The Damian Wayne topic

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Re: The Damian Wayne topic

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 19th, 2015, 12:24 am

Hmm. I don't knoooow. I still would love to have the others, and Damians interaction with his other brothers.

Damian live action you say? XD

Of course it would be great, but how do you pull it off?

I think it would be far easy to have the batfamily consist of:

Batman
Robin
Alfred

In the first movie...

Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Alfred

In the second and then introduce Damian in the third while Dick and Barbara have become Nightwing and Oracle.... or you just start with Dick, Tim and Barbara in their classic roles and use two or three movies to have Damian grow into the role of Robin. But I´d really like to start with a young Batman, who is competent but not as experienced and has to deal with all of Scott Snyders crazy Zero Year stuff like Riddler and Red Hood. Dick and Barbara kinda fit better into that sort of story than Tim and Jason if you ask me.

Of course not. I'm assuming you do? If so, you'd be the first person I know who does.

Yeah, she sort of grew on me during Batman Eternal :oldyella:

It's not that, it's the art style. It doesn't exactly match the Batman's art style which further makes me think that this guy just copied Jim Lee's Batman.

Thats really not very creative... but while I am not a big fan of Jim Lees art I liked this cover very much.
Perhaps Grant Morrison was right about him if artist are already starting to copy his style, though :lol:

"There’s both a grandeur and suffocatingly cold beauty to the world when the Nazis end up taking over the planet. Grant postulated that such a future would represent the end of art, culture and social progress so he must have felt my style encapsulated that feeling perfectly." -- Jim Lee

Hope you´ve read the Mastermen issue of Multiversity. It was really good alltough I still think it was one of the weaker issues of that series.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 19th, 2015, 7:25 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Yeah, she sort of grew on me during Batman Eternal :oldyella:

Didn't think that was possible :P

MaxSchreck wrote:That's really not very creative... but while I am not a big fan of Jim Lees art I liked this cover very much.
Perhaps Grant Morrison was right about him if artist are already starting to copy his style, though :lol:

If the artist really did copy Jim Lee's art, it's not just not creative but just plain wrong. I'm generally not a fan of Jim Lee's art (it's impressive on a technical or anatomical level, but in terms of style, it's got nothing, no substance whatsoever), his Batman stuff always look great.

MaxSchreck wrote:
"There’s both a grandeur and suffocatingly cold beauty to the world when the Nazis end up taking over the planet. Grant postulated that such a future would represent the end of art, culture and social progress so he must have felt my style encapsulated that feeling perfectly." -- Jim Lee

Hope you´ve read the Mastermen issue of Multiversity. It was really good alltough I still think it was one of the weaker issues of that series.

Nah, I'm not really following Multiversity.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 19th, 2015, 6:03 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Yeah, she sort of grew on me during Batman Eternal :oldyella:

Didn't think that was possible

MaxSchreck wrote:That's really not very creative... but while I am not a big fan of Jim Lees art I liked this cover very much.

If the artist really did copy Jim Lee's art, it's not just not creative but just plain wrong. I'm generally not a fan of Jim Lee's art (it's impressive on a technical or anatomical level, but in terms of style, it's got nothing, no substance whatsoever), his Batman stuff always look great.

MaxSchreck wrote:

Nah, I'm not really following Multiversity.

I didn´t know she was THAT unpopular :lol:

Definately agree with you about Lee´s art. I much prefer an artist like Greg Capullo over Lee. Its good that they have replaced him with Jason Fabok in Jl.

MaxSchreck

Postby Damian_Wayne » Mar 26th, 2015, 1:02 am

The final issue of Batman and Robin :')

I loved it. The parallels to Batman and Robin #18 were fantastic. Got me a little teary eyed. I can't believe the series is oveerrrrr ughhhhhhhh. At least we have Son Of Batman in June! Ahh!

Spoiler: show
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 26th, 2015, 7:58 pm

I was a little dissapointed....

... mostly because Bruce tricked Damian, so there was no real Robin/Shazam team up. But otherwise Tomasi once again wrote a wonderful issue. The dialogue between Bruce and his son was great. Its simply amazing how the relationship between the two has evolved. Can´t wait for the anual in April and the solo series after that.

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 26th, 2015, 8:02 pm

The issue was fucking perfect, that's all I need to say :oldyella:

Bruce being proud of Damian, the parallels to #18, all them feels, ahh! ♥
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 30th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Finally there is a preview for the Batman and Robin annual :) Looks like it could be a lot of fun, alltough the art looks kinda ugly on some panels.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03/30 ... terkind-17

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 31st, 2015, 3:48 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Finally there is a preview for the Batman and Robin annual :) Looks like it could be a lot of fun, alltough the art looks kinda ugly on some panels.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03/30 ... terkind-17

Yeah, the art's a bit disappointing, but I won't complain so much. That's often the case with annuals. They're not as good as the book itself.
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » May 22nd, 2015, 11:32 am

Well the plot of the anual was fairly weak, just like the art. But again you just have to love how Tomasi writes the interaction between Damian and his father. Now the two have become a real dynamic duo and Bruce even enjoys being Batman. I always find it very refreshing if something like that happens, if he isn´t an antisocial jerk that doesn´t get along with anybody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone read the Son of Batman sneak peak? Thought it was quite good.

I quite like Damians new pet :oldyella:

MaxSchreck

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 22nd, 2015, 1:17 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Well the plot of the anual was fairly weak, just like the art. But again you just have to love how Tomasi writes the interaction between Damian and his father. Now the two have become a real dynamic duo and Bruce even enjoys being Batman. I always find it very refreshing if something like that happens, if he isn´t an antisocial jerk that doesn´t get along with anybody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I love the big guy :oldyella: I wonder where he got him from, though?
BuNKiTZ

Postby MaxSchreck » May 22nd, 2015, 2:10 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Well the plot of the anual was fairly weak, just like the art. But again you just have to love how Tomasi writes the interaction between Damian and his father. Now the two have become a real dynamic duo and Bruce even enjoys being Batman. I always find it very refreshing if something like that happens, if he isn´t an antisocial jerk that doesn´t get along with anybody.

Yeah, I love the big guy :oldyella: I wonder where he got him from, though?

I have no idea. He seems to be an entirely new character.

What also interests me is
which role Nobody II will play in the story. Is he Ducards son? Why will he team up with Robin even though Damian seems to be traveling the world to make up for the crimes he comitted before becoming a member of the Batfamily?

MaxSchreck

Postby Damian_Wayne » May 22nd, 2015, 2:30 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Has anyone read the Son of Batman sneak peak? Thought it was quite good.

Yeah I read it, I really enjoyed it too :3.
Damian_Wayne

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 16th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Next week Damian will finally meet the other students of Gotham Academy. Here is a preview of the issue:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/06/da ... e-preview/

Looks really good so far. Damian shouldn´t mess with the other characters from that book, though which he almost certainly will at some point. Otherwise he´ll surely regret it :oldyella:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotham Academy was excellent in my opinion. Only the the ending dissapointed me slightly, since it showed that Damian is likely not going to return to the Academy any time soon...

A preview for son of Batman has also come out: http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive ... bin-220872

This weird middle eastern dude Damian fights reminds me of the weird characters in the Son of Batman mini series and Anne Nocentis creations in a bad way. The sneak peek made a much better impression on me when I read it.

I am looking forward to this encounter in the september issue, though. But does Damian stand a chance against a foe as dangerous as this one? :oldyella:

MaxSchreck

Postby Damian_Wayne » Aug 22nd, 2015, 6:12 pm

I really liked issue 3 of R:SOB xD

Poor Damian and his tooth :v

I really like Maya as wel!
Damian_Wayne

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 22nd, 2015, 6:28 pm

Maya and Damian
Sitting on Goliath
K~I~L~L~I~N~G--Oh, wait, they don't kill. Tsk.

:oldyella:

I really like Maya, and the last issue of Robin: Son of Batman as well. I just realized that Damian's new cape's yellow lining forms a "W" shape. I'd like to think it's meant to stand for "Wayne" :cry:
BuNKiTZ

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Discussion