The Damian Wayne topic

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Feb 8th, 2015, 2:51 am

Batwoman wrote:I´m not sure how to feel about this one . I mean , at last Dammy gets his own series , but what´s the deal with that monster in the cover ? Will they make Damian a Narnia-like character ?

That's just Bat-Mites evolved form.
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Damian_Wayne » Feb 8th, 2015, 3:28 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Image


Apparently Damian is getting his own solo series after Convergence. But the one writing it will be artist Patrick Gleason instead of Peter J. Tomasi. I am worried that the series might become just as bad as "Damian Son of Batman" was, because again Dc is giving a Damian book to an artist instead of an experienced author. Would be a shame if the book gets cancelled again quick because it is poorly written. A solo series is exactly what Damian needs to continue to evolve as a character.


This makes me happy. Wish Gleason was the artist though. Who will be the artist?

-- Feb 8th, 2015, 2:30 am --

MaxSchreck wrote:Image


Apparently Damian is getting his own solo series after Convergence. But the one writing it will be artist Patrick Gleason instead of Peter J. Tomasi. I am worried that the series might become just as bad as "Damian Son of Batman" was, because again Dc is giving a Damian book to an artist instead of an experienced author. Would be a shame if the book gets cancelled again quick because it is poorly written. A solo series is exactly what Damian needs to continue to evolve as a character.


This makes me happy. Wish Gleason was the artist though. Who will be the artist?

-- Feb 8th, 2015, 2:30 am --

EDIT: found out the Pat will be both the author and artist? Awesome.
Image
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
User avatar
Damian_Wayne
...........
...........
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mar 29th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Batwoman » Feb 8th, 2015, 4:08 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:
Batwoman wrote:I´m not sure how to feel about this one . I mean , at last Dammy gets his own series , but what´s the deal with that monster in the cover ? Will they make Damian a Narnia-like character ?

That's just Bat-Mites evolved form.

Wow... I didn´t know that...
Image
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
User avatar
Batwoman
...........
...........
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Jul 31st, 2011, 4:16 am
Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Feb 8th, 2015, 5:12 am

Batwoman wrote:
Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:
Batwoman wrote:I´m not sure how to feel about this one . I mean , at last Dammy gets his own series , but what´s the deal with that monster in the cover ? Will they make Damian a Narnia-like character ?

That's just Bat-Mites evolved form.

Wow... I didn´t know that...

I was just joking, I have no clue what that beast is. :oldyella:
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Batwoman » Feb 8th, 2015, 6:12 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:
Batwoman wrote:
Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:
Batwoman wrote:I´m not sure how to feel about this one . I mean , at last Dammy gets his own series , but what´s the deal with that monster in the cover ? Will they make Damian a Narnia-like character ?

That's just Bat-Mites evolved form.

Wow... I didn´t know that...

I was just joking, I have no clue what that beast is. :oldyella:

Haha I thought so , 'cause I googled " Bat Mote evolved form " and nothing like that creature came-up :oldyella:
Image
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
User avatar
Batwoman
...........
...........
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Jul 31st, 2011, 4:16 am
Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby BuNKiTZ » Feb 8th, 2015, 8:26 am

Damian_Wayne wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Image

Apparently Damian is getting his own solo series after Convergence. But the one writing it will be artist Patrick Gleason instead of Peter J. Tomasi. I am worried that the series might become just as bad as "Damian Son of Batman" was, because again Dc is giving a Damian book to an artist instead of an experienced author. Would be a shame if the book gets cancelled again quick because it is poorly written. A solo series is exactly what Damian needs to continue to evolve as a character.

This makes me happy. Wish Gleason was the artist though. Who will be the artist?

-- Feb 8th, 2015, 2:30 am --

EDIT: found out the Pat will be both the author and artist? Awesome.

This is probably the only one I'm excited for, among the new titles :D I wonder what that thing behind Damian is? Looks really cool!
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 8th, 2015, 9:03 am

It almost looks like a Ninja Man-Bat on Venom, but it has a huge tail...

Perhaps that thing was created like all the other weird animal creatures he has been seen fighting in 666 and Damian Son of Batman. Would be cool if they introduce this old concept from the dcau: http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Splicing

Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Damian_Wayne » Mar 13th, 2015, 11:34 pm

So Pat Gleason just replied to me (omg) and said that for a while he heard they were considering using the "Born to Kill" storyline for the "Batman Vs Robin" movie. AHHHH WHY COULDNT THIS HAVE HAPPENED! XD
Image
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
User avatar
Damian_Wayne
...........
...........
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mar 29th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 17th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Damian_Wayne wrote:So Pat Gleason just replied to me (omg) and said that for a while he heard they were considering using the "Born to Kill" storyline for the "Batman Vs Robin" movie. AHHHH WHY COULDNT THIS HAVE HAPPENED! XD



Well, I´de be surprised if they weren´t inspired by that story anyway. Only now its the Court of Owls that tempts Damian to betray his father instead of Nobody.

