What would you like most from a remaster of Arkham Asylum?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Re: What would you like most from a remaster of Arkham Asylu

Postby birdman » Jul 12th, 2015, 1:41 pm

The more I'm hearing about this mad hatter maze the more I want it to be added.

I'll definitely buy a remaster even if there is nothing added and its just a graphics update, but I REALLY hope they add something different.

I know this is extremely far fetched, but I'd like it if it was updated so that instead of some audio playing when you collect all of riddlers trophies, we actually get to see the big plan he had in store for Gotham and get to go to a small new location and complete a challenge to truly defeat him. ( I recall that you never visit the lighthouse in the game so maybe we could partake in riddlers final challenge there)

Also, with city and origins, I dont really think much needs to be added, as what we already have will suffice.
Since Asylum is the first entry, I feel it deserves some new content as a goodbye if rocksteady is to produce a remaster.
Also it really shouldn't take too long to add these small extra features. :adam:
birdman

Favourite Villain: scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby Thirteen » Jul 15th, 2015, 6:42 pm

I only want updated graphics and animations like jumping over an obstacle or ledge. Oh and add more enemies to combat and predator sections.
Thirteen
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Benji » Jul 15th, 2015, 6:45 pm

I want the batmobile added with lots and lots of tank battles across Arkham island, that would be fantastic.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 15th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Benji wrote:I want the batmobile added with lots and lots of tank battles across Arkham island, that would be fantastic.

I feel your sarcasm dripping down this post as I write it. I need to leave before it effects me even more....

too late.....I think they also need to add a $40 Season Pass that adds minimal content and skins.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Peel » Jul 17th, 2015, 5:16 pm

If there is a remaster and Rocksteady decide to add new things to the game, realistically at the most, all I can see added is;

- More bonus riddles
- A new section of the island - Perhaps more to the Batcave just for more easter eggs
- More challenge maps - Perhaps ones that are based on iconic places such as Crime Alley, the Arkham Batcave, Extreme Isolation etc.
- More character skins, including all the new ones introduced in the later games and even more newer ones

I can't see Rocksteady putting in the Mad Hatter Hedgemaze in all honesty because as he himself said, there is nowhere on the island that the hedgemaze can realistically fit upon. Perhaps Rocksteady could extend the map so that we could go outside the gates of Arkham, and maybe there could be a hedge maze, but it would be a big undertaking for a game as old as Asylum. If Rocksteady really wanted to do something like that, they'd just do it as DLC for Arkham Knight, which would have a greater chance of drawing more profit.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Dick » Jul 17th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Let us find the room Jason was held in. We've all played Asylum and yes, it would literally make no sense for Batman to find it and be all "oh mah g O D Jason's aliVe!!!!1! lol!", but who cares lmao. We now know what happened and it'd be rad to find it.

Brucedad could just come across the room and pay absolutely no attention to it whilst I am a sobbing mess and I would be perfectly okay with that.

Benji wrote:I want the batmobile added with lots and lots of tank battles across Arkham island, that would be fantastic.

Don't forget the maze of Riddler race tracks he built under the Asylum. To open the doors in the Asylum we have to go outside, complete one of the track, have a tank battle and then the door will open.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby crush8503 » Jul 21st, 2015, 10:26 am

Besides updating the graphics and frame rate, the only new thing I want is "New Game Plus." Some new easter eggs would be cool. Otherwise, keep everything else the same.
crush8503

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jul 23rd, 2015, 12:52 pm

It seems more like everyone is seeing remaster as "remake".

Here's my take then:

I want:
*the updated skyline as of Arkham Knight
*an "I am the Night Mode" with perma-death, high security henchmen in predator, and locking out specific gadgets until it's scripted to be obtained (explosive gel, batclaw, crytographic sequencer, triple batclaw), and Riddler goodies coming back in this mode (well there's no hostage rooms/racetracks so might as well)
*the ability to turn off counter icons in challenge maps
*all the physx effects
*brand new Harley Quinn tapes to match the continuity, post-Origins
*more dialogue and sounds from Arkham guards and the addition of tougher Arkham guards in Joker maps
*the gel detonation mechanic from Arkham Knight
*ALL in-game engine cutscenes
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby The man who laughs » Jul 24th, 2015, 9:16 am

I would like an uncut version, a separate part of the game which allows players to play things that were cut. I would like all the dlc, the joker and for better graphics. What would be good as well
Spoiler: show
another secret room where Jason Todd was tortured
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby ArkhamRoyale » Aug 8th, 2015, 3:21 am

Really, all they need to do is update Gotham's skyline so that it matches with Arkham Knight. Update the graphics and other tech specs. I'd also like to be able to use other suits. Given the atmosphere, now would be the perfect time to have a variation of the 'Worst Nightmare' suit from Arkham Origins.

Instead of a New Game Plus, just add an 'I Am The Knight" mode.

Here's also a good chance to now include Mad Hatter's maze in the Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Gardens looks much bigger from the outside. They could easily expand the inside and fit it in there. I'd also like to see 'Hothouse Prey' be the standard Predator map for the Gardens.

Gameplay mechanics don't really need to be changed. Batman would be overpowered beyond belief if they added the same mechanics from any of the later Arkham games and Origins. The predator maps are a lot smaller, and the combat maps don't have nearly as many enemies as we faced in other games.

ArkhamRoyale

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham Asylum: SHOSE

Postby kain9998 » Oct 1st, 2015, 5:08 pm

I'd really like more skins, Knight graphics and doing what Knight did in making the transitions from gameplay to cutscene flow right into one another. There's a lot of stuff I really want, but I don't see them as realistic. (Mad Hatter maze, new moves, updates bosses - like making Bane not a Titan reskin with a couple extra moves thrown in). If they did a re-master, it would probably just have some pretty graphical changes, MAYBE more skins since you can just throw those in without too much work, especially if they are skins already made in Knight.
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion