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Batcrow » Jun 15th, 2015, 6:01 pm

E.Nigma Show wrote:Nice topic. I just started playing Asylum the other day. It's my yearly run through the game. I'm amazed how how good the graphics still are.

I believe if we get a "remake" for NextGen it will be nothing more than 1080 and 60fps.

But I would LIKE:

I keep fighting about whether to want City fight moves and gliding, but you would need to add WAY more thugs to the game or it would be super easy.
Updating the Boss Battles would never happen-but that Bane fight is such a miss.....

People get that Bane fight all wrong. That was Bane, after months of being drained on venom, being pumped full of it. He went insane. Detective mode says "Crazed."
Batcrow

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jun 15th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Batcrow wrote:
E.Nigma Show wrote:Nice topic. I just started playing Asylum the other day. It's my yearly run through the game. I'm amazed how how good the graphics still are.

But I would LIKE:

People get that Bane fight all wrong. That was Bane, after months of being drained on venom, being pumped full of it. He went insane. Detective mode says "Crazed."

Trust me. I fully understand the Bane fight. And his state of mind. Just a weak boss battle is all. Glorified Titan fight.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler

Postby Batcrow » Jun 19th, 2015, 4:00 pm

E.Nigma Show wrote:
Batcrow wrote:

But I would LIKE:

Trust me. I fully understand the Bane fight. And his state of mind. Just a weak boss battle is all. Glorified Titan fight.

agreed
Batcrow

Postby TheSythe » Jul 7th, 2015, 12:54 am

E.Nigma Show wrote:Mad Hatter Hedge Maze that Dini wrote up

I keep seeing this and wondering what it is, could someone explain? Other than that, I'd like the maze, updated enemy types (i.e. anyone can pick up a knife or an addition of shield), re-dubbing voice acting (Gordon, Harley, and Scarecrow), a hint about the abandoned wing where Jason was held, Arkham Knight Graphics, an addition of one more side mission (searching for Jason Todd, anyone?), better glide mechanics (diving and grapnel boost), and an upgrade of the skyline (Wayne Tower, Wayne International Plaza, Onerail Station, Wonder Tower, Lexcorp, and Clocktower)
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, or the few" -Spock
TheSythe

Favourite Villain: Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Dark Victory

Postby Chob » Jul 7th, 2015, 1:59 am

Just the Physx effects from the PC versions of Asylum, City, and Origins. Absolutely zero cosmetic or gameplay changes. Just all the DLC and skins and stuff obviously. And everyone can play as Joker in Asylum as previously mentioned along with the PS3 exclusive Origins stuff.

And yes I include Origins because I want a less glitchy port of the game so people can appreciate what it did well.

I'd also like a behind the scenes doc in the style of the little vignettes Asylum had on disc.
Chob

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jul 7th, 2015, 2:23 am

Chob wrote:Just the Physx effects from the PC versions of Asylum, City, and Origins. Absolutely zero cosmetic or gameplay changes. Just all the DLC and skins and stuff obviously. And everyone can play as Joker in Asylum as previously mentioned along with the PS3 exclusive Origins stuff.

And yes I include Origins because I want a less glitchy port of the game so people can appreciate what it did well.

I'd also like a behind the scenes doc in the style of the little vignettes Asylum had on disc.

I can get behind this. Ok, actually I want the skyline to be changed to have Wonder Tower. :oldyella:
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby MooCow » Jul 7th, 2015, 2:21 pm

I didn't mind the titan boss battles but I really want the final joker fight as well as the bane boss fight redone. Bane could make such a good boss battle but he was reduced to just a bigger titan.
Apdated graphics would be great but I would not want the combat updated. The combat was perfect for each specific game. Meddling with it would just create more problems than it will fix.
More secrets are always great and I would really like to be able to punch riddler's face in. Just leading the police to his location isn't satisfying enough.
MooCow

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Chob » Jul 10th, 2015, 9:46 pm

dk09w1ngz wrote:I can get behind this. Ok, actually I want the skyline to be changed to have Wonder Tower. :oldyella:

Actually, I've sort of changed my mind. The low res skylines and other textures past the playable areas have always taken me out of the game a bit. Especially in Arkham City when you can get high enough to see the ones right outside the prison. Giving those a facelift might not be so bad. And adding things such as Wonder Tower just helps connect the games better so I think you're onto something.
Chob

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion