Marvel Universe Thread

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Re: Marvel Universe Thread

Postby BuNKiTZ » Feb 28th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Yass. Look at this beautiful WHAM. Back in all his glory. Now, more Chris Evans-like than ever! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... eve-rogers
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Dick » Feb 28th, 2016, 8:37 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:Yass. Look at this beautiful WHAM. Back in all his glory. Now, more Chris Evans-like than ever! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... eve-rogers

Hot damn, Steve.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGYGYGYGYYGYGYGYGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(ノ╥△╥)ノ*:・゚✧
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 28th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Never read this much Marvel before...Karnak, Red Wolf, The Vision and Daredevil.

I am even thinking about changing my Avatar. If Rebirth will suck and all signs point towards that, except maybe that the writer of the Vision is going to write a Dc series, I´ll change to camps and consider myself a Marvel fan from that point on.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Feb 29th, 2016, 3:49 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Never read this much Marvel before...Karnak, Red Wolf, The Vision and Daredevil.

I am even thinking about changing my Avatar. If Rebirth will suck and all signs point towards that, except maybe that the writer of the Vision is going to write a Dc series, I´ll change to camps and consider myself a Marvel fan from that point on.

How's Red Wolf, though? I'm interested in the series cause I loved 1872 very much, but I'm not exactly a fan of the character himself. I loved the setting and the alternate versions of the characters I knew.

Also, would you want to add more to that list of yours? I've got plenty to recommend from Marvel's current lineup :oldyella:
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 29th, 2016, 9:58 am

The story doesn´t take place in the 19th century actually. He gets transported to our time very early on. Kinda feels like Marvels Jonah Hex so far, in a good way.

Sure, which other books should I try?

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Feb 29th, 2016, 11:52 am

MaxSchreck wrote:The story doesn´t take place in the 19th century actually. He gets transported to our time very early on. Kinda feels like Marvels Jonah Hex so far, in a good way.

Sure, which other books should I try?

Oh. Well that sucks. I was interested for Timely, but if it's not the setting then POW it.

Spider-Gwen, Extraordinary X-Men, Old Man Logan, Hercules, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, and Totally Awesome Hulk are some of my favourites. Oh, and Captain America: Sam Wilson's great too! Invincible Iron Man's first story arc had my favourite artist working on it, so that was really great to look at, but the story was pretty cool too.

Spider-Gwen's somehow much better than the previous volume, the one before Secret Wars happened. Either ways, both volumes are great. The current one just more so. Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man are great too. The former is surprisingly fun, even with the whole "Spider-Man, Inc." thing. It still feels like Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Only, well, the neighborhood's global now, and he's got money :oldyella: Spider-Man (that's the Miles Morales series) only has 1 issue so far, but it was good and it's back to the original creative team too. For me, Miles' books have never been bad, so I'm sure this one will be good too.

If you want to read Thor, though, I would suggest going all the way back to Marvel NOW!'s Thor: God of Thunder. You don't need to have read that, but that's my favourite Thor book. But, if all you want is the new Thor, you can start with the pre-Secret Wars book, simply titled "Thor." Or the current one, The Mighty Thor. You won't need to have read either of the two previous books to understand the current one, though.
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 29th, 2016, 6:04 pm

You remind me that I wanted to check out Hercules... maybe I´ll try Spider Gwen again, too.
Already read the first issue of the Miles Morales Spider-Man book. Thought it wasn´t that good.

I am torn on Miss Marvel. While I really like Kamala and her family the superhero action just isn´t that good in my opinion. From time to time I read it but I´ve skipped a lot of issues in between.
Does Nova still have a series? I tried that book sometime ago, I think it was the free comic book day issue, and maybe one or two issues after that but it was too much like Green Lantern for my taste. Just mindless space action. But at least it had less pathos if you know what I mean...

MaxSchreck

Postby Dick » Feb 29th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I'd give these a look at. Apart from the ones you've already said you read, these are my current favourites and I enjoy the hell out of them

Invincible Iron Man (well, at least the first arc)
Spider-Man/Deadpool
The Mighty Thor
Astonishing Ant-Man
Spider-Gwen
Uncanny X-Men
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby DarkFlux » Feb 29th, 2016, 9:54 pm

Not reading much Marvel atm but waiting for Waid & Samnee on Black Widow and BECKYCLOONANSPUNISHAAAA!!!
Walkers Powerman & Ironfist looks neat too.
And really interested in the new Black Panther book by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Can Marvel bring me back!?
DarkFlux

Favourite Villain: Ras Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 29th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Already tried to read Spiderman/Deadpool. All it did was remind me why I dislike Comic-Deadpool and love Movie Deadpool. But I might try out the other books, even though I doub they will appeal to me for some reason. The only time I enjoyed X-Men for example was Grant Morrisons run.... and even that book had parts I thought were pretty boring. Couldn´t finish reading it.

By the way, I am reading Squadron Supreme at the moment. Not the current series but the original miniseries, which is pretty much Marvels Watchmen. Love it so far, so maybe I check out the modern version, too.Heard they really kicked Namors ass...which is probably deserved from what I know about the character.

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 1st, 2016, 12:51 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:You remind me that I wanted to check out Hercules... maybe I´ll try Spider Gwen again, too.
Already read the first issue of the Miles Morales Spider-Man book. Thought it wasn´t that good.

I am torn on Miss Marvel. While I really like Kamala and her family the superhero action just isn´t that good in my opinion. From time to time I read it but I´ve skipped a lot of issues in between.
Does Nova still have a series? I tried that book sometime ago, I think it was the free comic book day issue, and maybe one or two issues after that but it was too much like Green Lantern for my taste. Just mindless space action. But at least it had less pathos if you know what I mean...

Definitely try Hercules! :D It's probably in my top 3 for the current lineup. Aww, too bad about Spider-Man D:

Well, personally, I'm not interested in Ms. Marvel for the action. I do like the action, though, I think it's plenty of fun.

Nova does still have a series. It doesn't feel so much like Green Lantern at the moment cause he's not doing a lot of space stuff at the moment.

Dick wrote:I'd give these a look at. Apart from the ones you've already said you read, these are my current favourites and I enjoy the hell out of them

Invincible Iron Man (well, at least the first arc)
Spider-Man/Deadpool
The Mighty Thor
Astonishing Ant-Man
Spider-Gwen
Uncanny X-Men

Ooh, yeah. Can't ever go wrong with Ant-Man!

I want to read Uncanny X-Men, but it's that piece of shit Greg Land doing the art so no thank you :)

DarkFlux wrote:Not reading much Marvel atm but waiting for Waid & Samnee on Black Widow and BECKYCLOONANSPUNISHAAAA!!!
Walkers Powerman & Ironfist looks neat too.
And really interested in the new Black Panther book by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Can Marvel bring me back!?

Power Man and Iron Fist was pretty good. I just don't like how Luke and Danny's nose are drawn :oldyella:
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 3rd, 2016, 3:30 pm

Read Hercules 1-3 and I have to agree that its one of the best comics they have at the moment. I also checked out the new issue of Spider-Man, but I thought it was rather weak.
Spoiler: show
Big villain shows up from out of nowhere, Miles takes him dow, impresses the Avengers. End.

Just like Nova the story doesn´t really progress well in my opinion...if there even is a story. I also don´t know what the author was trying to say with his commentary on Marvels current, more diverse cast. Definately see it as one of Marvels strenghts that they can allow themselves to do something like this with their heroes.
I´ve discovered that I like the current Nova books, though. Sam is just a very likeable hero. But the way he and his mother react to that reveal in the book... I wonder how they can just go on with their daily lives at all.

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 3rd, 2016, 4:17 pm

Whaaaat. I absolutely loved Spider-Man #2! :(

Glad to hear you like Hercules, though! :)

On the other hand, I finally tried The Vision. Holy POW. This book is amazing. I'm so glad I waited this long, though, so I got to read multiple issues in succession :oldyella: Haven't read #4 yet, but will probably do so later!
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 3rd, 2016, 6:35 pm

It wasn´t bad its just that the story is absolutely going nowhere. Maybe I am just not used to that sort of thing. All Dc stories have these long story arcs which build up to a climax, this doesn´t unlike Vision, Hercules, Daredevil etc

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 8th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Black Panther #1 was great! :adam: I really enjoyed the art too, and I especially love the credits page!

Black Widow #2 was really great too! I'm sure I'll enjoy this book more than the previous one. I enjoyed that last one, although at the same time, I'm not too sure how to feel about it... This one, I'm already immensely enjoying with the second issue :3

Avengers Standoff has been pretty interesting so far.

Spoiler: show
With a single page they made me not hate Maria so much anymore :oldyella: I still dislike her, though, of course. More importantly, however, I'm just glad Cap is back! :adam:

BuNKiTZ

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Discussion