Marvel Universe Thread

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Re: Marvel Universe Thread

Postby Harvey Bullock » Apr 9th, 2016, 8:46 am

Everyone needs to have Black Panther on their list. That, Black Widow and Daredevil are fantastic as always.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 9th, 2016, 8:48 am

Harvey Bullock wrote:Everyone needs to have Black Panther on their list. That, Black Widow and Daredevil are fantastic as always.

I'm not really feeling Daredevil, sadly :( I'm hoping the second arc will change my mind, though. It should definitely help that Matteo Buffagni is doing the art :adam: And that Elektra's part of the story :adam:
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Dick » Apr 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm

Anyone else reading Hyperion? I'm enjoying the hell out of it :adam:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #4 decided to fill me full of Spideypool joy and then rip my heart out ha ha ha not cool
Spoiler: show
crying Peter was looking at pics of him n deadpool when Deadpool fucking shot him in the god damn face oh myt gjhgfg
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 25th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Dan Slott is my favourite person on twitter right now. All this reaction to the Cap twist has been way, way overblown.
Harvey Bullock

Postby Mani-Man » May 26th, 2016, 9:30 am

I have the huge disadvantage? that i saw the whole thing first on Tumblr...so i assume that the context and all is a bit different.

What is the context to the whole thing?

I thought it was only the first issue of the new captain america story?
So far the only thing i got despite complaining is that a Hydra woman helped him or his mother and that in the end of the issue he says "Hail Hydra".
Some say that he is a hydra agent all along and stuff...but im very confused right now.
Are Marvel fans not used to "shocking" twists and stuff?

Here at DC we have Harley quinn who killed dozen of innocent people in the past, yet people love her.
Jason Todd shot rather tame "criminals" in the face...Hell, Batman started out as a lunatic who shot people.

What is exactly going on over there?
Mani-Man

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 26th, 2016, 10:55 am

Mani-Man wrote:I have the huge disadvantage? that i saw the whole thing first on Tumblr...so i assume that the context and all is a bit different.

What is the context to the whole thing?

I thought it was only the first issue of the new captain america story?
So far the only thing i got despite complaining is that a Hydra woman helped him or his mother and that in the end of the issue he says "Hail Hydra".
Some say that he is a hydra agent all along and stuff...but im very confused right now.
Are Marvel fans not used to "shocking" twists and stuff?

Here at DC we have Harley quinn who killed dozen of innocent people in the past, yet people love her.
Jason Todd shot rather tame "criminals" in the face...Hell, Batman started out as a lunatic who shot people.

What is exactly going on over there?

People are alleging that Spencer is anti-Semitic for putting a twist on the creation of two Jewish folks into an ally of Nazism. People are hysterical, but I genuinely can't believe that none of them have never read a comic before. I mean seriously, these 'twists', 'revelations' and 'shocks' almost always have a mundane explanation behind it.

- He could be a double agent, infiltrating Hydra to destroy the organisation permanently.

- It could be mind control.

- It could be whatever batshit explanation Nick Spencer comes up with

But no, people are being roped in by sensationalist headlines, Goy-splaining to Jewish creators on Twitter for siding with Spencer (Dan Slott, for instance), and trying to instil some bullshit sense of fake outrage. It's ridiculous.
Harvey Bullock

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 26th, 2016, 11:16 am

Not worried about Steve. At first, I was shocked and pissed. I was internally screaming at Nick Spencer for "ruining Steve Rogers." However, taking a few minutes to think and I'm pretty sure things will turn out perfectly fine. It is the first issue, after all.

Predictions:

It's a story about Steve and the people he looks up to as inspirations, right? I'm assuming he's a triple (or is that double...?) agent. The inspirational part being that his mother was offered help by Hydra and they took it, but eventually, his mother stood up against them somehow. I'm thinking in some small way, but probably not, if my prediction turns out to be correct. And then we'll see Steve do the same and "betray" Hydra.

There's just no way they'll make him a bad guy for real.

Then again... He did just kill Jack. But, maybe it was just something he had to do.
BuNKiTZ

Postby TFDutchman » May 26th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Regarding Captain America
They wouldn't be crazy enough to take Steve Rogers and turn him into a supervillain playing the longest con in comics history. I'd say that as a boy he is programmed as a Hydra sleeper agent and someone with this knowledge has managed to activate the programming. There's no other way cause he'd never have been considered worthy to wield Mjolnir. I'd say much like the Superior Spider-Man this could be a really great story arc and I'm hoping that's thebdirection they take cause if Spencer tries to make it that Cap is a willing Hydra agent and has been for all his life and history, then he must be smoking something pretty strong.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby DarkFlux » May 26th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Yeah, theres no waaaaay in hell this is permanant, of even to be taken at face value. Spencers a great writer and im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.
DarkFlux

Favourite Villain: Ras Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby TFDutchman » May 27th, 2016, 11:44 am

The best theory I've heard so far:
That Cap's history has been partly alrered by the living cosmic cube, Kobik, when Cap was returned to "normal." This all ties in together because Baron Zemo was present and may have manipulated Kobik into adding this hidden secret into Cap's past and Zemo had Selvig hostage trying to find Kobik again. I'd say Kobik disappeared and Zemo is intent on regaining control so that she doesn't undo what was done to Cap.

As best put in the theory this arc is gonna be about Cap's friends trying to save Cap's legacy from Cap himself.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 27th, 2016, 2:15 pm

TFDutchman wrote:The best theory I've heard so far:

That Cap's history has been partly alrered by the living cosmic cube, Kobik, when Cap was returned to "normal." This all ties in together because Baron Zemo was present and may have manipulated Kobik into adding this hidden secret into Cap's past and Zemo had Selvig hostage trying to find Kobik again. I'd say Kobik disappeared and Zemo is intent on regaining control so that she doesn't undo what was done to Cap.

As best put in the theory this arc is gonna be about Cap's friends trying to save Cap's legacy from Cap himself.

Ooh, I like that!
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » May 28th, 2016, 4:48 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
TFDutchman wrote:The best theory I've heard so far:

Ooh, I like that!

Definately are going to keep reading this. Though my favourite part probably was Red Skulls speech:

Its kinda funny how people on Twitter claim this writer is intolerant when he does an anti-intolerance story.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 14th, 2016, 9:22 pm

A second Community star in a Spider-man movie: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-ma ... ng-a142584

Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 15th, 2016, 1:23 am

Red_Robin wrote:A second Community star in a Spider-man movie: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-ma ... ng-a142584

Wait, what? A second one? Joel McHale? (also, R_R, there's an MCU thread :P )
BuNKiTZ

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 1st, 2016, 11:11 am

Oh what a surprise over at Captain america...who would have seen that twist coming?
Hm, how about everybody who read a book or comic before. *Rolls eyes*
Seriously, it was so obvious that his memories where altered or that he isnt the real steve rogers or something.
You could see such a "twist" coming from miles.

But hey, lets judge the writer, marvel, everybody who doesnt jump on the hate train for this right?
People are so desperate nowadays to fight and put others down, that they dont have any decency.

And guess what, nobody will come forward to admit that they might have acted too harsh, too fast...no, they will try to justify their awful behaviour...fucking people.
Mani-Man

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Discussion