What do you think about Damian appearing in Gotham Academy? I am definately looking forward to that isssue, even though so far I had little interest in that series.




Edit: Some more information about Robin: Son of Batman #1. That weird creature on the cover is called "Goliath".

ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1
Written by PATRICK GLEASON
Art by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
1:25 Variant cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
On sale JUNE 17 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The son of a Bat and a Demon, Damian al Ghul has set out to forge his own destiny – and atone for the shameful Year of Blood! Will he be aided or hindered by the behemoth Goliath? And what mysterious legacy trails behind him? Join writer/artist Patrick Gleason as he chronicles the globe-hopping adventures of ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN!
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 17th, 2015, 7:02 pm

June's so far away. I wanna read that already :oldyella: Well, I'm not in a rush, though, I guess. I've got other comics I'm much more excited for.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 17th, 2015, 8:08 pm

June's so far away. I wanna read that already :oldyella: Well, I'm not in a rush, though, I guess. I've got other comics I'm much more excited for


Lucky you, I only have comics that I like just as much as Tomasis B&R :oldyella: Hopefully Harper and Steph will get their own book, than the wait for the new issues wouldn´t seem as long.


Batman and Robin has been delayed and its coming out next week instead of tomorrow... hopefully the same thing won´t happen to the annual issue.



BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #3
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by JUAN JOSE RYP
Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and GUILLERMO ORTEGO
Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
After a year that included death, resurrection and battles with the forces of Apokolips, it’s time for Batman and Robin to get back to basics both as father and son and partners in crimefighting. But have the events of the past year left too great a rift for them to bounce back from?

But I really shouldn´t complain. A little while longer and Batman VS Robin will come out... and then there still is the Batman and Robin Issue of the Convergence event in which Damian will once more challenge Red Hood to a fight.

Here is the cover:

Spoiler: show


This might not end as well for him as the battle, though....
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 17th, 2015, 8:22 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Lucky you, I only have comics that I like just as much as Tomasi's B&R :oldyella: Hopefully Steph will get her own book, than the wait for the new issues wouldn't seem as long.

Corrected :alfred:

MaxSchreck wrote:

This cover irks me so much. This guy's Batman looks almost like a copy-paste of Jim Lee's Batman, then you take a look at his Robin who looks out of place in more ways than one.

MaxSchreck wrote:But I really shouldn´t complain. A little while longer and Batman VS Robin will come out... and then there still is the Batman and Robin Issue of the Convergence event in which Damian will once more challenge Red Hood to a fight.

Here is the cover:

Spoiler: show


This might not end as well for him as the battle, though....

I don't really have any hopes for Batman vs. Robin, considering it being from the New 52 DCAU. Convergence should be interesting, though.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 17th, 2015, 11:37 pm

You don´t like Harper? :oldyella:

This cover irks me so much. This guy's Batman looks almost like a copy-paste of Jim Lee's Batman, then you take a look at his Robin who looks out of place in more ways than one.


We´ll I have seen better drawings of Damian, he looks too old and muscular. But overall I still like this art style very much. Perhaps Robin is falling out of the sky like that because he has lost his superpowers? :oldyella:

I don't really have any hopes for Batman vs. Robin, considering it being from the New 52 DCAU. Convergence should be interesting, though.


I am probably far too optimistic about the New 52 Dcau... but I kinda like the idea of a Dc universe where only Dick and Damian became Robin. This is probably the only way Damians story could work as a part of a live action movie trilogy.
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby Damian_Wayne » Mar 17th, 2015, 11:57 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
I am probably far too optimistic about the New 52 Dcau... but I kinda like the idea of a Dc universe where only Dick and Damian became Robin. This is probably the only way Damians story could work as a part of a live action movie trilogy.



Hmm. I don't knoooow. I still would love to have the others, and Damians interaction with his other brothers.

Damian live action you say? XD
Image
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
User avatar
Damian_Wayne
...........
...........
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mar 29th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 18th, 2015, 2:55 am

MaxSchreck wrote:You don´t like Harper? :oldyella:

Of course not. I'm assuming you do? If so, you'd be the first person I know who does.

MaxSchreck wrote:We´ll I have seen better drawings of Damian, he looks too old and muscular. But overall I still like this art style very much. Perhaps Robin is falling out of the sky like that because he has lost his superpowers? :oldyella:

It's not that, it's the art style. It doesn't exactly match the Batman's art style which further makes me think that this guy just copied Jim Lee's Batman.

MaxSchreck wrote:I am probably far too optimistic about the New 52 Dcau... but I kinda like the idea of a Dc universe where only Dick and Damian became Robin. This is probably the only way Damians story could work as a part of a live action movie trilogy.

Whoever said they were the only ones who became Robin? Though, that would make sense to me since we didn't hear anything about Tim or Jason.

Nah, pretty sure they could work him into a live-action film trilogy without resorting to that.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron