How did batman build the Secondbatcave, or even the first?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

How did batman build the Secondbatcave, or even the first?

Postby Valiantguardian » Feb 26th, 2016, 12:35 am

think he used Drones? Or he and Robin spent a few weekends there, maybe alfred and lucius too?
Valiantguardian

Favourite Villain: Two Face

Re: How did batman build the Secondbatcave, or even the firs

Postby M. Malone » Oct 25th, 2016, 2:19 pm

All of the above.

Also, I like to think that Batman has at least one special mechanic guy (like in BTAS... can't remember his name) who helps with projects like that.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby johnsyggel » Oct 25th, 2016, 3:05 pm

M. Malone wrote:All of the above.

Also, I like to think that Batman has at least one special mechanic guy (like in BTAS... can't remember his name) who helps with projects like that.

You mean that mute guy,Harold is his name.The question is very good,makes you wonder how did Bruce build all of his gadgets,the vehicles,suits etc.These can't be done just by a handful of guys,it should take more than hundred.
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby M. Malone » Oct 25th, 2016, 11:36 pm

johnsyggel wrote:
M. Malone wrote:All of the above.

You mean that mute guy,Harold is his name.The question is very good,makes you wonder how did Bruce build all of his gadgets,the vehicles,suits etc.These can't be done just by a handful of guys,it should take more than hundred.

Harold, that's it! Thanks.

Well, yes, it is about as realistic as his gliding cape and everything else about the Batverse.
I thought Batman Begins handled it well with Lucius being incorporated into the legend right from the get-go, and by making Wayne Industries primarily a military hardware company, it provided a plausible short-cut for Bruce to acquire so many cool toys. In my "head cannon," I envision the Arkhamverse being similar - Lucius and Bruce develop their trust early on, and the Batcave and everything in it gets fast-tracked to completion due to this working relationship. With the money that Wayne has, he could employ brilliant designers to cook up the tech he employs as Batman under the guise of a military contract. There might not actually BE a military contract, but the designers don't have to know that. By keeping teams small, separate, and focused on specific techs, with everything being classified as ultra top secret, Lucius would oversee the various projects and consolidate the results while Bruce, Tim, Dick, etc... along with Harold could put everything together as a final product.

As for the Batcave infrastructure, I feel like Bruce and Alfred (Don't let the Butler shtick fool you, Alfred's a bad*ss) would have constructed those things themselves, and it would be a work in progress throughout the first part of his career. Later he would have help from the Robins.

The batcomputer is a highly advanced piece of equipment, but essentially it is just that - equipment - developed by... someone. Bruce can put that together, while the programming would have been accomplished by tech companies (possibly a division of WayneTech). After all, he ain't running no Windows 10 :lol:.
Lucius would have his hands in that as well. Barbara Gordon would also have been instrumental in developing the software for the Batcomputer, even before she became Oracle. As we saw in Origins, she was already capable of hacking Batman's communications. Before that, Bruce relied on Alfred and used state of the art Tech that was available at the time. As his circle of allies grew, he was able to use their skills to develop very advanced tech that is specific for their needs.

That's how it makes sense to me anyways..
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Valiantguardian » Jan 3rd, 2017, 12:18 am

Oh on the topic of the military...

heard some of the militia in arkham knight talk about how great it was having body armor that actualy fit... I for some reason cant help but imagine him having Wayne enterprises help soldiers because of that, to show someones looking out for them.
Valiantguardian

Favourite Villain: Two Face

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion