What villains would you want?

GOTY 2009; How did you beat it? Discuss everything Batman: Arkham Asylum in here!

Re: What villains would you want?

Postby JAK31257 » May 19th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Man-Bats role:

Kirk Langstrom is a doctor on the island and is one of the first test subjects for titan. To see what would happen, Joker also injects him with his laughing gas and Scarecrows fear gas. The resulting mix of chemicals turns him into Man-Bat and he kills several of the guards and Jokers thugs in the gardens. Batman arrives to stop him from killing Poison Ivy in the glasshouse. He reverts back to normal, and then the scene where Batman needs Ivys help happens.

At the end of the game, he is transformed into Man-Bat once more and escapes from Arkham Asylum.
No-one arrests Black Mask! No-one!
JAK31257

Favourite Villain: Black Mask/ Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Peel » May 20th, 2012, 12:16 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:Here's my take on how I would change Asylum:

Spoiler: show
-Before I go onto the villains, I would have renamed the game 'Arkham Islands' if the sequels would have a land-name style to it. I would have also made the asylum based on a couple of islands outside of Gotham that would all be connected together because the amount of insane criminals would have escalated since Batman's start of his career. This would allow a larger map and more gameplay and a longer game length.

The Joker-Same Role but we would see more of him do more evil things. Like in the Botanical Gardens, we would see him create the first titan monsters and command them to mutilate a large number of Arkham Guards. Batman would have to fight off thugs while listening to them dying and Joker laughing at all of this. More scenes like that would have been fantastic, and he would have the same role as an orchestrator of the game.

Harley Quinn-Pretty decent role in AA that wouldn't be changed as much, what Joker couldn't carry out on person, Harley would and it would be shown how much Joker cares for her, such as when Harley goes to gas Batman in the penetentiary and she starts giving a long speech on him, Joker would set a countdown to lock the room and Harley would have to escape really quickly. At the electric field near Freeze's cell, she would actually fight with the thugs as Batman would have to throw explosive batarangs (A new gadget I would have included, basically batarangs but with explosive gel on that could be thrown, kinda like satchel charges) at the tower and cause Harley to fall out, and then fight Batman. Her fighting style would be similar to the assassins from AC, but she would eventually try to wield some tazers and would start throwing thugs towards Batman, or trying to save herself over the thugs when the electric floor turns on.

Killer Croc-Croc would be another one of Jokers pawns in my take where before Joker's riot, Croc would be in a holding cell waiting for transfer into the sewers, and then Joker would somehow psychologically torture him without Croc knowing it was Joker, causing him to be really angry and fight Batman, buying Joker time to make the titan monsters. Croc would be driven absolutely berserk and would end up kidnapping Doctor Young instead of Zsasz or another doctor, and Batman would have to waste more time in saving the doctor(s) and defeat Croc, in a better fight. It would be similar to Banes but Batman would have to always dodge him and couldn't throw batarangs as Croc would eat them or spit them away, and Batman would throw triple batarangs at some of the pipes to release steam to stun Croc, while Batman would then plant explosive gel on the ground and taunt Croc into running towards it. This would be repeated where instead, batman would get a triple batarang and spray them with explosive gel and throw them at the ceiling, causing it to fall onto Croc. Croc was teased to be this cannabalistic evil giant, yet he never had that much screen time in the game, such a waste.

The Scarecrow-Pretty much the same role as he had in AA which I loved, but he would have more authority in Joker's plan. He would have to help Joker in the chemicals and creating the titan formula, and would release more of his fear gas into buildings for Batman to be distracted longer enough. Scarecrow would combine a sample of the titan with his fear gas and create a toxin that could take away a person's fear, and it would end up being inflicted on Batman. Scarecrow would then taunt Batman in a nightmare about his parents death once more and how he can't even kill Joker after so many opportunities. Joker would know of this and demand more of it so Batman would break his one rule. Batman would eventually have to overcome this and defeat Scarecrow, who would be hiding in the Arkham Lighthouse, which would be accessible in my take.

Man-Bat-In my take, Langstorm would replace Poison Ivy as I am trying to hit a maximum of 9 and her character wasn't that needed in AA in my opinon, she should have been saved for AC and to have had a larger role. Man Bat would be Kirk Langstorm languishing in his cell wondering what is going on with the riot as he is held at the top of Arkham Tower because he is considered a dangerous inmate who can be kept far away and a large amount of noise would only cause him to become Man Bat. Another reason is because he is starting to cure himself as he wants to do right for his wife and because he hasn't had the Man Bat injection for months. Because of the interference of The Joker, Langstorm would be freed but he would run straight for the docks and try to escape. Joker wouldn't be happy with this since he released him only to be a distraction for Batman, and would sent a couple of goons to kidnap him and bring him to the Gardens. Man-Bat would be forced to help Crane and Joker with the titan formula, and would eventually fall to temptations and create the man bat formula to become the true batman once more. He would then go berserk off titan that was injected by Joker and would start rampaging through the asylum, killing hundreds of doctors, guards and even Joker's thugs. (Once you get to the south of the eastern island, you would use detective mode to find there are forty enemies on the island, and then Joker would hilariously warn them all that Man Bat is coming and then in a blink of an eye Man Bat would swoop down and eat most of them. The number of enemies would then quickly go down to 8 :D). Batman would then confront Man Bat and the two would have an aerial fight where Batman would be hanging onto Langstorm's foot with a bat-grapple and would have to get to Man-Bat's head to steer him into one of the buildings to knock him out. He would eventually crash into the medical facility where Freeze is with his wife and Freeze would then freeze Man-Bat's wings to keep him down. Man-Bat would then start destroying the whole building, while Freeze would try to freeze it in place. Batman would take the cyrogenic tube with Nora in and get her out of the medical facility as Freeze tries to hold it together, but Man-Bat would fall unconcious and fall out of the hole in the building, falling into the water below as he changes back into Kirk Langstorm.

Mr Freeze-Another villain who I would have included in this game, instead of being introduced later on in Arkham City. During the Joker's riot, Freeze would still be in his cell, refusing to partake in the clown's stupidity, while Batman would see him and let him out, telling him to head to the medical facility and treat his wife there, as that is where all of the survivors are hiding. As Freeze is going there, he would demand more protection for his wife from Batman and a small fight would ensue where Batman would have a boss fight similar to the one in AC but it would be halted half way by Joker, who would be sending about forty five of his thugs into the medical facility to bring Freeze to him, so he can perfect the Titan formula. With Batman's help, the thugs would be defeated and Freeze would spent the rest of the game in the medical facility, until Man-Bat destroys half of it and Freeze goes on a suicide mission to protect Nora and Batman. Nora and Batman would escape and Freeze would stay behind to keep the building's ceiling up while the doctors and guards ecape. The building would collapse and he would be assumed dead.

The Riddler-He would have had a similar role in my take of Arkham Asylum, but he would have had an impact on the on-going plot where he would create diversions for The Joker in exchange for protection and his escape. Riddler would still not be seen throughout the whole game and Batman would have to fight him through technology where their 'boss fights' would be like Tomb Raider's gameplay in trying to move through a room. Batman would have to open a series of doors via explosive gel and would have to turn off a couple of the asylum's emergency plans, caused by Riddler. This would involve things like gassing an entire room to knock out the rampaging thugs but in reality the rooms would be full of doctors and another instance would be trying to turn off the elevators, which would be transporting Titan for Joker and also goons. Oracle would then be heard from the cooms creating a virus for Riddler's software and Riddler would be heard screaming what Batman is doing and Batman would tell him to upgrade his software. Then everywhere that Riddler controlled that would have his signature question mark symbol would be replaced by the bat symbol and Batman would have free access across the entire asylum and all of the islands.

Two Face-Two Face in this game would have a complete different personality from the Two Face in AC, and would be similar to the one in Serious House. The staff and Quincy Sharp would be confused by him as sometimes he looks set to be cured and other times would look drastically insane, and would always be speaking in complete different voices. Sharp would then decide to keep him in the intensive treatment facility so he can be cured once and for all (Sharp in his chronicles would state that Two Face was once a man of the people turned into the very thing he condemned and was a pitiful man that was asking for death). Joker would let Two Face out of his cell who wouldn't have his coin and would always be muttering to himself since he doesn't know what to do and always relied on the arkham doctors to help him through everyday. Joker would half way in the story give him his coin and Two Face would then assist him in the titan plot, commanding several of the asylum's prisioners to raid the Armory and 'To prepare for an asylum break'. In reality, Joker would be planning an all-out riot with the guns so the thugs can kill each other and distract Batman whilst the Titan Monsters would head for Gotham. Two Face would then grab a couple of grenade launchers and light machine guns, and would be fighting Batman with some thugs on the main arkham island (Similar to the fight in TAS episode 'Sins of The Father(Remember that Balcony on the penetentiary outside facing the medical facility? He would be held there and it would be bigger, Batman would have to knock out waves of thugs while staying clear of Two Face's gun)). Batman would eventually convince him that he is being used by Joker and he would be insanely angry about this. He would then fight with Joker, fighting for control and leadership over the arkham prisioners but Joker would have prepared for this and defeat Two Face by throwing a horde of coins at him. Two Face would then be captured by Batman and thrown into a cell. In the credits, he would be seen on a boat with a couple of thugs and a pile of coins. He would hold one coin into the air and scream that he has found it, and the thugs would take the other coins for themselves.

Bane-We can't have the actual titan plot without Bane, he is the catalyst for this whole game. Now I would make him more of an intellectual where he is kidnapped by Young and in secret Joker, and would be experimented on for the venom. He would become insanely weak and left to die in a secret chamber of the medical facility, near one of Young's offices. Batman would find him and after talking about their last encounter and what has happened to Bane, Joker would pump Bane with the new Titan that would drive him insane, and the first boss fight between him and Batman would happen. I wouldn't change a thing about their boss battle in the game because that was probably one of the three types that I like, the others being Ivy's and Scarecrow's. Bane would be defeated and as the morgue section of the medical facility would fall, Batman would go to save a couple of arkham doctors as Bane escapes. Bane stays on the island while keeping himself hidden, adamant on getting revenge on Joker and finding the titan. Bane would head to The Arkham Mansion where Harley Quinn would be and would demand answers while beating her up. He would discover he had to head to the gardens and would do so, where he fights a couple of Joker's titan monsters (As Batman in one of the grates, you would watch this happen and watch Bane use a couple of strategies to defeat the monsters such as giving them low uppercuts and then grabbing them by their legs and throwing them into each other). Bane would take most of the titan and start heading for the docks to escape. Batman would stop him before the titan crates would escape and they would have a final fight where the two fight throughout the entire docks of the north west island, while thugs would try to help Bane, so they could have some of the titan crates. Harley Quinn, under orders by Joker, would put the crates on a boat and set them out to Gotham, which is why The Joker allowed Bane to have the titan as he would eventually recover it and send it to Gotham where it could infect some of the citizens to keep the GCPD busy. Batman and Bane would fight, and he would eventually sink into the water due to a giant explosion that would destroy pretty much the entire island.

Talia al Ghul (Cameo)-I know this huge amount of villains sounds crazy but this is only a cameo. After the player gets 100% completion, Oracle would alert Batman to head the south eastern island where there would be a distress flare. Batman would suprisingly meet Talia who tells him that her father has been robbed of some of his lazarus pits and then Batman would start piecing things together, discovering that the reason why some of the titan monsters were invincible and seemed so younger and stronger was because the Titan had traces of the Lazarus Pits. He would come to the conclusion that Joker would have somehow discovered some of the Lazarus Pits and would tell Talia to keep an eye on her father as he vows to investigate. The credits come over for the final time as the game would be 100% complete and a clear hint to the sequel would be made. Batman would look out to the intensive treatment facility where Joker would languish and all would be heard was Joker laughing and coughing, but muttering that immortality was in his reach.

Whew, that was a lot though now I pray to God somebody reads this, or I'll be a little dissapointed ::D

I still stand by this idea, and love how many of the ideas for Man-Bat originate from this :oldyella:
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Fozzie026 » May 20th, 2012, 12:38 pm

I never heard about Mad Hatter's original plan or the hedge maze idea. A hedge maze sounds like it would have been really fun though.
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.
Fozzie026

Postby KingOfEngima411 » May 21st, 2012, 3:04 am

Mr.Freeze and the Ventriloquist.
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Postby Mahkra » May 27th, 2012, 9:11 pm

I would add Killer Moth. It Woulda been cool facing him on the island. Or maybe Hugo Strange have a cameo :hugo2:
Mahkra
Arkham
This is Gotham.
Mahkra

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Apr 25th, 2013, 3:05 am

I don't know about the whole Mad Hatter thing. Even though I love Mad Hatter to death, a hedge maze seems a bit tacked on to the whole island. Unless of course they implement Hatter's "special tea", then it would be awesome.

Here's what it would be like, you hear the fireworks telling you that you have to go to the party. You follow the fireworks only to find the hedge maze which you notice wasn't there earlier. You enter the hedge maze with the entrance above the maze saying: The Rabbit Hole. And underneath saying: No Queens Allowed. You would enter trying to figure your way around, while you hear Hatter saying lines like: Come find me Batman, Where is Alice, Your'e running late. Suddenly, an inmate wearing a rabbit mask crawls out of a rabbit hole in the ground, and an objective notice comes up saying follow the rabbit to the party. As you follow him the ground starts to go inwards as if you are heading towards a hole, or going down the rabbit hole. Suddenly, you fall and you wake up in Wonderland, which is a distorted crazy version of Arkham Asylum. An objective comes up saying go to the party, you go the Penitentiary only to find it's the Red Queen's Castle. You enter and have to fight a barrage of inmates a cards and inmates as rabbits. Like in AC. Then you defeat Mad Hatter and wake up in the Graveyard of AA lying on the coffin of Amedeus Arkham.
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Postby EmperorPenguin51 » May 4th, 2013, 8:14 am

More Hush! The way the side mission ends with Batman saying he'll check into the Hush case "the next day" left me speculating like crazy. Too bad we wont get to see Hush in Origins since he got his first appearance in AC for this universe.
EmperorPenguin51

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby murcielago89 » May 24th, 2013, 5:30 am

It would be cool to add clayface.
murcielago89

Postby gary2692 » May 24th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Mad Hatter
Maxie Zeus
everybody in the graphic novel.

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Maultest » May 24th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Mr. Freezee would be cool to see, I can image him taking over the medical facility and try to find a cure for his wife.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Dent » May 25th, 2013, 1:42 pm

I believe Two-Face played important role in AA graphical novel. I can't remember it much so don't quote on that I may be wrong. I would have used him in the game for sure. I'm surprised Paul Dini didn't thought of it before writing the script.
"I believe in Harvey Dent"
Dent

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby B Wiggs » Jul 26th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Firefly would've been good. Perhaps Man-Bat. Humpty Dumpty or Killer Moth... just for laughs! :lol:
B Wiggs

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year 100

Postby MT15 » Sep 29th, 2013, 11:18 am

None, all the best ones were in Asylum
MT15

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby MT15 » Sep 29th, 2013, 11:25 am

None, all the best ones were in Asylum
MT15

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Red leader » Jul 30th, 2014, 12:30 pm

A couple small cameos from great white shark, firefly, killer moth, sionis, ventriloquist and others just hanging out in their cells. I would like to have a brief conversation possibly then watch them do things that have to do with their character.

-- Jul 30th, 2014, 12:31 pm --

Dent wrote:I believe Two-Face played important role in AA graphical novel. I can't remember it much so don't quote on that I may be wrong. I would have used him in the game for sure. I'm surprised Paul Dini didn't thought of it before writing the script.

He was not in it to much as in being active but was really important to it for sure.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum Discussion